Sign in to follow this  
rzb

Most Loyal Fans

Even after one of the roughest seasons in recent history' date=' Auburn fans are picking up accolades for their loyalty to the Tigers. Discover Card released the results of a survey on Thursday aimed at determining the most loyal college football fanbase in the nation with Auburn winning the No. 1 spot in the rankings.

According to the release, the survey was conducted by pollsters from Rasmussen Reports over 14 weeks during the college football season and measured four factors to determine fan loyalty. SEC fans in general ranked first in all four categories. According to the release:

*SEC fans told researchers that they found it "somewhat or very important" to watch their favorite team play each week, beating out fans of independent teams and members of the Big 12.

*SEC fans also said they follow their teams closely, even during bad seasons.

*Friends and family members know who SEC fans' favorite teams are, with Big Ten fans coming in second.

*While Big Ten and ACC team supporters love to wear school colors, SEC fans told researchers that they wear team apparel and other items more than any other group of college football fans in the country.

Auburn was the only SEC school ranked in the top five in the survey, with Nebraska, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Iowa rounding out the top five.[/quote']

Interesting that while Alabama wins the National Championship, Auburn is considered most loyal. :think:

LOL. No fucking way Auburn is even close to being the most loyal.

3178qpt.jpg

That's from the 2nd half of the game against A&M this past year. Jordan Hare was decently empty for the rest of the season, too.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that while Alabama wins the National Championship, Auburn is considered most loyal. :think:

Winning the national championship has nothing to do with your fans' loyalty.

• Upvote 1

Winning the national championship has nothing to do with your fans' loyalty.

You must have no idea how huge their in-state rivalry is.

You must have no idea how huge their in-state rivalry is.

I'm aware of their in-state rivalry but I'm just saying that you win the national title because your team is great,not because your fans are the most loyal ones. There are fans of some worse teams who are probably more loyal than Bama's. People just don't pay attention to them.

I'm aware of their in-state rivalry but I'm just saying that you win the national title because your team is great,not because your fans are the most loyal ones. There are fans of some worse teams who are probably more loyal than Bama's. People just don't pay attention to them.

I understand that. I was simply making the observation that while Alabama wins yet another championship, their in-state rival gets recognized nationally for having the most loyal fans. Found it interesting.

Same with Iowa. Of all teams, I never thought Iowa would be Top 5.

I understand that. I was simply making the observation that while Alabama wins yet another championship, their in-state rival gets recognized nationally for having the most loyal fans. Found it interesting.

Same with Iowa. Of all teams, I never thought Iowa would be Top 5.

Oh ok. Speaking of their in-state rivalry,it's even absurd to talk about that,cause Bama's fans are clearly more loyal. I've watched three Auburn's home games this season and Phil's picture really represents the "loyalty" I've seen there.

Some of these big schools don't realize how good they have it with their big ass stadiums and at least decent teams...

We're lucky if 100 students show up to watch my college's football team.

Oh ok. Speaking of their in-state rivalry,it's even absurd to talk about that,cause Bama's fans are clearly more loyal. I've watched three Auburn's home games this season and Phil's picture really represents the "loyalty" I've seen there.

Winning plays a large role. I've never seen more bandwagon fans come out of the woodwork than when Alabama wins a championship. Honestly, I'd rank LSU fans over Alabama. How Auburn got into the mix is beyond me but I had to guess it had nothing to do with attendance numbers, especially after seeing those pictures.

There's got to be a difference benchmark otherwise only winning teams would be on the list.

I don't know about "most loyal," but I can tell you that Buckeyes fans are INCREDIBLY loyal, even during bad seasons. I have to say that Penn State and Michigan fans are quite the loyal bunch as well. The big schools in the Big Ten are big on history and what not, Nebraska not withstanding.

Winning plays a large role. I've never seen more bandwagon fans come out of the woodwork than when Alabama wins a championship. Honestly, I'd rank LSU fans over Alabama. How Auburn got into the mix is beyond me but I had to guess it had nothing to do with attendance numbers, especially after seeing those pictures.

There's got to be a difference benchmark otherwise only winning teams would be on the list.

This is so true. I've seen (after the NCG against LSU two years ago) some fans of Big 12 teams,mostly K-State fans, and some people who didn't have their favorite college football team that have all the sudden become huge Bama fans. That's a big :nonono: to me.

I don't know about "most loyal," but I can tell you that Buckeyes fans are INCREDIBLY loyal, even during bad seasons. I have to say that Penn State and Michigan fans are quite the loyal bunch as well. The big schools in the Big Ten are big on history and what not, Nebraska not withstanding.

Last season showed everybody how loyal Penn State fans are. That was a tough time for our school (still is) and the fans supported the team like nothing had happened.

It's clear what the article is talking about when it says most loyal. It's those fans that said they found it somewhat or very important to watch their teams play on Sunday. Probably from their couch at home.

It's clear what the article is talking about when it says most loyal. It's those fans that said they found it somewhat or very important to watch their teams play on Sunday. Probably from their couch at home.

Bingo. Everyone else missing the point.

Anyways, look at that top five:

Auburn, Nebraska, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Iowa

What do all those places have in common?

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Of course they're loyal :rofl:

• Upvote 2