Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2012 Buccaneers season thread

I agree with you Kila, we got something good going on, just need to keep it up.

Halfway through the season, our projected stats.

Josh Freeman: 4094 yards, 32 TDs, 10 INTs

Doug Martin: 1588 yards, 14 TDs

LeGarrette Blount: 242 yards, 4 TDs

Vincent Jackson: 62 catches, 1420 yards, 12 TDs

Mike Williams: 58 catches, 1008 yards, 10 TDs

Doug Martin: 40 catchs, 490 yards, 2 TDs

Dallas Clark: 38 catches, 388 yards, 2 TDs

Tiquan Underwood: 24 catches, 376 yards, 2 TDs

Some pretty awesome looking numbers if it turns out anything like this.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to our o-line coach, Bob Bostad, and our o-line. These guys have been playing great, even with Nicks and Joseph down. Penn is the only guy who is still at the position he was in week 1 and Bostad has done an excellent job with this unit. Guys I bashed early on in the year like Meredith and Larsen are playing well, and Dotson has done excellent job taking over Trueblood's spot, although I expected that after watching him in the pre-season

Also, props to Lavaonte David. He may be our best rookie. Dude has been playing out of his mind. He's our best tackler and I think ranks 3rd in TFL.

It's a good time to be a Bucs fan. The future is bright, my friends. :rock::Bucs:

Edited by MuscleHamster22

Quincy blacks career may be finished according to recent reports.

Wow, where'd you hear that? I thought Schiano said he was OK yesterday? That would be awful if that ended his career. I know he may not be a fan favorite for us Bucs fans, but this would still be awful news.

Schiano said he was okay, but has nerve damage and no feeling in his left arm

Bucs placed SLB Quincy Black (neck) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Black was hospitalized and suffered complications with his left arm. The injury is not believed to be career-threatening, but the Bucs obviously believed it will be awhile before he returns to form. Black was Tampa Bay's least effective starting linebacker through nine games, playing less than half the snaps of rookie Lavonte David. He will be in the third year of a five-year contract in 2013.

Time to step it up, Dekota Watson & Adam Hayward. Hopefully Mason Foster & Lavonte David can take the load off their back.

I'm excited that Dekota Watson is going to get a real good chance at showing what he can do at LB. I really like the kid, he can get after the QB too.

Congrats on Martin for hitting 1,000 yards (exactly 1,000 yards according to NFL.com) for the first time in his 1-year career. :D

Congrats on Martin for hitting 1,000 yards (exactly 1,000 yards according to NFL.com) for the first time in his 1-year career. :D

Yep, I am pretty sure he also leads all RB's in total yards from schrimage.

Doug Martin is going to be great in this league.

He leads the whole league in yards from scrimmage I'm pretty sure.

Our chances at the playoffs aren't looking too good after we lost and the Seahawks won today...

Obviously, we still have a shot, but we'd probably need to win out and even then, that wouldn't guarantee it. It's gonna be very tough...

With that being said, what is our biggest need this off-season? Pass Rusher or CB?

Our chances at the playoffs aren't looking too good after we lost and the Seahawks won today...

Obviously, we still have a shot, but we'd probably need to win out and even then, that wouldn't guarantee it. It's gonna be very tough...

With that being said, what is our biggest need this off-season? Pass Rusher or CB?

CB, but both need to be adressed.

Our season has gone down the toliet pretty quickly, but going into a meaningless last game there is some things to keep an eye on.

-With 157 passing yards, Josh Freeman will become the first ever Bucs QB to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. He already broke the record for most passing yards in a season in franchise history, which was previously held by Brad Johnson in 2003.

-If he throws one TD pass, he'll break Johnson's 2003 record for TD passes in a season at 27. One more TD pass would also give him 78 on his career, which would pass Vinny Testaverde for number one in franchise history.

-Doug Martin would need 233 yards Sunday to pass James Wilder's 1984 record for rushing yards in a season. Unlikely, but not impossible.

-With 89 more receiving yards, Vincent Jackson will break Mark Carrier's 1989 record for receiving yards in a season in franchise history.

-Mike Williams needs 69 more receiving yards to have his first career 1,000 yard season. If Williams were to reach this mark, he and Jackson would be the first duo of receivers to have 1,000 yard seasons in the same year in franchise history. He would also join the short list of players to have 1,000 yard receiving seasons in franchise history that includes Mark Carrier, Vincent Jackson, Joey Galloway, Keyshawn Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Michael Clayton, Kevin House, Keenan McCardell and Bruce Hill.

Yea, the offense has done some special things this year. Imagine it next year when Nicks and Joseph are healthy and we possibly add another weapon through the draft or FA.

Hilarious that most Bucs fans think Freeman sucks now.

Sounds like Ron Cooper is on the way out, hopefully it doesn't stop there.

That is 3 position coaches to replace then, since Ron Turner and P.J. Fleck left for college HC gigs. I expect John McNulty to end up on the staff, likely as WR coach.

Hopefully John McNulty is a better WR coach then QB coach.

What makes you say McNulty is a bad QB coach?

I'd say the problem in Arizona was that the QBs were absolute trash and had no business even being in the league as backups much less starters...except MAYBE Kolb...

But I agree that regardless of position, McNulty, will be on the staff...

Could say the same for Cooper, he had nothing to work with here. Regardless, Skelton regressed this year in Arizona.

Could say the same for Cooper, he had nothing to work with here. Regardless, Skelton regressed this year in Arizona.

Before their suspensions, the aderall twins looked like crap too...

I included Wright in that. Talib was traded to fast to make a real judgement.

My guess is McNulty would come on as a WR coach anyways because that is what he has the most experience with. He was pretty much given the QB coach job with the Cardinals as a BS promotion to keep him happy after blocking him from being our OC last year.

I'm (semi) interested in seeing who Schiano hires to fill out the staff, but I'm guessing they'll wait for the Senior Bowl. I half-hope we fire Sheridan, but it doesn't sound like that will happen.

V-Jax is in the Pro Bowl, replacing Megatron who won't play with an injury. If the 49ers win on Sunday, Doug Martin and Ronde Barber will join him and Gerald McCoy.