housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

I just realized that Lindsey Hunter is the interim coach for the Suns... He's out here making moves. He isn't the answer but I'm cheering for him to succeed and do well. For obvious reasons...

He was a finalist for the Magic job, I think he can be a good coach. But the Suns' roster needs a lot of help.

As the Rockets and Wolves have been struggling and Detroit has started playing better, I've been keeping track of Lawrence Franks ridiculous rotations. I'm getting really tired of seeing twenty minutes next to Andre Drummond's name when he should be playing thirty, and zero minutes next to Jonas Jerebko's name when he should be playing 25.

Jason Maxiell needs to see the bench. The end of the bench. He's solid, but he's older than these two young kids who just have higher upsides and need the damn minutes.

Detroit's players are showing up more often, not the coach. The coach is still a problem. Frank needs to go. The starting 5 should honestly be: C Drummond, PF Monroe, SF Singer, SG Stuckey, and PG Knight. Bring Jerebko, Bynum, Villenueva, and Daye off the bench every night and try to work Kim English in there as a shooter. This is not that difficult, Lawrence Frank. Get your shit together.

And yes, I purposefully left Tayshaun off of this list because he should have retired or been traded. He should be nowhere in Detroit's plans, moving forward. He is a replica of a long lost team that was lucky to win one title (not that they weren't that good, but their will and determination overcame serious weaknesses like size) and just wasn't good enough after that year. Tay was overrated back in the day and his contract is atrocious. Ditch him.

Edited by BwareDWare94

He was a finalist for the Magic job, I think he can be a good coach. But the Suns' roster needs a lot of help.

It depends how he gets these guys to respond. I, too, really couldn't believe Hunter got the job. He only retired a couple of years ago didn't he? Crazy. I figured one of the older, more experienced bench coaches would have gotten the job in the interim at least and then maybe give Hunter the shot to interview in the offseason.

He's a developmental guy though (hunter, that is) and the Suns need that desperately.

He also won his debut against the Kings. I know they aren't all that good, and they turned the ball over A LOT. But it's nice to look fairly competent especially with the brutal schedule we have coming up.

The last 20 games or so, Gentry had asked Dragic to score more.. Which is beyond dumb. He is capable, absolutely.. But I want him commanding the offense and facilitating more than scoring. He finished with 12 pts and 11 assists tonight. I will take that over 20 and 5 any day. Get these other guys involved and scoring the basketball.

I still kind sorta like the roster. And if Lindsey Hunter can get Beasley to play up to his potential, it alone would be worth firing Gentry for. He had one of his best games as Sun tonight shooting 53%, scoring 19 and adding 6 boards coming off the bench.

Luke Zeller and Wesley Johnson need to pack their bags and go. I'd like to get Shannon Brown some more minutes, and Telfair might be on the way out too (hopefully).

We also need a willing and capable SG. Dudley is average at best, but I think we can work with him because he gives it 110% every time he is on the court. PJ Tucker has been meh in limited minutes but he is better suited coming off the bench, IMO.

I like Hunter, I like his demeanor... obviously that he was a former player and very recently. The Suns need to do better in the draft and then developing those draft picks into decent players at least. With a couple of picks from the Lakers fro Steve Nash, better timing could not present itself.

Look at Earl Clark out in LA. We drafted that kid a couple years ago. He looked bad for a season or two and we just dumped him. Granted, he did look pretty awful in the D League.. but we made no real attempt to reach out to him and improve his game. We ship him off to Orlando shortly therafter.. And now that he is getting more than 8 minutes on the court, he is racking in the double doubles for LA.

Anyway. I still think this roster has some talent. Call me crazy being that we are the worst team in the conference... lol. But I still believe, even if this season is lost.

Michael Beasley will be the X Factor. If he reverts back to his lazy shit self, the roster is gonna need some real tweaking. If he can play like he did tonight.... Only some minor moves need to be made with the bench.

Guest Phailadelphia

Every OKC player looked exhausted tonight.

Every OKC player looked exhausted tonight.

Let's be fair. Golden State is the best team in California, and they will be legitimate contenders if they can eventually get Bogut back.

Lee, Landry, and Bogut? Goddamn.

Let's be fair. Golden State is the best team in California, and they will be legitimate contenders if they can eventually get Bogut back.

Clippers are the better team and it won't be close come playoff time. They play better D, they have a ton of depth and experience. Warriors are going to get rocked in the playoffs.

Edited by Bucman

Clippers are the better team and it won't be close come playoff time. They play better D, they have a ton of depth and experience.

Depth isn't as important in the playoffs as it is in the Regular Season.

Warriors are going to be a nightmare in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

How many teams have a 1-2 punch off the bench as good as Jack and Landry? That's my question. Not very many.

As the Rockets and Wolves have been struggling and Detroit has started playing better, I've been keeping track of Lawrence Franks ridiculous rotations. I'm getting really tired of seeing twenty minutes next to Andre Drummond's name when he should be playing thirty, and zero minutes next to Jonas Jerebko's name when he should be playing 25.

Jason Maxiell needs to see the bench. The end of the bench. He's solid, but he's older than these two young kids who just have higher upsides and need the damn minutes.

Detroit's players are showing up more often, not the coach. The coach is still a problem. Frank needs to go. The starting 5 should honestly be: C Drummond, PF Monroe, SF Singer, SG Stuckey, and PG Knight. Bring Jerebko, Bynum, Villenueva, and Daye off the bench every night and try to work Kim English in there as a shooter. This is not that difficult, Lawrence Frank. Get your shit together.

And yes, I purposefully left Tayshaun off of this list because he should have retired or been traded. He should be nowhere in Detroit's plans, moving forward. He is a replica of a long lost team that was lucky to win one title (not that they weren't that good, but their will and determination overcame serious weaknesses like size) and just wasn't good enough after that year. Tay was overrated back in the day and his contract is atrocious. Ditch him.

IDK wtf is wrong with Frank. At this point me and numerous Pistons fans have come to the conclusion that Maxiel is in the MAFIA, and they have Frank on a leach making him start Maxiel so he can look good in front of whoever picks his bum ass. >_>

It depends how he gets these guys to respond. I, too, really couldn't believe Hunter got the job. He only retired a couple of years ago didn't he? Crazy. I figured one of the older, more experienced bench coaches would have gotten the job in the interim at least and then maybe give Hunter the shot to interview in the offseason.

He's a developmental guy though (hunter, that is) and the Suns need that desperately.

He also won his debut against the Kings. I know they aren't all that good, and they turned the ball over A LOT. But it's nice to look fairly competent especially with the brutal schedule we have coming up.

The last 20 games or so, Gentry had asked Dragic to score more.. Which is beyond dumb. He is capable, absolutely.. But I want him commanding the offense and facilitating more than scoring. He finished with 12 pts and 11 assists tonight. I will take that over 20 and 5 any day. Get these other guys involved and scoring the basketball.

I still kind sorta like the roster. And if Lindsey Hunter can get Beasley to play up to his potential, it alone would be worth firing Gentry for. He had one of his best games as Sun tonight shooting 53%, scoring 19 and adding 6 boards coming off the bench.

Luke Zeller and Wesley Johnson need to pack their bags and go. I'd like to get Shannon Brown some more minutes, and Telfair might be on the way out too (hopefully).

We also need a willing and capable SG. Dudley is average at best, but I think we can work with him because he gives it 110% every time he is on the court. PJ Tucker has been meh in limited minutes but he is better suited coming off the bench, IMO.

I like Hunter, I like his demeanor... obviously that he was a former player and very recently. The Suns need to do better in the draft and then developing those draft picks into decent players at least. With a couple of picks from the Lakers fro Steve Nash, better timing could not present itself.

Look at Earl Clark out in LA. We drafted that kid a couple years ago. He looked bad for a season or two and we just dumped him. Granted, he did look pretty awful in the D League.. but we made no real attempt to reach out to him and improve his game. We ship him off to Orlando shortly therafter.. And now that he is getting more than 8 minutes on the court, he is racking in the double doubles for LA.

Anyway. I still think this roster has some talent. Call me crazy being that we are the worst team in the conference... lol. But I still believe, even if this season is lost.

Michael Beasley will be the X Factor. If he reverts back to his lazy shit self, the roster is gonna need some real tweaking. If he can play like he did tonight.... Only some minor moves need to be made with the bench.

That probably means you'd be playing for a playoff spot if you were in the East. :p

Guest Phailadelphia

No, the Clippers are most definitely a better team. And I'll believe in GSW when they consistently beat top tier teams. They beat OKC last night, I'll give them that, but Westbrook usually massacres Steph Curry's defense and does not often score 10 points. I wouldn't expect that to happen again.

Kobe Bryant with 14 assists. Where dey do dat at??

BUT HE NEVER PASSES TEH BALLZ!!!

66 assists away from passing MJ, Kareem, and Larry.

It was nice to see the team finally win, especially against a team they're chasing right now. Obviously they need to do this on a consistent basis to have any shot at the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

No, the Clippers are most definitely a better team. And I'll believe in GSW when they consistently beat top tier teams. They beat OKC last night, I'll give them that, but Westbrook usually massacres Steph Curry's defense and does not often score 10 points. I wouldn't expect that to happen again.

Haven't they beaten the Clippers three times?

And they've been beating top tier teams all year.

3/4 yes. One time without Chris Paul.

And if we're going to mention how they beat the Clippers it should've probably be mentioned that they've played the Lakers twice and fell both times...

Except the Spurs ;)

The Warriors aren't a team built for the regular season. They are specifically structured to be a disruptive playoff team. If they get hot, I think they can win a series against any team in the conference. Staying hot enough to do that is the problem, though.

Except the Spurs ;)

The Warriors aren't a team built for the regular season. They are specifically structured to be a disruptive playoff team. If they get hot, I think they can win a series against any team in the conference. Staying hot enough to do that is the problem, though.

And if they can somehow get home court for a series. Watch out. Oracle is a nightmare.

KYRIE!!!!!!!!! :rock:

Speights has been good the past 2 games for us. We added some depth to our dog shit bench, could turn out really good for us.

• Upvote 1

Batum with his second triple double of the season! Big ballin is his hoby.

Also the Raptors need to trade Lowry to Detroit... They can have BK7 in return......

Kyrie Irving and Gerald Henderson with game winning three pointers with less than five seconds left...but Duke players never do anything in the pros. :D

Batum with his second triple double of the season! Big ballin is his hoby.

Also the Raptors need to trade Lowry to Detroit... They can have BK7 in return......

Lowry would make Detroit better, immediately.

Rajon Rondo tore his ACL. Wow.