Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

The Dalton Thread

I'm an Andy Dalton supporter, and have been since his days at TCU. I, like everybody else, was less than enthused by his performance today. Instead of chalking up this game, and his more recent struggles, to inexperience and youth, people are acting like he's an absolutely terrible quarterback. I personally believe that that's hogwash.

You don't throw for 47 touchdowns in your first two seasons without being a solid starter with potential for greatness. That number is, I believe, only five TDs shy of Manning's TD mark in his first two seasons. His interception totals are a little high, but what do you expect when you have a kid throw so much in his first two seasons? It's the same thing with Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning's rookie seasons, and they threw even more interceptions in their rookie years than Dalton did.

I firmly believe that he'll recover and be just fine. Cincinnati needs to ditch Marvin Lewis and hand the reigns over to Mike Zimmer. Get a new culture established, and see what happens. Marvin is a defensive coordinator. Let him go somewhere else.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I hate to make it sound like I disagree with you on just about every QB in the NFL, but it seems like this is another one.

He's uber average, and the Bengals will never win a championship with him unless if he has it completely made around him.

I hate to make it sound like I disagree with you on just about every QB in the NFL, but it seems like this is another one.

He's uber average, and the Bengals will never win a championship with him unless if he has it completely made around him.

I thought the same thing on Dalton. Hes on and off but hes not that bad. Hes somewhere in the middle spots for QB rankings. Now Cinncy has two 1st rounders if i remember, so if they pick up another WR and a solid RB, i think that would be enough to contend. Dalton and Green have a good connection, but after Green there isnt too many weapons. Hawkins is rabbit on the field, he makes people miss like crazy. But overall the rest is average. They need more help there at a skill position. If they get it I would take Cinncy more seriously to contend.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Ha the dude is stupid average. and is incredibly overrated.

He has two good tackles and in general a good line a top 5 WR and this is his about what I expect from him for a while.

You play shitty teams that you can chuck the ball up for grabs and have AJ Green grab it. He tried against the Texans and it was not going to be enough.

And this is not mentioning the fact that if the Texans could finish a drive that this game would have been an absolute ass beating.

Take AJ Green away. What does that make Dalton...? Nothing. Case Closed. Average at best QB having a WR literally do all the work for him. Unless you put superior talent around him, he will not succeed.

He overthrew many deep passes yesterday...but most importantly...he overthrew AJ Green for a GW TD. You HAVE to make those throws.

Those kind of throws are the ones that upper-echelon QB's make...and he is not one of them...nor will he ever be as long as he's in Cincinnati.

If you think Flacco is average (I do) then so is this guy.

There is only room for one elite QB in the AFCN and that is Brandon "Fountain of Youth" Weeden.

Hang the fuck on, folks.

Andy Dalton has thrown 29 TD passes over two season to players other than AJ Green. Green has accounted for 18. While that's a large number, it's not like Dalton doesn't use his other receivers, too.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Hang the fuck on, folks.

Andy Dalton has thrown 29 TD passes over two season to players other than AJ Green. Green has accounted for 18. While that's a large number, it's not like Dalton doesn't use his other receivers, too.

The cumulative effect of having Green on the field made it much easier for other receivers. Then taking into consideration that Jerome Simpson was an ultra talented receiver too makes his stats less impressive than what they seem.

Wait did you just call simpson an ultra talented WR?

Wait did you just call simpson an ultra talented WR?

Yes. Physically the dude is a freak athlete. I don't see that as an outlandish statement.

Difference between being an athletic freak and a talented WR and simpson is not.

Difference between being an athletic freak and a talented WR and simpson is not.

The dude almost had the same combine as Julio Jones. What would you call it though. The guy does have talent. Or would being an athlete not be talent ? I don't know it is kind of like splitting hairs imo. What quantifies as talent then?

I actually agree with Ngata on this one. Simpson is getting his head into it away from having a breakout season in the NFL.

Dalton ain't a bad QB. Green and him have lead that team to playoffs in back to back years and no one really gave them a shot at that. Not to mention this was only Dalton's 2nd year. He did miss that sure TD to Green pretty badly and that probably would've won them the game. But shouldn't we blame Jermaine Gresham for dropping like 4 or 5 passes that killed drives. His run game is pretty meh too, BJGE is average at best.

Rey Maualuga was getting owned all game too. This teams problems go far beyond Dalton and I'd like to see him next year with a healthy WR core and hopefully better run game.

Edited by Primetime21

Take AJ Green away. What does that make Dalton...? Nothing. Case Closed. Average at best QB having a WR literally do all the work for him.

How does that work? You could say that about any QB in the NFL. Just like a RB without a good oline. You take a pro bowl player away from any team and they will falter a bit in production. Im not talking about the Bradys, Mannings of the NFL obviously since their body of work is already proven. But even Matt Ryan, you take away Julio and White, what does that make him? Having Douglas as your number one, you think Ryan would succeed? FUCK NO. IJS I think that's a bad approach onto this type of debate. Now I will agree that he will need help to win the SB. But as I stated before, Dalton hasn't had many other weapons besides AJ. We will see right? Cinncy has two 1st round picks and offseason coming up. They could get help for sure.