Duck Fallas

Redskins release Cooley.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Redskins-release-Cooley?blockID=764213&feedID=6458

This is kind of shocking, but at the same time it is not. Cooley is and likely always will be one of the best players to ever suit up in the Burgundy and Gold. I hope he continues his career elsewhere, just not in the NFCE.

Cooley can still play but the Skins are moving forward with young Fred Davis.

Fred Davis is clearly the man in Washington..

The Eagles gave Jeremy Shockey a look reportedly in training camp. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave Cooley a look. Could be a great move.

The Eagles gave Jeremy Shockey a look reportedly in training camp. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave Cooley a look. Could be a great move.

:yeahthat:

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Listening to Cooley saying his good-byes, I don't think he will play this season at all, he seems very heartbroken. Even if he does play, i really doubt it would be for a division rival, he loves the Redskins to do that.

Listening to Cooley saying his good-byes, I don't think he will play this season at all, he seems very heartbroken. Even if he does play, i really doubt it would be for a division rival, he loves the Redskins to do that.

Yeah, I just got finished from watching the press conference. His voice was kinda shaky the entire time. You can tell he wanted to retire a Redskin. BUt as he mentioned, he still knows he can be productive and be a starter in this league.

As far as going to a division rival, you never know. Once players get some idle time alone and reflect on the fact that the team they love cut them... Idk. I'm just being optimistic; he could be a nice pick up for us.

Cooley strikes me as the type of guy that would definitely consider a rival to prove he's still got it.

Then again, I haven't heard his press conference and from what you guys are saying that option doesn't seem too favorable.

Cooley strikes me as the type of guy that would definitely consider a rival to prove he's still got it.

Then again, I haven't heard his press conference and from what you guys are saying that option doesn't seem too favorable.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055588/article/chris-cooley-released-by-redskins-after-eight-seasons?module=HP11_headline_stack

Yeah, I just got finished from watching the press conference. His voice was kinda shaky the entire time. You can tell he wanted to retire a Redskin. BUt as he mentioned, he still knows he can be productive and be a starter in this league.

As far as going to a division rival, you never know. Once players get some idle time alone and reflect on the fact that the team they love cut them... Idk. I'm just being optimistic; he could be a nice pick up for us.

I believe that he can still be a productive TE for anyone in the league. The Redskins made more of a business move than a productivity move. He simply hasn't been very durable the last couple of seasons and the Redskins have a great young guy in Fred Davis and are bringing Niles Paul along in the role, too. Cooley just doesn't fit into the plans, unfortunately.

I believe that he can still be a productive TE for anyone in the league. The Redskins made more of a business move than a productivity move. He simply hasn't been very durable the last couple of seasons and the Redskins have a great young guy in Fred Davis and are bringing Niles Paul along in the role, too. Cooley just doesn't fit into the plans, unfortunately.

Yeah, similar situation with Asante Samuel. Good player but doesn't fit with the plans anymore. I wouldn't mind the eagles scooping up Cooley. I was going to call that in to eagles camp 2mar to bring it up; get it in the air lol.

Tony Romo likes when bad things happen to Chris Cooley.

Loser.