Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Harvin, Frazier relationship souring

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier had yet another heated exchange that likely contributed to the receiver being placed on injured reserve earlier this month.

It's the third documented issue with Harvin and the organization since June. The exchange is believed to have begun in the training room and has fueled speculation that the "deteriorating" relationship between the two men could lead to Harvin's exit from Minnesota. Seeking a new contract and frustrated with the identity of the Vikings offense, Harvin briefly issued a trade request last offseason. The team will have to decide whether to offer him a long-term deal heavy on performance-based incentives and escalators or prepare to shop him in March and April. One NFL personnel man estimates that Harvin would draw a second- or third-round pick in a contract year. Dec 20 - 6:11 PM

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

LOL as if any Vikings fan is going to take Frazier over Harvin. He is not this team cancer they're trying to portray him as.

If they do decide to trade him (which I hope they don't) I would package him with a 1st round pick to the Cardinals for Larry Fitzgerald. Another pipe dream of mine :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

Jan 2 - 5:37 PM

Percy Harvin (ankle) hasn't returned to Vikings Park since being placed on injured reserve on December 5.

Harvin is rehabbing away from the team in Florida. Although that's not odd in and of itself, it's a bit unusual for a marquee player during a playoff run. It, of course, could also be construed as evidence that relations between the Vikings and Harvin are strained. Due just $1.55 million heading into the final year of his rookie deal, Harvin will almost certainly be pushing hard for a new contract this offseason.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news/

Frazier on Harvin not being around team: 'It's purely up to him'

Posted by: Mark Craig under

Updated: January 2, 2013 - 4:12 PM

Remember Percy Harvin? Pretty good player? Pippen to Adrian's Jordan? Once led the league with 62 catches? Was considered an early league MVP front-runner until he suffered a torn ligament in his left ankle at Seattle on Nov. 4?

Well, his name came up today because Harvin hasn't been at Winter Park since being placed on injured reserve on Dec. 5. (And, btw, the Vikings might want to consider forwarding his mail because it's piling up in his locker).

The Vikings have gone 5-2 without Harvin on the field or, for that matter, anywhere near the team. Coach Leslie Frazier was asked today about Harvin's situation. Here's the exchange with reporters:

Q: Is it by design that Percy is not around or would you prefer that he's here?

A: "It's purely up to him. If he wanted to be around, he could be around. But the guys are working hard doing everything they can. I know he wants our team to do well and that's important. But we got some other guys who are on IR as well, so it doesn't concern us."

Q: Have you talked to him?

A: "Not lately."

Q: Is he in Florida?

A: "Yes."

Q: Is it odd that a player as high profile as Percy not being here?

A: "No. I know he's supportive of his teammates. As any of the guys who are on IR that don't travel with us or don't participate in what we're doing, it's nothing that upsets their teammates or gets them concerned. These guys are so focused on Green Bay and getting ready for that game. That's what's most important."

Q: Is it routine for a guy on IR when he's not going to come back to rehab on his own?

A: "Not on his own. We monitor his rehab."

Q: So [head athletic trainer Eric] Sugarman is in contact with Percy?

A: "Yes."

Q: What is the status with his ankle? Will he need surgery?

A: "I haven't been told he's going to have to have surgery."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/185463891.html

If they do decide to trade him (which I hope they don't) I would package him with a 1st round pick to the Cardinals for Larry Fitzgerald. Another pipe dream of mine :D

That would be awesome to see Fitz back home in Minny but he would definitely have to restructure his contract. We can always dream though. :biggrin:

I hate these continued reports. This team isn't serious about title contention if they part with Percy Harvin. It's as simple as that.

I hate these continued reports. This team isn't serious about title contention if they part with Percy Harvin. It's as simple as that.

They're in the playoffs without him. That's about as serious as it gets. Any team in the playoffs can win it. I think we've seen enough crazy shit in the postseason to realize that by now.

If I'm the Vikings I'm trying to convince the Rams to part with the Redskins 1st rounder for Harvin. They need weapons for Bradford in the worst way. The Vikings could probably take a Percy Harvin clone, Tavon Austin, with one of their first rounders and be on their merry way.

Trading Percy Harvin for draft picks would be a very dumb move. No matter what the relationship with Frazier looks like, you don't trade away your second best offensive player for a couple of rookies.