Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Jag to unveil new logo Tuesday

The Jacksonville Jaguars are holding a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, but the release for as to what it was detailing was a bit vague.

Jacksonville Jaguars Owner Shad Khan and President Mark Lamping will host an event on Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 4 pm in the West Touchdown Club at EverBank Field to present a comprehensive update and share plans for the organization heading into the 2013 season. This event is not open to the public but area media are invited and encouraged to cover it. The presentation will conclude with a social hour, during which both Khan and Lamping will be available for interviews.

Reading this I take it as just a kind of "State of the Franchise" type of press conference, possibly to discuss marketing plans going into the offseason, scheduled events, and potentially ticket price changes if there are to be any. It sounds like a general end of the season type of press conference.

Well, according to Uniwatch part of the press conference tomorrow will be the Jaguars revealing their new logo.

"A little birdie tells me that the Jaguars will unveil their new logo tomorrow at 4pm. A uniform redesign, described to me as "similar to one the Seahawks underwent last year," will be revealed in mid-April."

There have been hints and rumors on the Internet that the Jaguars could be in for a logo change, however a uniform change is something that we know about.

Source: http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/2/4/3950924/jaguars-new-logo-rumors-2013-revealed

Further digging reveals an unnamed source who works in merchandising so he gets a look at logos. He revealed FOUR teams are getting new logos, we already know about — and saw the leaks — of the Dolphins new logo. But he says the Buccaneers, Jags, and Vikings are all getting new logos too. He gave his opinion on all four of them and this is what he said (only revealed the Bucs as being the one who didn't notice any difference at all:)

Christmas morning as I checked my office email this morning, received the finalized changes for the Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Dolphins.

Let's just say, one modernization, one less caricature / more detailed, and one "Oh wow...really, that's horrible!?", and one "Ummm, what changed?"

As for the information I have, it's all visual, logos, not uniforms. I'm in the apparel industry, so I don't deal with anything uniform related.

I will offer this, as my design opinion, out of the four logos, one of them, the modernization, is a home run. The "Oh wow, what the hell?" is in the category of what the Panthers changes were. The logo is beautiful, but it's just so different from the previous one, and quite frankly, it looks like something other than what it's intended to look like.

One thing I will clarify, the "What changed?" one was the Buccaneers, so Bucs fans rest easy. I have to confirm that I just wasn't sent an old file, but I couldn't tell any changes.

So we can only assume the "Wow, that's horrible!" One is the Jags, #BecauseJaguars.

trolluarsbig.jpeg

:(

Dolphins - modernization

Vikings - WTF

Jags - more detailed

I can hope anyway. otherwise, what Campin said.

Yeah I'd say the Dolphins and Jaguars are the most "caricature" like logos, the Vikings isn't as cartoonish. So one is gonna be the more detailed one. The Vikings or Dolphins have to be the more modernized one, because those are old logos. So either one of them. We've seen the Dolphins new logo:

1etd7o.Em.56.jpeg

So that's either the "home run" modernization, or the more detailed one, looks more modernized than more detailed however. So I think Vin you might be right, at least I hope so. Hopefully it's the Vikings that are the WTF one.

The Panthers logo was so different from the previous one? Not sure I'd trust this guy's opinion on much.

The Panthers logo was so different from the previous one? Not sure I'd trust this guy's opinion on much.

Yeah that was off base too. Along with his weird bi-polar change of opinion from "horrible" to "beautiful logo." If anything Panthers one got changed to just meaner looking, right?

Prisco of CBS just tweeted further about it:

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS: a meaner looking Jaguar is what I heard

He also said the Jags new jerseys will be a lot like the Seahawks, and with more gold involved. Black & Gold, less teal is what he said specifically.

Big Cat Country guy just saw the logo, had this to say:

I've seen the new #Jaguars logo. It's robotic. Very futuristic.

The #Jaguars new logo isn't even a Jaguar head anymore though. It's a body part.

The #Jaguars logo is not a claw/paw see a lot of people guessing that

You guys remember Voltron?

Hmmmm....

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Interesting. Every is seeing it but can't share? lol

A voltron looking head would definitely be... Interesting. I like the idea of more of a gold/black look, too.

If it's not a paw, and it's a bodypart not the head... it has to be the tail right? So I'm guessing like a robotic tail in the shape of a J maybe? No idea...

EDIT: Well apparently the BCC dude was trolling and has no idea what the new Jags logo looks like, scratch the futuristic Voltron stuff. :rofl:

Just spitting hot truth RT @TDJaxTim: @AlfieBCC wut r u doin - http://bit.ly/VMWVki

He linked to our very own JD (Favre4Ever), pointing out how the word spreading has folks like JD pronouncing the Jags logo will be futuristic and Voltron-esque. I guess that's my fault too by relaying his trolling back here :troll:

The black & gold stuff is legit though.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I kinda thought that too, but Voltron doesn't have a tail though, does he? I was thinking it was more of that robotic cat like head with the mouth open and sharp teeth being shown. Although that doesn't abide by the whole "it isn't a head" tweet. I'm exciting to see it though, no joke.

I kinda thought that too, but Voltron doesn't have a tail though, does he? I was thinking it was more of that robotic cat like head with the mouth open and sharp teeth being shown. Although that doesn't abide by the whole "it isn't a head" tweet. I'm exciting to see it though, no joke.

He basically just said he was making it up, and now posted that he may or may not be making it up. So who knows, I followed you on twitter by the way JD. Looks like you need more followers :troll:

I just started it the other day... >_>

• Upvote 1

Jokes? Jokes? Why would people joke about the logo looking like Voltron. >_>

Now I am going to be really disappointed. Good going, bro.

It should be shiny with flashing lights to take the focus off the teams terrible play. Maybe if they make it flashy enough to distract the opposition, they can get some points on the board. :troll:

It should be shiny with flashing lights to take the focus off the teams terrible play. Maybe if they make it flashy enough to distract the opposition, they can get some points on the board. :troll:

I mean, from any other team's fan — sure, but a Chiefs fan? *checks draft order one more time*

xzbitlol.png

Who I root for doesn't make what I said any less true. 'checks standings' Our teams combined had the same amount of wins as the Raiders. Like it or not, they both sucked last season. BAD bad football. The difference is that the Chiefs are addressing this problem by changing personnel, while the Jags are changing the logo... lol.

All jokes aside, I know you guys are gonna shake things up on the roster and what not, but the fact is that they're rebuilding while the Chiefs are just tweaking things a bit. Bring in a competent QB and we're all right. The Jags need a lot of work. I guess when you're pretty much starting over though, it's the best time to switch logos. Out with the old and things. Anything to create a buzz.

Jokes? Jokes? Why would people joke about the logo looking like Voltron. >_>

Now I am going to be really disappointed. Good going, bro.

If they made the logo look like Voltron, I would instantly become a part-time Jaguars fan.

I've read numerous blurbs from people saying, "How about improving the team, not changing a logo! GEEZ!" B-isforBowe even came close to saying the same thing. Why do people think the Jags aren't going to improve the team? :rofl: So we just think the brand new GM, with the new coaching staff, are just gonna be like, "Naw, we're good, let's just roll out the same team, fuck it." It's not even March, what can the Jags do right now, to improve the team? Exactly. Nothing. That comes with free agency in March, then the draft in April. Relax.

I've read numerous blurbs from people saying, "How about improving the team, not changing a logo! GEEZ!" B-isforBowe even came close to saying the same thing. Why do people think the Jags aren't going to improve the team? :rofl: So we just think the brand new GM, with the new coaching staff, are just gonna be like, "Naw, we're good, let's just roll out the same team, fuck it." It's not even March, what can the Jags do right now, to improve the team? Exactly. Nothing. That comes with free agency in March, then the draft in April. Relax.

I know they're going to give it the old "college" try. (See what I did there?) Still, this is gonna be a huge project. The logo might be the only thing they feel like they can change right now, because results on the field and in the seats aren't going to be attained overnight.

OMG yo, I came in here looking for a sexy ass voltron logo. Y'all killing me. >_>

It's not Voltron, I already said that was a dude trolling.

Instead, it looks like a WNBA logo.

logowtype.jpg

It's not Voltron, I already said that was a dude trolling.

Instead, it looks like a WNBA logo.

logowtype.jpg

Is that the new logo forreal???

Don't like rabbit ears on a jaguar.

Well if it is, its not bad looking. Just dont understand the cartoon side of the logo is all.