Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2012 Buccaneers season thread

@BucSidelineGuy:

3 #Saints Robinson not looking in backfield when shoves @Mikebuc19 & Its Close but @JF5x IS IN tackle box when shove starts=COULDA CALLED IT

@BucSidelineGuy:

And @CommishOnline important: when Robinson is shoving Mike, Freeman clearly has 2 be outta pocket/running & back judge NOT watching that

Again...we got fucked...should have gone into OT or at the VERY LEAST called illegal contact on the defense...half the distance to the goal and first down...

But w/e...on to the next one...

SMH

EDIT:

The positive thing is how awesome our offense is looking with each passing week. Getting ahold of the offense better and better with every week, getting more and more comfortable with every week. Freeman has looked awesome so far in two games. I think that regardless of who it was against, he needs that as a confidence builder. Of course it's showing that he's getting better and better in the new offense.

Doug Martin is getting better and better, and VJax is just a fucking MONSTER. Playing with a calf injury and he still goes over 200 yards receiving and a TD (could have been two) I mean DAMN.

Hopefully this offense (mainly Freeman) can keep it up and stay consistent while growing more and getting better in the offense. Mike Sullivan has had some questionable issues with play calling, but he's clearly getting better and better also.

I'm not ready to say the 2010 Freeman is back yet after two EXCELLENT games, but I am STARTING (not out yet) to crawl out of the "it's time to move on" feeling with him. If he can keep this up, maybe we still draft a QB, but MUCH later and we can focus those premium picks on other issues.

Let's face it, if we have to start over at QB, that's a major setback. We'll see...

Edited by BucD

Props to V-Jax for setting team record for most receiving yards in a single game. I expect him to break most of our receiving records by the team he's done in Tampa.

Wow, so the refs did get it wrong. Unreal. Of course you won't see ESPN talking about this at all like they did when the Packers got screwed over because we are not one of ESPN's butt buddy NFL teams like the Packers and it wasn't the replacement refs who fucked up. The media is such a fucking joke.

But anyways, we should have won the game regardless. Go to the gameday thread, if you want to see why I think we lost.

Yea, I can't say enough about V-Jax. Absolutely love this guy. He's now top 5 in receiving yards and is coming off a 200+ yard receiving game against a division rival playing with an injured calf. Such a beast.

Freeman has been AWESOME the past 2 games. I really hope he can keep it up because he's looking like he can be our guy.

Was really impressed with Doug Martin yesterday. He was very quick and elusive and was getting some yards after contact which I wasn't seeing before.

Sully called an awesome game IMO other than those 4 plays after V-Jax's 95 yard TD. Sheridan called a shit game.

I can't really give much insight on the team, because I've had to miss our last 2 games for work unfortunatly. But it looks like the coaches finally figured out that our passing game will only work as a vertical passing game with big plays. It appears we still need to figure out how to be a consistent offense though. I also like seeing Martin's numbers improve.

Also, props to NBB on being right about Underwood > Parker. Underwood is a better fit for the offense we need to run. He is still too hard on Parker though, who I still think is a solid slot receiver.

I'm excited for our only primetime game this Thursday, I know for sure I can actually watch lol.

• Upvote 1

Sherdian could be the one coach fired at the end of the year.

Sherdian could be the one coach fired at the end of the year.

If he keeps on rushing 3 against QB's as good as Drew Brees, he will be fired at the end of the year. Yesterday he was AWFUL.

If he keeps on rushing 3 against QB's as good as Drew Brees, he will be fired at the end of the year. Yesterday he was AWFUL.

To be fair, people have been calling for his head for rushing too many players and now we claim he doesn't rush enough.

He probably didn't want to leave our corners on islands by blitzing against Brees like we did against Eli. It backfired, but our secondary and pass rush sucks so it will be hard to make it work either way. Hopefully the return of Bowers fixes things. But the secondary needs a complete overhaul.

Vincent Jackson (calf) was limited in Bucs practice Monday.
Hope he's good to go Thursday.

Pretty sure they said the same exact thing about him before yesterday's game and that didn't stop him from putting up over 200 yards. :rock:

To be fair, people have been calling for his head for rushing too many players and now we claim he doesn't rush enough.

He probably didn't want to leave our corners on islands by blitzing against Brees like we did against Eli. It backfired, but our secondary and pass rush sucks so it will be hard to make it work either way. Hopefully the return of Bowers fixes things. But the secondary needs a complete overhaul.

This is Drew Brees though. You have to gameplan differently for different QB's. Drew Brees is ELITE. If you give him all day to throw, he will pick apart your defense like he did with ours. You have to throw him different looks or he's going to throw all over you.

I am fine with rushing 3 against guys like Cam Newton and Brady Quinn.

This is Drew Brees though. You have to gameplan differently for different QB's. Drew Brees is ELITE. If you give him all day to throw, he will pick apart your defense like he did with ours. You have to throw him different looks or he's going to throw all over you.

I am fine with rushing 3 against guys like Cam Newton and Brady Quinn.

Eli is elite, we kept blitzing and that didn't work either. Sometimes, nothing will work with the personel you have. The defense needs to continue being retooled.

Eli is elite, we kept blitzing and that didn't work either. Sometimes, nothing will work with the personel you have. The defense needs to continue being retooled.

Whatever we played for the 1st 3 quarters of that game worked. There was no reason to switch it up because time was running down.

And I agree that our defense still needs to be built, but it can be better than it is playing.

And LeQuan Lewis is gone already lol. We released him to make room for Bowers who we just activated for tonight's game. :yep:

Will he play tonight?

Yep.

@TBBuccaneers: The Bucs have just activated DE Da'Quan Bowers from the PUP list. He should play tonight against the Vikings.

Yep.

That's great news. Hopefully it helps our D-Line out, they weren't good rushing Drew Brees.

@greggrosenthal No team has beaten Bucs by 2 scores all year. Competitive every week. Would be a playoff contender ... in AFC.

Bucs claim CB Danny Gorrer off waivers from Seattle. Was with Baltimore last year. 2 stints with New Orleans. UDFA out of Texas A&M.

Now with Talib officially done in Tampa, it is obvious CB has to be adressed in the offseason. It should've been this past offseason when everyone knew we had problems, and signing Eric Wright was not adressing anything.

Leonard Johnson better start ballin. This is also means Myron Lewis is going no where :(.

Leonard Johnson with a pick today. Doug Martin is amazing.

No Carl Nicks, no Davin Joseph, Doug Martin still amazing.

Secondary HAS to be our main need this off-season. We should draft AT LEAST 2 corners with our first four picks, IMO.

Leonard Johnson with a pick today. Doug Martin is amazing.

No Carl Nicks, no Davin Joseph, Doug Martin still amazing.

Leonard played well today. They tried to pick on him on several occasions and he held his own. Then they realized Biggers was the one to pick on and burned us over and over again.

Secondary is most definitely our biggest hole. We'll also need some work on both lines, mostly depth.

However, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We've got a good thing going.