housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Nice, As you know I have a thing for Bay Area teams. :D

Even though I may not 'follow' some of the others, still like them.

Cavs need a bench badly. CJ Miles is all we have. I'd like to draft/sign a Forward and let Gee go back to be the 6th man which he was solid at.

My wishlist right now is

Shabazz Muhammad

Nerlens Noel

Nice, As you know I have a thing for Bay Area teams. :D

Even though I may not 'follow' some of the others, still like them.

GSW and Rip City are the only western conference teams I ever root for to do well. Lol.

GSW and Rip City are the only western conference teams I ever root for to do well. Lol.

Portland's not bad.

The Dallas Mavericks will waive Derek Fisher, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

"In Tuesday's game against Philadelphia, I suffered an injury to my patellar tendon," Fisher said. "With this news and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home." We may have seen the last of Derek Fisher in the NBA and his buzzer-beating shot with 0.4 seconds left vs. the Spurs in 2004 is one of the most memorable moments in NBA history. Darren Collison should be able to maintain his starting gig.

Source: Marc Stein on Twitter

The sad truth about Darren Collison is that he couldn't maintain his starting job after Derek Fisher (at this age) was signed. Dallas is in the hurt bag at point.

@LakersReporter

Official: @SteveNash will start tonight at Golden State.

Well I know what I'll be trying to watch at the bar tonight. :rock:

Grizz continue to struggle in Houston.

The amount of great basketball today makes me very happy. Hopefully we do something in Brooklyn.

Sullinger was great tonight. I expect this kind of performances from him in the future.

Sullinger was great tonight. I expect this kind of performances from him in the future.

Love me some Sullinger. glad to see him having some success so far.

Love me some Jar Sull, he just needs to minimize the fouls.

Well we know one thing for sure; the Thunder will never be able to beat the Heat consistently until the refs quit choking on the Heat's dicks

And before anyone says, "b-b-but the Heat got called for about the same amount of fouls!!!!", try watching a game and see how often the Heat absolutely MAUL people when they're driving down the lane and they rarely get called for it. Haslem was on the ground and grabbed Westbrook's feet and made him do a faceplant...no call. The Thunder get a fastbreak shot and get their arms grabbed on three separate occasions...no call. It's hard to sit through.

Guest Phailadelphia

Of course the foul isn't called on Westbrook on that three point attempt...

2 things on Miami/OKC

-Agree with Zack, tenfold. I'm not saying that strictly as "I agree with him," but more that you should agree with him. That game was officiated terribly. Cheap fouls on Durant that kept him out of a good portion of the second quarter, the maulings that Zack pointed out whereas OKC can't get away with anything. It's just flat out bad.

-What on God's green earth was Scott Brooks doing having Serge Ibaka try to defend LeBron? Are you fucking kidding me? Ibaka is a great shot blocker, not a great defender. Thabo Sefalosha is a great defender, Durant has the speed to at least give LeBron a run if Kevin decides to focus on the defensive end. Ibaka should be under the freaking basket. It's as simple as that. You don't take your best rim protector away from the hoop by putting him on a wing player. Scott Brooks has done nothing less than a commendable job with OKC, but by God if he doesn't make some dumbass decisions here and there.

Several points about Houston/Chicago

-Omer Asik deserves to be in the MIP discussion, and perhaps leading the pack. He has been twice the player anybody thought he would be overall and miles better on offense than anybody could have predicted. Houston, we have a center.

-Marcus Morris should stay with the #1 unit. He's more consistent, that way. He won't shoot well every night, but he'll become more consistent with these opportunities. Patrick can come off the bench.

-Houston has begun to run the offense through Jeremy Lin more often, and it's paying off. Harden can move without the ball. Lin is a real PG, and it shows when he's the primary ball handler.

-Parsons might be getting healthy. He finally had a decent post-injury shooting night. He's already the second best starting #3 in the Southwest and, as an overall player, he could eventually bypass Rudy Gay (I'm talking in a couple of years, obviously. Not now) if he can keep producing 18-22 PPG. (which he was prior to his shoulder injury). I realize this will look like a far-fetched claim, but as a fan who watches both Houston and Memphis quite often, I feel like Chandler Parsons is far from his ceiling. Gay is as good as he'll ever be.

-Thibs is easily a top NBA coach. This Chicago team should be below .500. They are baaadddd.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

I'm not a big gay guy.

:D

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big gay guy.

:D

Yeah, he's like Danny Granger. Fans of the team might wear rose colored glasses to keep their hopes up but we know they aren't legit superstars.

I honestly don't know if I want to waste my time ever watching another Thunder/Heat game, because all of them recently have turned out like tonight's game. I generally think that the referees in the NBA are terrible, but these Heat matchups take it to another thirty levels. This game and two or three of the Finals games last year were completely decided by the refs (argue if you want, but Game 2 is not debatable).

I honestly don't know if I want to waste my time ever watching another Thunder/Heat game, because all of them recently have turned out like tonight's game. I generally think that the referees in the NBA are terrible, but these Heat matchups take it to another thirty levels. This game and two or three of the Finals games last year were completely decided by the refs (argue if you want, but Game 2 is not debatable).

The Heat are the NBA's darlings, you cant expect to not have the refs against you.

Also make it 5 straight for the Lakers. Fuck NY.