seanbrock

Question for Fellow Peyton Haters

If Peyton wins a Super Bowl with the Broncos and looks decent-good doing so, do you change your opinion of Peyton as a player in the end. Does it change a little, a lot, or not at all.

I'm a card carrying lifelong hater of Peyton Manning, but what he's done this year has impressed me. It's true that Denver was pretty good last year and they made the playoffs but they were nowhere near as good as they are now and they're a COMPLETELY different team. We haven't seen how he'll play come January yet and we also haven't really seen him take a hit, even though he's almost made it all the way through the season. Credit a lot of that to Peyton though because he goes out and controls the pace of most games and just makes his reads lightning fast. If Peyton can look good and be clutch in the playoffs and lead a good Broncos team to a Super Bowl win, I'd have to change my opinion of him. idk what it would be just yet truthfully. I don't think I'd forget about the times he looked like shit when it mattered most, but I'd have to think a lot harder if you asked me if he was better or if Brady was. Peyton would be to my knowledge the Only QB to start and lead two different teams to Super Bowl wins.

For me if the broncos do win the super bowl. It matters how he looks and preforms. He fucking blew it in the 2006 playoff run. The defense went into overdrive, Adam was clutch and the Addai and Rhodes combo was the offense. Rhodes should of been superbowl mvp. Not to mention in the one game he had to play well in all he had to do was out beat rexy lolz.

• Upvote 1

Not much can or will change at this point, from my perspective. Peyton has played EXCEPTIONALLY. But he isn't even the brightest star on the team. Granted, that isn't me saying Peyton is less of a player because of it. Peyton is playing like he always has in an offense he has always played in with on par or superior offensive talent as he has always played with and on the opposite side is a defense unlike he has ever played with before.

Great player, one of the best ever. But his legacy is pretty much set.

Now... if he actually decides to play very very well in the playoffs, instead of letting the Broncos carry him to a SB victory. Then maybe we can start talking about a change in perception.

• Upvote 1

I think my opinion of him being a good post season player will change if he beats good teams and in the SB he won't be facing Rex Grossman, so we will see. If I'm a betting man, he folds in the AFC divisional round

• Upvote 1

I don't know why your opinion would change. Peyton is just being Peyton. The Colts went from being a 12 win team every year to 3 wins as soon as Peyton went down. Patsies on the other hand went 11-5 the year they didn't have Brady. Yes Peyton hasn't been the best in the Playoffs but that's what happens when you rely so much on one guy. Not like he has ALWAYS been terrible though. The man still owns the largest comeback victory in AFC Championship game history. I think which team was the victim of that :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know why your opinion would change. Peyton is just being Peyton. The Colts went from being a 12 win team every year to 3 wins as soon as Peyton went down. Patsies on the other hand went 11-5 the year they didn't have Brady.

Oh look, there's that idiot logic popping up again.

Pats won 11 games in 2008 because they had the easiest fucking schedule in the land. They got skull fucked by the good teams that they played like San Diego and Pittsburgh (20 point losses to both).

Here's who they got wins over...

- Kansas City (2-14)

- San Francisco (7-9)

- Denver (8-8)

- St. Louis (2-14)

- Buffalo x2 (7-9)

- Seattle (4-12)

- Oakland (5-11)

- Arizona (9-7)

- Split against the Dolphins and Jets.

Anyways, Peyton is a notorious playoff choker. Don't act like he's had no help around him either. Dude had great receivers AND good running backs when he was in Indy. I like how the Peyton apologists always tried to pin the blame on someone else rather than him, though. It's cute.

• Upvote 1

Anyways, Peyton is a notorious playoff choker. Don't act like he's had no help around him either. Dude had great receivers AND good running backs when he was in Indy. I like how the Peyton apologists always tried to pin the blame on someone else rather than him, though. It's cute.

As usual, Phil gets it right. Peyton needs to not just perform well--he needs to perform like regular season Peyton--in the playoffs in order to alter his legacy.

I equate Peyton Manning to a guy like Rajon Rondo in the NBA. He's an excellent point man. He puts the ball in places for players to make plays. If those players are good players, his team is good, and he looks good himself. If they aren't, he looks average. Don't forget that Colts defense went nuts in their Super Bowl run too. Freeney, Bob Sanders and Mathis and company went ham once the playoffs came around. Peyton played inconsistent, and actually not that good in the majority of the games. He played well in the one game I believe, the Pats game I think. Other than that though, it was the defense and Rhodes and other guys making plays and the other team being bad or shooting themselves in the foot.

Regardless, Hall of Famer. Numbers are absurd. You can't penalize a guy that bad when you have guys like Montana with Jerry Rice and Taylor etc. Bill Walsh putting the team together.

Peyton's biggest strengths are his awareness, intelligence, and his vision. He sees plays better than most QBs, and puts the ball in play for them to happen. That's why he's the NFL's Rajon Rondo.

Never have been a Peyton hater. I have a touch of the Eli hate though.

People like to conveniently forget that there have been times that Manning has shown up in the playoff but his team collapsed around him. The Jets game 2 years ago is a good example.

• Upvote 1

Never have been a Peyton hater.