Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2012 Buccaneers season thread

Well, through 3 games, we are at 1-2, which is what I expected. Defense is playing great and has shocked me but the offense has been a big disappointment.

Our D is legit when we have a healthy McCoy. He might be the best DT in the NFL.

The offense is a damn joke though.

Ira Kaufman ‏@IKaufmanTrib<br style="line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(220, 220, 220); ">When Michael Bennett started talking about Adrian Clayborn's right knee injury, his eyes started tearing up. It doesn't sound promising

Not looking good for Clayborn. :(

We need to sign Andre Carter. He had double digit sacks last year and it is worth the gamble. I mean, we're looking at starting Daniel Te'o-Nesheim at DE lol.

Cut Lewis, sign Carter.

Yes please to Andre Carter. A trusted, proven vet.

It will be interesting to see who we bring in.

Also, ummm...lolwut? @ Merriman?

No...just no....

Captain McCoy Elaborates On His “Requests”

Let me tell you something about this coaching staff and the guys upstairs. The reason I love them so much is that, you know, they welcome us with open arms, and everybody’s door is open whenever we need them. We’re allowed to go up there and make requests and talk to them about things. And me being the captain, and being a defensive linemen. I just to coach and made a few requests and sat down and talked to him about things and we discussed what we discussed. And he set up a gameplan and it worked for us.” — Gerald McCoy on asking for changes to defensive playcalling before the Bucs-Cowboys game.

Earlier today, Joe brought you McCoy’s quote to his hometown newspaper, The Oklahoman, explaining that he wanted the Bucs to drop the defensive line stunts and play a more direct style against Dallas. McCoy said he asked coaches to make a change last week and they did.

The quote above in italics is McCoy elaborating on the topic today at One Buc Palace.

Frankly, Joe’s most impressed that the New Schiano Order obviously had great communication with McCoy and valued his input. That runs contrary to the view floated by many that Greg Schiano is a near psychotic control freak who wouldn’t kindly accept these kinds of demands from a young player, or any player.

Now Joe wonders who on the Bucs offense might take this kind of leadership role in preparation for the Redskins. Joe suspects there are a few who could call a better game than Mike Sullivan did Sunday.

Article Here: http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=74387

Nice to hear.

Definitely sounds like something a stubborn, hardass bully head coach would do...

/sarcasm

McCoy is a beast. He has really emerged as the leader of our D. If he can just stay healthy, we have an ALL PRO DT for a LONG time. This dude makes such a big impact on our defense.

@FredTheGur:

btw #bucnation, if you put stock in PFF's player grades, Gerald McCoy is the highest-graded DT so far this season. So there's that.

Bucs signed some scrub DE that use to play for the Saints. Jeff Charleston. Guy has 8 career sacks..

We could've signed Andre Carter, but of course Dumpster Diving Dom signs some fool I've never heard of.

Lol Andre Carter has worked out for a ton of teams. Still unsigned.

That's pretty damn telling to me...

There aren't any damn great option out there. Let's be realistic here and not PR. Lol

The guy we picked up is a high motor physical guy. Similar to the type of player Clayborn is...

He's a bank up anyway.

Why did it take this long for playing time to increase, he was playing better tha n Martin against the Cowboys.

I really don't understand why Blount has gotten such few touches. I was excited about a two headed attack this season yet were contempt to give the entire work load to Martin. I'm very satisfied with Martin and think he deserves the starting job but we need to let Blount loose on defenses and wear them out.

Here's a great breakdown by former Buc, Steve White, of what is up with our offense (from the Cowboys game) and most of all...Freeman...

http://potg2.blogspot.com/2012/09/quick-all-22-post_25.html

He illustrates it very well with still shots from coaches tape.

It drives me even more batshit crazy looking at this and seeing WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN if Freeman was just a pretty good QB. Other little decisions that other players made that could have been huge had they done the other.

:censored:

I've said it before, but if you don't follow Steve White on Twitter (@sgw94) then I suggest you do. Easily one of the best follows I've made, if not the best. Breaks stuff down after Sundays (like above) and also tweets during games.

Really good stuff.

Wow, that was really good breakdown of our offense. Definitely disappointed in Freeman. He's got to see these favorable coverage's and take advantage of them.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8339:&Itemid=15

Bucs/Skins game will be blacked out. lol at our fanbase.

It shouldn't surprise anyone, people aren't going to a lot of money to see Doug Martin get stuffed up the middle all day while Freeman throws ducks at Vincent Jackson's feet.

You guys are kidding, right?

Defense playing really well. HUUUUGE improvement over last year. The offense has the talent. All they have to do is EXECUTE like they need to. Put it all together so to speak. Freeman just has to be a little bit better. With the way the defense has played so far, that's all he has to be is a LITTLE bit better.

We are seeing big improvement over the cluster and embarrassment that we saw last year.

Doug Martin could use some better blocking (back to executing and doing YOUR JOB) and it seems that they will finally start to get Blount going more. If we can get that one-two punch going...man...

Lots to be excited and happy about as a Bucs fan.

Win or lose, I'll be there supporting them.

Milla man...you're starting to sound more and more like those PR trolls that you make fun of...

If Freeman cannot turn it around by the end of the season then we'll no doubt be looking for a new QB. Nothing can be done about it now. lol

I'm excited for the team. If I lived in Tampa, I'd try to be at the Ray Jay every Sunday. The defense has made a 360 turn IMO. The only reason they have given up the yards they have this season and aren't ranked as high as they should is because the offense is putting them back on the field too quickly.

What I am not liking from the Bucs is the play of Freeman (which I said would be the reason we would succeed or fail this year) and the offensive play calling. I was never a fan of the Freeman pick but said I would support him as a Bucs fan and of course wanted nothing but to be proven wrong about him. Was excited after his rookie season, hopeful after his sophomore slump. But now...I'm losing faith quickly in him. Hes got weapons man. Hes got a great running game. Hes got a great oline. Hes got everything a young, franchise QB can only dream of yet he isn't performing.

I'm excited for the team. If I lived in Tampa, I'd try to be at the Ray Jay every Sunday. The defense has made a 360 turn IMO. The only reason they have given up the yards they have this season and aren't ranked as high as they should is because the offense is putting them back on the field too quickly.

What I am not liking from the Bucs is the play of Freeman (which I said would be the reason we would succeed or fail this year) and the offensive play calling. I was never a fan of the Freeman pick but said I would support him as a Bucs fan and of course wanted nothing but to be proven wrong about him. Was excited after his rookie season, hopeful after his sophomore slump. But now...I'm losing faith quickly in him. Hes got weapons man. Hes got a great running game. Hes got a great oline. Hes got everything a young, franchise QB can only dream of yet he isn't performing.

Agreed.

He's got 13 more games to show improvement. We'll see.