Vin

Lions @ Vikings

I really didn't understand how people thought Christian Ponder was as bad as his last few weeks. His weapons (outside of AP and Harvin) are inconsistent at best, and that includes Kyle Rudolph. His weaponry is suspect, his offensive coordinator is terrible, and Joe Webb has shown so little that it's absurd people actually wanted him starting this week.

These are the facebook sentiments of Vikings fans around me. Not you guys. Anyway, just wanted to vent my frustration on that a little bit. The Vikings are a good team, and they showed why today. Excellent game, purple.

The offensive coordinator does seem like he's kind of dumb. The past few games, we haven't given it to Harvin enough. And when Peterson was acing against the Seahawks? We didn't give it to him enough in the second half.

This draft, I hope we can pick up a big-name receiver. Any great receivers that you guys can think of?

Very pleased to see Ponder bounce back from his last few poor games. Glad to see Wright finally get some playing time too.

The offensive coordinator does seem like he's kind of dumb. The past few games, we haven't given it to Harvin enough. And when Peterson was acing against the Seahawks? We didn't give it to him enough in the second half.

This draft, I hope we can pick up a big-name receiver. Any great receivers that you guys can think of?

Justin Hunter out of Tennessee is a guy I think the Vikings should target. Hes probably the most physically gifted WR in the draft. He is 6-4 around 200.

Adrian Peterson continues to amaze me every week. The guy is just ridiculous. Not a soul that keeps up with the NFL had thought he'd be this good, this soon. I understand that it's already past halfway in the season but to me, that's still early for this. Amazing. That's why he's considered the best in the league I suppose.

Christian Ponder isn't a bad quarterback. My only problem with him is that we don't really see him throw down field at all. Once in a great while he takes a shot, but 90% of his passes are within 10 yards of the LOS. I just want to see what he can do with more of an intermediate route package or a few deep balls. It could be the play calling and the coaches being cautious with a young quarterback, or it could just be he has a "Chad Pennington" arm. Who knows.

Justin Hunter out of Tennessee is a guy I think the Vikings should target. Hes probably the most physically gifted WR in the draft. He is 6-4 around 200.

I'd add Keenan Allen from Cal..

I've watched Christian Ponder. He's got a much better arm than Chad Pennington did. This weak arm stuff is complete nonsense. They just don't take a lot of shots down field. Bill Musgrave is a terrible OC.

Edited by BwareDWare94