JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Not sure who I would rather the Spurs play next round. Both present intriguing matchups. Steph Curry is the best pure shooter I have ever seen.

OKC fans: who would you like to play next round? Assuming the Clippers especially with that Blake Griffin injury. Memphis does have trouble scoring at times though and if they fall behind OKC when they go on their 15 point runs it would pretty much be game over.

Vinny Del Negro is a terrible coach.

Guest Phailadelphia

Not sure who I would rather the Spurs play next round. Both present intriguing matchups. Steph Curry is the best pure shooter I have ever seen.

OKC fans: who would you like to play next round? Assuming the Clippers especially with that Blake Griffin injury. Memphis does have trouble scoring at times though and if they fall behind OKC when they go on their 15 point runs it would pretty much be game over.

Vinny Del Negro is a terrible coach.

Memphis. The idea of Reggie Jackson having to guard Chris Paul for a playoff series is just bad.

When the 2nd best player on your team can only play 20 minutes and scores 4 points, you're probably not going to win that game. Especially when that player can get the other team's two best players in foul trouble if he's on his game.

The Clippers walk outta there with a W if Blake was healthy last night.

When your second best player on your team is Blake Griffin, you have some serious issues.

Dude's a joke. So long as Gasol and Randolph don't get in to foul trouble, Griffin is completely dominated by them. Griffin can't hang with either one. Griffin could have played the entire game healthy and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference, not with Randolph staying out of foul trouble, and Gasol only getting in to it in the 4th, especially with both Z-Bo and Gasol being on their game.

Griffin gets all the love cause he gets all those flashy dunks, but it's now been shown what happens when he has to go up against big men who actually know how to get it done in the paint.

They need to get Chris Paul some actual help in LAC, or they're never winning anything more than a division title.

Guest Phailadelphia

They need to get Chris Paul some actual help in LAC, or they're never winning anything more than a division title.

Does anyone really believe Chris Paul is going to spend what's left remaining of his "prime" playing for Donald Sterling and Vinny Del Negro?

When the 2nd best player on your team can only play 20 minutes and scores 4 points, you're probably not going to win that game. Especially when that player can get the other team's two best players in foul trouble if he's on his game.

The Clippers walk outta there with a W if Blake was healthy last night.

And that's why Memphis beat LAC fairly easily with a healthy Griffin in the two games prior, right?

Blake Griffin is a momentum swing, but he's only that momentary. He's not a game changer; he's not going to do anything after that sweet dunk.

What did you guys think of Faried sticking his foot out at Curry's ankle last night? Talk about cheap bullshit.

Memphis. The idea of Reggie Jackson having to guard Chris Paul for a playoff series is just bad.

Thabo?

I'd rather play the Clippers. Paul would likely go off, but I'd rather risk that than risk taking on Memphis's defense without Russell.

I think Chris might be too fast for Thabo, but who knows.

Guest Phailadelphia

Thabo?

Brooks would be too stubborn to make that move until game 3 probably, and by then it'd be too late.

LAC is not a real threat to OKC. Memphis is.

Memphis has the kind of bigs that can battle with Perk. LAC doesn't. Perk and Ibaka would nullify Griffin and Jordan with ease.

I just hope(if it is Memphis-OKC), that it's as good as the series 2 years ago. That was quite the epic matchup. Kinda doubt Memphis would be able to pull it out, but should still be fun anyway.

I think Chris might be too fast for Thabo, but who knows.

If Tony wasn't too fast for Thabo, then CP3 won't be either.

I think Memphis would be more trouble for OKC but I don't see the Thunder losing to either.

I just hope(if it is Memphis-OKC), that it's as good as the series 2 years ago. That was quite the epic matchup. Kinda doubt Memphis would be able to pull it out, but should still be fun anyway.

minus Westrook I think Memphis would be the favorite in the current matchup. Tonight's OKC-Houston game will show us if the Thunder are truly vulnerable. They should blow the Rockets out but I don't see it being that easy, right now. Asik causes too much trouble in the middle so OKC needs to be hot from the outside.

Bware, you believe too much in the old school style of basketball where teams with dominant big men have the advantage over other teams and its just not true anymore in today's NBA. It showed last year with the Miami/OKC finals.

It's a small game now with dominant perimeter players being the deciding factor and athleticism and versatility is key.

• Upvote 1

Bware, you believe too much in the old school style of basketball where teams with dominant big men have the advantage over other teams and its just not true anymore in today's NBA. It showed last year with the Miami/OKC finals.

It's a small game now with dominant perimeter players being the deciding factor and athleticism and versatility is key.

And what about LAC's perimeter players has been anything but mediocre (excluding CP, obviously)?

NY, you're too "this is how it is" with your posts, and then you throw shots at people for disagreeing with you. This is a discussion website. What do you really expect?

And that's why Memphis beat LAC fairly easily with a healthy Griffin in the two games prior, right?

Blake Griffin is a momentum swing, but he's only that momentary. He's not a game changer; he's not going to do anything after that sweet dunk.

You do realize that Griffin hasn't been healthy all postseason. Right? He's been dealing with back spasms for a long time now. And that was BEFORE landing on Odom's foot in practice a couple days ago.

I think it's hilarious how much people are dogging Blake Griffin for not being able to single handily out-produce arguably the best front court in the NBA. There is no other player down low who demands any kind of attention outside of Griffin for LA, which allows them to focus on Griffin.

Defensively down low, Griffin's too undersized to handle either one of the two, and not savy enough to handle the two Why VDN allows for Gruffin to keep ending up against Gasol is a mystery. DeAndre Jordan is just an athletic idiot who doesn't understand rotations... Same with the other bigs.

NY is absolutely right to say that the Clippers woulda won if Griffin was healthy because he's averaging 15 points for the series, and just came off a game where he scored 19... And scored 4 last night, he coulda easily made the difference.

Either way it's the Clipper's not being able to make jumpers more then anything that has allowed them to win.

Also I completely agree with NY on the impact of perimeter players, it's pretty much common sense at this point, that the teams with the 6'7+ guys who can shoot are some of the better. All the dominating in the post by the Memphis Grizzlies would mean nothing if the Clippers stretch forwards made more of the jumpers they are taking. As would the amount of attention put on Griffin inside.

As much as I hate the Celtics it would be quite hilarious for Melo to choke away a 3-0 series lead...

Kevin Martin couldn't have picked a worse game to completely suck

Guest Phailadelphia

He's not getting outcoached. His players aren't executing. KD has no help out there.

Guest Phailadelphia

Nevermind. Brooks is indeed being outcoached.

He's not getting outcoached. His players aren't executing. KD has no help out there.

Yeah, they really just need another quality guard to step it up with Westbrook out. Too bad its really hard to find one of those. :troll:

Incidentally though, fuck hack-an-Asik. I don't know how the NBA hasnt made it so you dont lose possession on off ball fouls yet.

OKC lost because they got ravaged down low and inside paint. They were weak as hell. No, having the big bodies doesn't guarantee you anything, but that's how you take it to Miami. Play them hard, rough them up in the paint on their drives to the basket which look so easy... Put them on their asses and any team can beat the Heat.

Trying to outplay them in the sense of what the game is today, speed and athleticism, will get you beat. And probably beat badly.

DMac, I love the fact that you defend Griffin when most of the NBA fanbase hates him. You're right. He's better than most of us give him credit for.

At the same time, his limitations can be deadly, and I find that much more likely than the idea that he's consistently studly through a 7 game series.

NEVER thought Houston would win tonight. The one definitive way they lose in game 4 is if they go ice cold and play Jeremy Lin.

CUT Jeremy Lin in offseason 2013. Absolutely.