Bay

NHL General thread

I mentioned it in the shoutbox, but absolutely amazing save by Cam Ward tonight: http://video.nhl.com...id=nhl:topheads

maybe I'm being optimistic, but after two dominating wins in a row against teams in the top half of the conference, I don't think the Caps can quite be written off

Also playing in the Southeast where there is not one team you could even classify as playing good hockey so far this year.

Also playing in the Southeast where there is not one team you could even classify as playing good hockey so far this year.

very true, it's nice playing in a weak division :p

Even though I'll probably miss it, tonight's Flyers/Caps game should be a good one. We could really use two points, though I really want someone to go after Erskine for his elbow on Simmonds a few weeks back.

The Lightning are capable of good hockey, but they commit way too many turnovers (the source of both of Buffalo's goals last night) and have shitty play at the goaltender position.

Hurricanes have been losing a little bit lately but I still think they are the team to beat with the Lightning closely by in the SE.

Hell even the Jets are looking good.

Wednesday Night Rivarly :rock:

The Calgary Flames have signed restricted free agent forward Ryan O'Reilly to an offer sheet, the team announced Thursday.O'Reilly, 22, has not played this season and contract negotiations with the Colorado Avalanche have been at an impasse for weeks.

"Under the rules pertaining to an offer sheet, we will allow the process to transpire," Flames general manager Jay Feaster said in a statement. "We will not provide any further comment until the process is complete.”

According to TSN's Darren Dreger, O'Reilly's contract from the Flames is for two years, $10 million (an average annual value of $5 million). He would receive a $1 million salary and $2.5 million signing bonus this season, and a $6.5 million salary next season.

Colorado has seven days to match Calgary's offer and retain O'Reilly, or receive Calgary's first- and third-round picks in the 2013 NHL Draft as compensation.

If the Avalanche match the offer, they cannot trade O'Reilly for a full year from that date.

Wow I was a big Ryan O'Reilly fan but for what the Flames are potentially giving up here is too much not ignore.

Edited by Bay

Hurricanes have been losing a little bit lately but I still think they are the team to beat with the Lightning closely by in the SE.

Hell even the Jets are looking good.

Wednesday Night Rivarly :rock:

Wow I was a big Ryan O'Reilly fan but for what the Flames are potentially giving up here is too much not ignore.

Do you think the flames are making a mistake by making this move?

• Downvote 1

Do you think the flames are making a mistake by making this move?

That's a lot of money for someone who has had only one good season. What you're giving up to get him is worse though.

How is the Flames center depth?

That's a lot of money for someone who has had only one good season. What you're giving up to get him is worse though.

How is the Flames center depth?

I believe we only have 1 natural center, the other 3 are either left or right wingers playing centre because Feaster doesn't know how to count properly! :facepalm:

I believe we only have 1 natural center, the other 3 are either left or right wingers playing centre because Feaster doesn't know how to count properly! :facepalm:

I know the Flames have played Alex Tanguay at Center ( his natural position during his time in Colorado was left wing.)

Edit:

Edited by Bay

I know the Flames have played Alex Tanguay at Center ( his natural position during his time n Colorado) and at wing.

:yep:

I bet you know every player on the Flames, without going to Wikipedia! :yep:

:yep:

I bet you know every player on the Flames, without going to Wikipedia! :yep:

Ha, you give me too much credit, kid.

Wow I just heard on the Avs telecast that the Avalanche have matched the Flames offer for Ryan O'Reilly.

Edit: Blackhawks are good at Hockey

Holy shit...

Calgary led 3-0 after the 1st period and blew it haha

3 point night for the Captain!

Edited by Bay

3 point night for the Captain!

:megusta:

Also,what a shitty loss to Canes.

Nothing warms my heart more than the Lightning playing like dog shit.

:megusta:

Also,what a shitty loss to Canes.

Your team is in great shape with Gabe and Matt. :yep:

Your team is in great shape with Gabe and Matt. :yep:

Yeah,Matt is having like 35+ PPG in February and Gabe is one of my best players right now. They are a lethal duo :yep:

18-0-3

blackhawks_building1.jpg

Blackhawks are now 8 games off tying the all-time record for most games in a row with at least one point. I think that if they can beat the Red Wings, who are still pretty good but in a bit of decline from their previous great years, then they can tie and most likely beat the record. I believe they play the blue Jackets coming up early next week and the Oilers as well, neither team being that great (Blue Jackets are pretty awful, while the Oilers top young players are struggling a bit at the moment)! :rock:

• Downvote 1

Blackhawks are now 8 games off tying the all-time record for most games in a row with at least one point. I think that if they can beat the Red Wings, who are still pretty good but in a bit of decline from their previous great years, then they can tie and most likely beat the record. I believe they play the blue Jackets coming up early next week and the Oilers as well, neither team being that great (Blue Jackets are pretty awful, while the Oilers top young players are struggling a bit at the moment)! :rock:

Avs gonna end it :smug:

Avs gonna end it :smug:

lol When do the Avs play the Blackhawks next?

The puck isn't going past Braden Holtby.

lol When do the Avs play the Blackhawks next?

Wednesday(March 6th). Then again on Friday.(March 8th)

• Upvote 1

Someone's gonna get Chicago. The Flyers' 35-game point streak (which didn't include an overtime loss, by the way) is safe and secure. :coffee: