Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bears Have Full Slate of Interviews Scheduled

Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements will have to turn his attention away from the 49ers for a little bit on Thursday.

Michael C. Wright of ESPNChicago.com reports that Clements is going to interview with the Bears for their head coaching job before the Packers head out to San Francisco for Saturday night’s game against the 49ers. Clements had been the Packers’ quarterbacks coach for six years before getting bumped up after Joe Philbin left for Miami, a period that’s seen the Bears lose nine of their 14 matchups with the Packers.

Clements won’t be the only candidate slipping away from playoff prep to talk to Bears General Manager Phil Emery. The Bears are slated to interview Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison on Friday and Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell on Saturday before each of those men coach their teams in the Divisional Round. Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is slated for Sunday.

Busy weekend for those Bears. All offensive coaches as well. Clements better not go to Chicago, I will be livid. lmao

Edited by Favre4Ever

FOX NFL Sunday analyst tweeted early Friday morning that it "looks like" Montreal Alouettes coach Mark Trestman will be the next coach of the Bears.

Source: Jimmy Johnson on Twitter

@espn_nfcnblog:

Other than Jimmy Johnson tweet, no indication Bears close to naming HC. Still have first interviews scheduled this weekend

EDIT:

@RapSheet:

I see @JimmyJohnson's #Bears tweet about Trestman. Yet I'm told the Bears are still interviewing. So... not the coach yet, apparently

Edited by BucD

For all the teams searching for coaches, it's kinda like musical chairs. You dont want to be the last team to sign a guy because you might just land up without a chair.

I hear good things about Trestman. But he has had so many stops in the NFL and so fews years at them. Doesn't make sense for a good coach to last so little time.

I've got a lot of friends around here that are Bears fans. Everything I hear from them (and even other Bears fans) they really want an offensive minded coach. My question there is, if an offensive minded coach goes into Chicago, will that defense still be able to function like they did this past season? I know the Bears have the weapons on offense, just a matter of fitting all their current puzzle pieces together imo.

The Chicago Tribune believes Colts OC Bruce Arians' Sunday interview concludes the team's initial round of meetings with candidates for their head-coaching vacancy.

The Bears are rivaling the Eagles for the most expansive list of candidates, but it looks like there will no new names added to the search. The team will begin bringing in finalists this week. While Broncos OC Mike McCoy has emerged as the favorite in Arizona and Arians has been considered the Chargers' top target, the Bears job appears to be wide open.

Source: Chicago Tribune