Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Next Man Up!

Which injury has the most impact for their team: Ray Lewis out for the Baltimore Ravens, Brian Cushing for the Houston Texans, or Darrelle Revis for the New York Jets?

It's close between Cushing and Revis but I think Cushing is more valueble. He is a beast in the run defense game and is also very good in covering the backs and TEs. The Texans D will take a slight dip without Cushing.

Its Cushing IMO. Revis is great, but the Jets defense always manages to put out a pretty good pass defense regardless of circumstances. But Cushing being a leader, and one of the men in the middle imo has a bigger impact.

Revis, Jets, no question.

Lewis is not as good as he used to be, though he is still good. That Ravens defense was already a lot poorer than normal.

The Texans D can pick up the slack a lot better than the Jets can. Cushing's injury hurts, and badly, but not as bad as Revis. The Jets gameplan was around Revis being able to take someone out of the equation.

I can't believe this is a question that's not unanimous. Didnt we as a group acknowledge Revis as one of the best players in the NFL right now - I thought he was close to 1 if not 1.

Cushing is definitely a lost, Ray Lewis is a loss from a leadership standpoint but no Revis is huge. It affects everything they do with their coverage schemes.

• Upvote 1

To me it's a lot closer than what you guys seem to think.

Ray Lewis is on the decline imo, and while still good he's not as much of an impact so he's definitely not the most devestating injury.

It's close between Revis and Cushing and I'll tell you why..

Prior to Sunday Night's game against Green Bay I would have said Revis no doubt... but watching our pitiful offensive line and pitiful running game seemingly run the ball for 5 or 6 yards a pop against the undoubtedly #1 defense in the NFL made me really reconsider Cushing's impact on that D. If he was playing and healthy, would we have even been able to run the ball? I have no doubt in my mind the fact that we had success running was part of the reason our offense seemed to move the ball with almost no opposition. Would Cushing have made the difference between winning and losing, probably not because their D wasn't the only issue they had that night...but would he have made a major difference in our ability to throttle their collective necks throughout that game.

In short, I'd say Revis because the Jets D + Revis = Playoff defense and without him they aren't, but the Texans D even without Cushing is still a menacing D that can get shit done in the postseason.

Revis loss is the biggest. He was capable of shutting down 1 whole side of the field, you can't find many players that can do that. Cushing is great, but I think the D will be fine without him. But I seriously hope Ruud never sees the field for them, he blows.

Lewis shouldn't even be considered. They're actually better without him (last year they went 4-0 without him, and coincidentally had 4 of their best defensive performances of the year.) Lewis just needs to become a coach and be real with himself. He'll kill as a coach, perfect motivator.

It's still Revis, but after that showing last Sunday, Cushing is right up there. The Packers running on the Texans? Whaaaa?? Could be a one game fluke, we'll see against a good offense with Baltimore, if Rice and Co. are running all over them and the Ravens are eating off the Texans in the flats we'll know Cushing's loss was that much more than we thought prior.