Guest Phailadelphia

e-SIM

Guest Phailadelphia

I just found this today so I'm still learning how exactly everything works but the concept is pretty awesome: It's a browser-based politics/economy/warfare game. You sign up and join a country (usually your own). You work, train, and fight daily to increase level, strength, employable skills, and income.

Economy: The game works somewhat like the real world. There's a free market economy (including a job market, product market, and money market) allowing you several methods from which you can make money. After you've gained a few levels and gathered some gold you can even create your own company and employ other players. There's a money market where you can trade currency for gold and vice versa, an easy way to make money if you know what you're doing. In the job market you find a job (duh), and in the product market you can buy food (replenishes health so you can fight, work, or train more), weapons to increase fight damage, raw materials if you own a manufacturing company, etc, etc.

Politics: The game has democratic governments for every country. Congressman, the President, etc. are all elected by the players of the game. So the game contains some real campaigning by players usually by newspaper or by forum (there's a forum and IRC channel independent of the game itself many players use as a platform for politics, economy, etc.) to get noticed or elected. Congress and the President can levy taxes and begin wars with other countries over land and other policies.

Warfare: As described above, you can fight for your country in this game as the government leadership begins its own wars or aids its allies in others. Fighting increases your military rank and gives you XP so your character can level up. If a country encroaches on a country in war and wins, they can take that country's land. As you can imagine, the maps in this game don't look like a real world map for this reason.

Anyway, that's a somewhat quick description of the workings of the game. I think it's fun and I'm looking forward to manipulating the various markets in the economy to make money and the political and warfare side is pretty cool too. I'm posted this here because there are a few posters here that I think might enjoy the game.

Btw, if you do sign up I'd appreciate it if you put my name (7aylor) in the referral box on the registration screen. It gives us both a gold bonus if you do. I'm on the new server by the way. Its on Day 16 right now.

http://secura.e-sim.org/index.html

Edited by Phailadelphia

Reminds me of NationStates, except more complicated and more to do. Anyway, I joined.

More of ya'll need to join, so we can liberate the USA from Lithuania.

>_> Canadian domination incoming.

• Upvote 1

Signed up. Australia gon' win. We have armies of spiders, scorpions, snakes and kangaroos :yep:

Where are all of our Americans? We need help in the Gulf of Mexico!

We should make a military unit. :think:

EDIT: How do we obtain gold? I need it to form the Tits and Ass Party.

Edited by Vikingfan465

You can buy gold with your countries currency. And these wars int he gulf of mexico are dumb. No resources, and they are all started by Lithuanians. Dumb. Vin needs to run for Congress or something.

I'm still confused as to why people thought it would be cool to invade the US with Lithuania.

EDIT: Wait... I have to buy gold with RL money? Fuck that, lol.

Edited by Vikingfan465

You can buy it with real money, or you can buy or exchange for it with in-game currency. You also receive gold for leveling up and for achieving certain criteria in battles.

Lack of quality leadership is why the USA is currently occupied. People get elected and then either do nothing or disappear for periods of time. As for me, it's too much of a pain to campaign and come up with presentations.

Edited by Vin

And from what I've seen you get tossed to the side if you don't have "legitimate" plans or reputation among the long-time players. I won't campaign for shit simply because there's probably no hope and it'd be a tremendous waste of time.

Get off the losing side and join Canada. We've already got a foothold in Ireland.

Just needed to post this again.

• Upvote 1

Join up right now and help liberate America from the tyrannical Lithuanians.