Sign in to follow this  
Kaep'tain

Ravens violated NFL rule in OT

Why did the allow the kicker to take a practice kick? This is strictly against NFL rules and should've been stopped. It may or may not of helped the kicker in the end. But its little things like this that proves Refs need some sorta disciplinary when they screw rules.

Yes, it is "illegal" for a kicker to take a practice kick in-game. However, there is also no penalty for it. All the refs can do is ask the said kicker to leave the field. Which is what they eventually did in the Ravens game (they were just a bit slow for some reason). Basically, Tucker took advantage of a loophole in the rules :shrug:

Hmm. It is illegal but there is no penalty for it. Lol

I could have sworn it was considered delay of game, at least what the Falcons kicker did. In-between quarters I don't think its illegal. Can you show me that rule? Not saying you're wrong, just that I've never heard of it.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

If the officials see the kicker coming out to attempt a practice kick they are told not to do it. No penalty either way.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

If the officials see the kicker coming out to attempt a practice kick they are told not to do it. No penalty either way.

Maybe the Giants owner can convince the other owners to dock the Ravens Cap space for "violating the spirit of the rule in order to gain a competetive advantage"...

Same thing both nights. If there's not truly a penalty for it, what's the point in listening to the refs?