Bay

Raiders release former 8th overall pick LB Rolando McClain

Raiders suspended MLB Rolando McClain two games for conduct detrimental to the team.

McClain won't be cut -- for now -- although we still suspect we've seen the last of him in a Raiders uniform. The team has yet to specify the exact nature of McClain's insubordination, though there have been rumors that he yelled at head coach Dennis Allen. Due more than $4 million in 2013, McClain has no offseason trade value.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

He needs to go to a 3-4 team where he doesn't need to drop back in coverage much and can get pressure up the middle. Half his talent is wasted in a 4-3.

He needs to go to a 3-4 team where he doesn't need to drop back in coverage much and can get pressure up the middle. Half his talent is wasted in a 4-3.

Indeed. Like Playmaker and I said earlier, he'd do well in a 3-4, specifically as a SILB. He'd be perfect for LeBeau's 3-4 where all he'd have to do is attack the A gap, do some crossfire blitzes, and cover the TE or RB once in a while.

Timmons is awesome at blitzing. One of the Steelers' staples is the crossfire ILB blitz where the two loop into the opposite A gaps. Foote's gotten a ton of pressure and sacks thanks to teams loading up to protect Timmons. McClain was the best rushing player in the league last year. I can't imagine the pressure those two would create on that blitz, lmao.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

According to FOX's Jay Glazer, suspended MLB Rolando McClain's attitude has been a problem in Oakland for awhile.

"Players there, they're telling me this has been an ongoing problem with Rolando McClain," Glazer reported Sunday. "The tipping point was last week. Somebody asked him, 'Do you even care?' He said, 'I've got four million reasons not to care.'" Like Titus Young in Detroit, McClain is going to have a hard time gaining acceptance in his own locker room. He's likely played his last game in a Raiders uniform.

Source: Eric Gilmore on Twitter

I agree that he is better off in a 3-4, but I'm not sure this turd has the attitude to be a good NFL player.

Raiders reinstated MLB Rolando McClain from suspension.

It doesn't mean McClain will immediately resume playing. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that the Raiders are capable of voiding the remaining guaranteed money in McClain's rookie contract based on the fact that he was suspended. McClain is due a total of $3.6 million guaranteed for the 2013-2014 seasons. McClain has pocketed $20 million already from the Raiders.

Source: CBS Sports