Bay

Monte Kiffin to resign from USC, pursue NFL opportunities

LOS ANGELES -- Monte Kiffin will resign from his post as USC's de facto defensive coordinator after the Trojans' December bowl game, he announced Thursday.

The 72-year-old Kiffin, who came to USC when his son, Lane, was hired as coach in January 2010, said in a statement he plans to pursue opportunities in the NFL. He said he made his resignation announcement now to help USC's recruiting efforts and to keep attention on the team's bowl-game preparation.

http://espn.go.com/l...owing-bowl-game

Ha so he finally realizes his son is a sinking ship that can not be helped. Monte is a great coach who in my opinion wasted his time trying to salvage his sons coaching career. I like him.

MONTE KIFFIN FOR RAVENS HC.

Although to do this now I think he ha some team in mind already.

Ha so he finally realizes his son is a sinking ship that can not be helped. Monte is a great coach who in my opinion wasted his time trying to salvage his sons coaching career. I like him.

MONTE KIFFIN FOR RAVENS HC.

Although to do this now I think he ha some team in mind already.

Or, it's because USC's defense is terrible and he's saving his son the time by stepping down instead of having Lane fire him.

Or, it's because USC's defense is terrible and he's saving his son the time by stepping down instead of having Lane fire him.

You cant tell me that you really believe Lane is the better coach. If so please explain that part.

Monte Kiffin would make a horrible head coach. He's welcome to come back as D coord on the Bucs though.

I'd take him as DC in Philly if we get an offensive-minded head coach.

Monte Kiffin would make a horrible head coach. He's welcome to come back as D coord on the Bucs though.

I think that ship has sailed. I appreciate all he did for the Bucs, but his time has passed.

• Upvote 1

You cant tell me that you really believe Lane is the better coach. If so please explain that part.

Not necessarily, but Lane isn't going anywhere, at least not this season, and Monte's bad D has been a huge issue for the Trojans.