Vin

Broncos @ Falcons

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

The officiating was pretty terrible, but not a person who watched the game could take the win away from the Falcons last night. That was a great defensive showing.

I couldn't believe the free-range that Nolan was allowing the players pre-snap, that was awesome! As it was said, these guys can only get better from here as they mesh together and understand what Nolan is trying to do as the season goes on. Despite Grimes being out, our secondary played phenomenal. William Moore and Thomas Decoud are coming into their own (both in 3rd season) and they keep on getting better every week. I've never seen a Falcons defense move like the guys were moving last night. Mike Nolan is an absolute mastermind. We would have never won a game of that caliber with Peyton Manning charging at the end of the game under BVG.

If Peyton gets the ball back, we might have had a different story. He looked like he had finally figured out that defense.

But no, the officials didn't give the game to Atlanta, unless that fumble should have gone the other way, there isn't even an argument to be made. But you have to think he just went under the pile and the first thing he saw was a Falcon with the football, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

They were still god-awful both ways, and just with how long they were taking.

I don't know about Peyton Manning figuring out the defense. There wasn't really much to figure out, the blitzes were coming in so random, and the coverage was moving all over the place before the snap. The guys were rushing the line, but Nolan gave them free range of where they wanted to come from which is what was allowing them to move around like that and confuse Peyton. It was basically the same thing that the Dolphins did last season.

There were a lot of questionable calls regarding defensive holding/pass interference, but thankfully none came at such a crucial time that they dictated the outcome of the game. I don't think anybody can say the Falcons didn't deserve to win, because they did. But both teams certainly deserved better officiating.

Meanwhile the real refs sit at home, for who knows what reason... Perhaps they're the referees the NFL deserves, but the ones it needs right now.

Surprisingly, the game was still a one possession game after 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter. Broncos defense kept it close. Peyton lost that game for his ball club and the Falcons defense did a great job with their disguised zone coverages giving Peyton different looks. On another note, the officiating was horrible in this game. Games are lasting and some horrible, horrible calls. I'm seeing more and more phantom pass interference calls every week. :ninja:

I witnessed one of the most interesting games of my life last night in the Georgia Dome directly behind the Broncos bench. 3 rows back....

First off, the refs are beyond god awful...in terms of who got raped harder in the replacement ref call department is was the Broncos beyond the shadow of a doubt. However...that did not decide the game for them.

We started off great...our defense...just wow. Mike Nolan is a mastermind. Great gameplanning to disguise coverage all game long and keep peyton confused. I can honestly say...this is the only game in the past many years where the Falcons DEFENSE won the game for us. Without that effort last night...we would've been destroyed.

William Moore...his coming out party was last night...flying everywhere around the field. I am so glad he's healthy. Anyway, it was a great game until the very end. Was almost going to shit my pants if Peyton got the ball back.

Falcons win without Brent Grimes..

:Broncos: 23

:Falcons: 27

Pretty close prediction

Anytime you throw 3 picks, you're almost guaranteed to lose a game. I think the odds of winning in that situation is 20% and that usually only happens when the other team throws just as many. Ryan was on the top of his game, and did well against a tough defense. I come off impressed at his quick strike offense, and how easily he picked apart our weaknesses.