Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Razor's Mock Draft, Second Coming

Go Ham with trades or go home.

1. :Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M

I like Fisher more than Joeckel, but the Chiefs don’t. That’s what matters here.

2. :jags: Geno Smith, QB, WVU

Gabbert is a smokescreen. The Jags want to move on.

3. :Raiders: Star Loutelelei, DT, Utah

Being medically cleared makes him the top DT in the draft again, and the Raiders need good players everywhere.

4. :Eagles: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Picks 4 and 5 could easily switch, but I think the need for a corner greatly outweighs the need for a tackle for the igglez.

5. :Lions: Eric Fisher, LT, central Michigan

I’m not sure if they have confidence in Riley Reiff to be their Left Tackle, and they need a Right Tackle as well, so this is a major investment they need to make, to protect their QB who is eating a huge chunk of the cap.

6. :Chargers: trade with :Browns: (Swap firsts, chargers add a second) Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma

Gotta get those LT’s before they’re gone. The top 3 are not getting past 7 in this draft, and the Chargers are desperate for help at tackle.

7. :Cardinals: Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

In a perfect world there’s a franchise caliber QB or LT prospect worth taking here. No such luck, but the Cards have other holes that need addressing, like outside pass rush. They’re strong on defense everywhere else but OLB.

8. :Bills: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

The money investment was there, but the production was minimal. Throw more at it and see what happens. Trying my best to channel Buddy Nix here.

9. :Jets: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

I still think he’s a good prospect despite his poor workouts. On field production is still the key to evaluation.

10. :Titans: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

Floyd goes on a mini slide here, but the Titans could definitely get a lot more out of him than a guard like Cooper or Warmack.

11. :Browns: trade with :Chargers: (Swap Firsts, Chargers add a second) Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU

The Browns want to get out of the top 10 before investing in one of the top corners in this draft. Rhodes has all the skills you’re looking for, and with the main pass rushers off the board, it’s a logical choice.

12. :dolphins: D.J. Fluker, OT/G, Alabama

Jeff Ireland is no genius, he’s overpaid and made reaches before, I think he does it again. The Dolphins are enamored with this kid. I’m not really seeing it.

13. :Vikings: trade with :Jets: trade with :Bucs: (Revis) (Swap firsts, and Vikings add a third)

Tavon Austin, WR, WVU

Austin would make a really good replacement for Harvin, he could be utilized as both the first WR and a spell back for Peterson when some more speed is needed on the field.

14. :panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou

Maybe one day we can relive the glory days in Carolina. There is nothing but a trail of toilet paper after Kris Jenkins left.

15. :Saints: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

Man I love cornerbacks. So do the Saints. With the tackles falling off the board, it’s DB or pass rusher, and I think they’re more desperate for coverage.

16. :Rams: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

Warmack is a great prospect, but guards fall because teams feel it’s a wasted pick when other positions help the team so much more. However the Rams have a massive investment at QB, and they have two picks in the first round, they are a bit more insulated when it comes to taking a chance on a great prospect at a not so great position.

17. :Steelers: Kenny Vaccaro, S , Texas

From what I hear the Steelers are a bit hesitant to take an outside linebacker early, while safety is drawing some interest. Vacarro would do a great job filling in for the 12 games a year Polamalu is hurt. >_> Jokes.

18. :Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

Remember all of those things I said about guards… well the Cowboys are the cowboys. Jerry always gets his man.

19. :Giants: Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU

A pass rusher falling to 19? Yoink.

20. :Bears: Keenan Allen, WR, California

I don’t know if Cutler is still the answer for them or not, but he needs more than Brandon Marshall on offense.

21. :Bengals: Manti Te’o, MLB, Notre Dame

Te’o strikes me as a player the Bengals would take a chance on. Like other linebackers on that team, he can’t cover the pass so he’d fit right in.

22. :Rams: via :Redskins: Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Chris Givens, Austin Pettis, and Brian Quick are the Rams current WR corps. Young and have potential sure, but it’s not enough for Bradford who lost a safety blanket this free agency session.

23. :Jets: trade with :Vikings: Sylvester Williams, DT/NT, North Carolina

The Jets are really excited for this guy, and they do need some tweaking on that defensive line with Mike Devito leaving and Kenrick Ellis being invisible in his short time in the league.

24. :Colts: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU

They spent money on Erik Walden sure, but Walden sucks. They need a real pass rusher to contribute at the level Freeney or Mathis did for years. Otherwise this team will show its fluky colours.

25. :49ers: trade with :Vikings: via :Seahawks: (Swap firsts and add a third)

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

I just think Cyprien is a good fit with what the 49rs want to do. He’ll be a highly coveted prospect in this section of the draft for sure.

26. :Packers: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

I think the Packers just need a strong enough excuse to get rid of Jermichael Finley. At the very worst, this move will force him to keep his mouth shut because he’ll do just a good a job as Finley ever has. Also I have no idea who else the Packers would want this early.

27. :Texans: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Pick a WR, any WR. The Texans have needed a number 2 for years, and in a couple of years they’ll need a number 1. So just grab a guy already.

28. :Bills: trade with :Broncos: (28 for 41 and 71) Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

Nassib seems to be the hot QB at the moment and this is a good moment to be the in the spotlight. It reunites a head coach with his QB, it gets the Bills the franchise guy they think they’re getting and everyone wins in Buffalo. For today.

29. :Patriots: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

The Patriots have shown a lot of interest in Taylor, it seems like it’ll be a good fit with half of their secondary going to prison. Getting torched won’t help you in the playoffs and the Patriots have to recognize that.

30. :Falcons: Cornelius Carradine, DE, FSU

The Falcons have to replace the pass rush Abraham gave them because they have no players on the roster who can pick up the slack. Carradine showed a lot of potential at Florida State, even if he was just a one year starter.

31. :Vikings: trade with :49ers: Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia

The Vikings are looking hard at defensive tackles and Middle linebackers in the draft. Ogletree has a lot to like, but he has a lot to worry about as well. The skill is definitely there, and if he cleans up off the field, he’ll clean up on the field.

32. :Ravens: Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State

I’ll trust in Campin’s judgment here. NEXT RAY RAY. Eh, they can dream can’t they? I like him a lot as a WLB, I’m not sure if he’ll be as sick in the middle though.

33. :Cardinals: trade with :jags: (33 for 38 and 103), Menelik Watson, OT, FSU

The Cards still need an offensive tackle or QB addressed. Watson has some potential to fill the Left Tackle role, but he’s raw as a diamond.

34. :49ers: via :Chiefs: Marqus Hunt, DE, SMU

Justin Smith is old, the defensive line is being dismantled by free agency, anyone who could help Aldon Smith get to the QB would be a godsend for the niners. Someone else who could get to the QB would be heavenly. Hunt has some serious potential and it’s worth banking on this early.

35. :Eagles: Matt Elam, SS, Florida

Despite the revamp, the Eagles secondary is still piss poor, and more investments are needed. Like a real Strong Safety. Elam has the Bob Sanders vibe about him, and really good safeties are still good even if they’re short. Hopefully he’s not injury prone like Bobby was.

36. :Lions: Johnthan Banks, CB, Miss St.

Coverage is always a problem in Detroit. Resigning Delmas and Houston is a good start, but Banks will help even more against top flight WR’s. He’s lanky, aggressive and fits wonderfully in the Lions defensive scheme.

37. :Bengals: via :Raiders: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Dalton needs more reliable weapons. Gresham has a lot of talent, but he’s often a liability as a blocker or a liability with his hands. Ertz is an all around talent as a tight end that you don’t want to take off the field on certain situations.

38. :jags: via :Cardinals: (33 for 38 and 103): Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

The next step after getting your franchise QB is making an effort to protect him. The Jags were destroyed down the middle of their offensive line this year. A big mauler like Warford is gonna change that perception I’m sure.

39. :Jets: EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State

I think Barkley would be the better choice to replace Sanchez, but I can’t see the Jets possibly replacing him with someone from USC. There has to be some decision made here at QB, and it can’t be “We’re sticking with Sanchez!”

40. :Titans: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

The Titans choices of WR’s are problematic. Britt has a myriad of issues to deal with, Washington is hit or miss, and Wright is young but showed no signs of explosion last year. Hopkins has great deep speed, good hands and a good head on his shoulders. I think he’s definitely worth a look.

41. :Broncos: trade with :Bills: (28 for 41 and 71) Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

We do need a defensive end pretty badly. If Okafor shows even a smidgen of talent against the run he’ll help our defense more than Doom did last year.

42. :dolphins: Datone Jones, DE/DT, UCLA

Jones would make a strong compliment to Wake in Miami, he has a lot of raw power which would be great for moving guys around on those tough offensive lines in the East.

43. :Bucs: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

Big run on defensive ends here, but the Bucs need a guy to replace Michael Bennett. There are too many injury prone guys on that line, so refilling is a necessity.

44. :panthers: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

Well the Panthers have quite a few holes on defense, Alford would help their anemic pass coverage just a little bit. Still a lot of holes to fix though.

45. :Browns: via :Chargers: John Jenkins, NT, Georgia

Will the Browns DLine has a lot of talented players, it’s always good to have some rotational guys ready at any time. Having a massive load up front will help stop guys like Ray Rice and John Dwyer.

46. :Vikings: trade with :Rams: (46 for 52 and 93) – Kawaan Short, DT, Purdue

And with this the Vikings have address three major needs with good players. Short is a great interior rusher and would immediately contribute to the aging defensive line.

47. :Cowboys: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

The boys need a back to take the heat off of Murray, especially if he won’t play all 16 games again this season.

48. :dolphins: from :Steelers: (48 and 114 for 54 and 82): Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse

The Dolphins offensive line is incredibly depleted, so spending another pick here does make sense. Pugh and Fluker could move nearly anywhere on that offensive line and still be an improvement.

49. :Giants: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pinebluff

RT: David Diehl. FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT.

50. :Bears: Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU

This might be low for Minter, but I have a feeling he slides. The Bears need a long term replacement for Urlacher. Minter has great instincts, but he’ll never be the speed demon Urlacher was. Hoever the tools to be a great Mike backer are there, he just needs some coaching up from veterans like Briggs and Peppers to fit in nicely.

Edited by RazorStar

I would be absolutely IRATE if the Steelers traded out of Minter in the 2nd round after passing on all of the other ILBs I've wanted for years. SEAN LEE.

• Upvote 1

We have 5 TEs on the roster :facepalm: Don't need 6.

Cut Mulligan and Finley then...

• Upvote 1

27. :Texans: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Pick a WR, any WR. The Texans have needed a number 2 for years, and in a couple of years they’ll need a number 1. So just grab a guy already.

Do-Not-Want.gif

Injury prone, and has cement bricks for hands... :Suicide:

So you and goat really think Te'o goes in the first?

Someone takes a shot on him. He was a top 5 prospect prior to his bowl game

So you and goat really think Te'o goes in the first?

Yep, seems like these types of dudes always go in the first somehow despite not belonging there (i.e. Tebow.) Truthfully he's a late 2nd to 3rd prospect for me. But I think someone takes him in the first. Kind of like how Jarvis Jones shouldn't go in the first but will.

• Upvote 1

Cut Mulligan and Finley then...

Finley already got like a $3 million dollar bonus. If anything he will get traded on draft day. I hope that's the case, but I am not counting on it.