Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Aaron Rodgers Visits Maggie, Childhood Cancer Survivor

A lot of hub-bub is going on right now with regard to 60 minutes piece on Aaron Rodgers... Well, this is what the piece could have been like if they would have chosen to take this path. Although, I guess it probably doesn't spark as much controversy.

• Upvote 1

Seriously ? What the fuck? So a player does something good and the media people decide that this story is not worth airing because it will not draw a crowd. That means one of two things. Either we as a society has become more fucked up than anyone wants to admit or could believe or 60 minutes has indeed fallen extremely far from a credible source of news and interviews with celebrities.

They would rather tell us how Paris Hilton has ridden more than a Chippewa Indian, and how rich billionaires are changing peoples lives by putting them to work in shitty conditions, or how hippies in this country are some new sort of movement instead of just whiny bitches.

this guy on the other hand changes a girls life by showing her that some things are bigger than the conglomerates of the United States and the entertainment of fickle fans who would rather watch Honey Boo Boo and her dependapotamus, crackheaded, fugly mother because they think it is adorable.

They do not admire or understand the courage that it takes to fight the fight of a lifetime at the age of ten, or the kind of heart that it takes to show someone that you owe nothing you care by spending time with them for no other reason than it is the right thing to do.

I find it revolting and despicable that 60 minutes would cut this of all things just because they have some morally bankrupt editor whose moral compass is so fucked up he would not know which way is down if he got slammed on his head. This is shameful and just a pure disgrace to the intelligence and moral fiber of this country. Two things that either I am oblivious to the fact that we have an abundance of or that we could really use some more of both.

/END RANT.

• Upvote 1

I loved this story and Rodgers has worked with the MACC Fund for as long as I can remember. He does a lot of charity work in Wisconsin so this is just a piece of the good work he does around here for other people.