Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

Prop 8 and the SCOTUS

-"I never said that if they wanna be straight they can just do it until they actually like it"

-"It's a choice"

These do not make sense together and you have put them both forward.

Do you believe that if someone is starving, that they chose to be starving? Because they weren't born that way. By your logic, if you aren't born a certain way, its a conscious choice.

But see, I don't buy that there are very many people in the world that fall completely on one side or the other of the spectrum. You may have to find one hell of a woman to be straight for her, but IMHO, most people are bisexual, if only a tiny bit. 100% gay and 100% straight people are pretty uncommon.

• Upvote 1

But see, I don't buy that there are very many people in the world that fall completely on one side or the other of the spectrum. You may have to find one hell of a woman to be straight for her, but IMHO, most people are bisexual, if only a tiny bit. 100% gay and 100% straight people are pretty uncommon.

:think:

Explain yourself. I usually agree with you, but I don't see where you're going with this one.

Like having a mancrush I assume.

If you think Tom Brady is handsome, does that mean you're gay? I don't think so, but I guess it depends on your interpretation of the definition. One's sexuality is referred to as gay, straight, etc. Therefore, you're straight if you participate in sex involving the opposite sex or you're gay if you participate in sex involving same gender.

I don't really think there's a "tiny bit" gay lol..

-"I never said that if they wanna be straight they can just do it until they actually like it"

-"It's a choice"

These do not make sense together and you have put them both forward.

They make sense to me. I am not really sure what you are asking I guess. And for the record taking them out of context does the first phrase no justice.

Do you believe that if someone is starving, that they chose to be starving? Because they weren't born that way. By your logic, if you aren't born a certain way, its a conscious choice.

That is not my logic. Those are two very separate things that have no relation to each other.

Don't just say that they're different. Say how they're different.

Don't just say that they're different. Say how they're different.

It should not need an explnation, however here it is.

Starvation is something that can happen when no matter what you do external forces can force you into it.

Being gay. Nobody can force you to be who you are not unless you choose to.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

...then you're bi-sexual. There's no in between.

Granted. But some people may only be bisexual for a person who is like their perfect mate, whereas other people may not need to find someone who is absolutely perfect to go against their genetic predisposition.

What I'm saying is I think most people are, say, 90% straight, for example. That person may believe they are completely and entirely straight, and may end up living their whole life without acting gay in any way. But if a guy came in who was just perfect, then that other 10% would come into play.

The point here is really the other side of things- I don't think most people are 100% gay. So yes, they could live with a lady and be happy, provided they find a really good one. It would be easier for a 90% straight person to settle down with a lady than a 90% gay person, but it could be done.

This, of course, has no bearing on the government sticking their nose in people's privacy.

What I'm saying, in brief, is that a person's DNA, be they mostly straight or mostly gay, only predisposes them towards liking a certain sex, it does not force them to only like one or the other.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1