JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Guest Phailadelphia

The Mavs "should have" been 1-1 or up 2-0 on the Thunder last year too. Ask them how that went.

If I was a bigger NBA fan I'd care more, but I just am not.

The Mavs "should have" been 1-1 or up 2-0 on the Thunder last year too. Ask them how that went.

Your Thunder don't need any help from the grey shirts, but they had plenty in the second half last night.

Your Thunder don't need any help from the grey shirts, but they had plenty in the second half last night.

I will say Beverly's play was refreshing, I don't wish injuries on players but glad Lin was out.

Guest Phailadelphia

If you really want to talk about officiating, care to comment on Harden shooting only 4 less free throws than the entire OKC team?

If you really want to talk about officiating, care to comment on Harden shooting only 4 less free throws than the entire OKC team?

The Thunder settle for more jump shots than the Rockets do, and Harden drives constantly. Do the math.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery to repair a torn meniscus he suffered in game 2.

So...Heat are champions?

So...Heat are champions?

Well that's been known for a while now...

I still think the Thunder could've pulled it off if Westbrook played like he's capable of. Without him, no chance. They'd need a top level shooting guard, but those are really hard to come by. :p

IDK how I completely didn't catch Westbrook going down. Did this happen in the game against the Rockets? I heard a lot of talks about the refs but none about Westbrook.

It'd be the ultimate story of KD caries the Thunder all the way now. ESPN would be all over this.

Without Russell Westbrook...the Rockets might win this series. I'm serious. He was killing Houston. Now they can concentrate on defending Durant and staying up on Ibaka. So don't let Martin score 30.

This could definitely result in Houston winning the series. I'm not being optimistic. I'm being realistic. I'd still bet on the Thunder in 6 or 7, but this definitely changes things.

The Thunder without Westbrook are still significantly better, it changes nothing this series.

The only thing it changes is that if Westbrook doesn't come back or doesn't come back at full strength for the rest of the playoffs, the Thunder have no shot of winning the title and probably won't make it out of the West.

• Upvote 1

"That's a freakish accident, that play," Grizzlies forward Tayshaun Prince said. "I'm pretty sure the Oklahoma City fans will be pretty pissed off at Beverly."

Fuck Patrick Beverly.

The Rockets are finished either way, Bware. Don't kid yourself.

This could definitely result in Houston winning the series. I'm not being optimistic. I'm being realistic. I'd still bet on the Thunder in 6 or 7, but this definitely changes things.

It definitely gives them a better chance, but its still pretty optimistic to say that. I might give Houston a shot if this was at the start of the series, but down 2-0 is too big of a hole. Durant is still an amazing player.

Fuck Patrick Beverly.

The Rockets are finished either way, Bware. Don't kid yourself.

Does anyone have a link to the play? I saw the second half and have no idea what Beverly did.

The Thunder now have only two players who score the ball at a high rate in Durant and Martin, and Ibaka can but doesn't always drop that many points. Otherwise, you're depending on a lot of hit or miss offensive players (Thabo, Collison, Jackson, etc.). The Thunder are losing a big part of their scoring, not to mention the player that was thrashing the Rockets the worst of them all. If Houston can snag game 3 tonight, it greatly improves their chances, especially if they can take game 4, as well.

Can't believe people are saying this was dirty. I saw the game on NBA tv and it wasn't. He was going for the ball before the whistle sounded off.

I'm hearing that he's officially done for the rest of the playoffs. Which really does suck. This playoff was already anti-climatic before hand, now it's even worse.

Does anyone have a link to the play? I saw the second half and have no idea what Beverly did.

The Thunder now have only two players who score the ball at a high rate in Durant and Martin, and Ibaka can but doesn't always drop that many points. Otherwise, you're depending on a lot of hit or miss offensive players (Thabo, Collison, Jackson, etc.). The Thunder are losing a big part of their scoring, not to mention the player that was thrashing the Rockets the worst of them all. If Houston can snag game 3 tonight, it greatly improves their chances, especially if they can take game 4, as well.

The Rockets only have one player who scores the ball at a high rate, so the Thunder still have the advantage.

• Upvote 1

While I don't believe Houston is likely to win the series, James Harden being the Rocket's main scoring threat shouldn't deter everyone from the fact that they have a pretty explosive offense because of the pace they play.

With a team like the Rockets it's not even about trying to match scorer with scorer, it's more about trying to match the pace at which they score, and how many points they score. Or slowing them down.

Losing the player who takes up more possessions a game then anyone else in the NBA outside of Melo is a pretty big deal, and it doesn't help. And if the Thunder defense doesn't play as they did in game 1, things could get interesting for real.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

- Lakers: Kobe Bryant

- Celtics: Rajon Rondo

- Bulls: Derrick Rose

- Warriors: David Lee

- Thunder: Russell Westbrook

- Pacers: Danny Granger

- Nuggets: Danilo Gallinari

- Spurs: Tiago Splitter

- Knicks: Amar'e Stoudamire

Seriously as if the Heat needed help winning the championship...

Yeah, the Beverly play wasn't dirty at all. There's no knowing for sure that a player's going to call a timeout, and I've seen PGs use that slow walk up to bait a defense into relaxing before. There is no way in hell that play was dirty.

Didn't think it was possible with the way the Clippers started off, but Memphis has pretty much shut down every on the Clipper's squad not named Blake Griffin and Chris Paul.

Mad respect.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah, the Beverly play wasn't dirty at all. There's no knowing for sure that a player's going to call a timeout, and I've seen PGs use that slow walk up to bait a defense into relaxing before. There is no way in hell that play was dirty.

It wasn't dirty, but it was absolutely a dumb play.