Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Stern wants to get rid of Hack-a-Whoever

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/david-stern-stamp-hack-shaq-tactics-231558614--nba.html

Basically if you intentionally foul someone off-ball, the team fouled would get the ball back after the foul shots. Not sure why this isn't a rule now. Effective or not, the game is so much more boring when teams just intentionally foul players over and over again.

lame. Stern is an awful commish. Seems all 3 major sports have awful commissioners.

How is this lame? Do you enjoy when the games come grinding to a halt because its just intentional fouling?

I definitely agree that Hack-A-Blank is awful and dreadfully boring. But I do see it both ways.

This is the game of basketball. Free Throws are part of the game. If you are terrible and can't hit them, I really don't like the idea of those players getting bailed out by David Stern and a new rule. If you consistently can't hit your free throws, why does your coach have you in when it becomes likely you will visit the line?

Terrible players (or FT shooters) are terrible.

I know a lot of players who struggle at the 3 point line. Let's get rid of it or move it in.

Again, I can see it both ways. But I think I lean anti-rule.

• Upvote 1

How is this lame? Do you enjoy when the games come grinding to a halt because its just intentional fouling?

Its part of them, if your making your free throws then teams will stop. This strategy has won teams games. Hell it just happened recently. Do you enjoy a commish basically telling teams. You can't sit certain players and O now you can't hack a player anymore.

Another dumb idea by Stern. It's fine the way it is, if guys can't hit their free throws, then that's their fault. There's a reason why certain players are fouled in specific situations instead of others. It's all a part of the game.

Fuck this. If it slows down the game or gives the team that employs it an advantage, that's on the opposing team's coach for not taking out the player getting hacked or the player for not working on his FTs.

There's just no excuse for being a shitty FT shooter. Spend a bunch of time practicing it and it won't become a problem. Look at the entire Thunder team.

Its crappy basketball.

Its sad that it takes a big market team and its fanbase to complain to get Stern to react, but... MAKE IT HAPPEN!

imo it should be a technical foul right now... Anyway.

Its crappy basketball.

Its sad that it takes a big market team and its fanbase to complain to get Stern to react, but... MAKE IT HAPPEN!

imo it should be a technical foul right now... Anyway.

It's exploiting the opponent's weakness. This would be like banning the sellout blitz in the NFL because some teams don't have the OL or blitz pickup skills not to get destroyed by it.

• Upvote 1

Its crappy basketball.

You know what is crappy basketball? Not making free throws.

• Upvote 2