JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

If anything, the Rockets are the ones who have employed the small ball technique on the Thunder since game 2 by putting Parsons and I think Delfino (?) at the 4 to launch threes, which is probably the biggest reason the games have been closer (with or without Westbrook) opening up the space for drivers.

It's worked (working) for the GSWs and Barnes, NYK and Melo, Granger with IND. Only team that can take full advantage of the apposing team small balling is Memphis, and to a lesser extent a teams like Utah, and IND, cause they have the two big men (who never get fed the ball) and can work the size advantages. But even they become a liability when you play teams like Miami and OKC that can run the floor...

Edit; Granger is hurt... Ignore...

DMac, I love the fact that you defend Griffin when most of the NBA fanbase hates him. You're right. He's better than most of us give him credit for.

At the same time, his limitations can be deadly, and I find that much more likely than the idea that he's consistently studly through a 7 game series.

NEVER thought Houston would win tonight. The one definitive way they lose in game 4 is if they go ice cold and play Jeremy Lin.

CUT Jeremy Lin in offseason 2013. Absolutely.

I'll be the first to admit that he'll never be a #1 option, but he isn't the 1-dimensional guy he used to be. Actually he still is, but he's getting better and you can see it.. Even in this series (when he isn't flopping). I personally believe CP3 is the reason his growth has been minimal but that's for another day. Either way, I gotta stand up for my man. :D(no homo)

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

JR Smith is right,Knicks beat the Celtics with him in the lineup. Or do they?

This series is going back to Madison Square Garden :yep:

One other nice thing about this Rockets-Thunder series: I don't think anyone is gonna take Russell Westbrook for granted again.

I really worry that Houston can't take it to 7. What do you guys think?

^I think they can, and should. But they are young, inexperienced, and those kinda teams always lose games they should win.

Anyway, this goes up there with butfumble as one of the funniest things I've seen in the past couple of months.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/9f94d73515b9e36ff4e9705a6130fe9e_large

It wasn't a flop as much as it was both guys trying to draw charges. But still, pretty funny.

Guest Phailadelphia

Houston/OKC will probably go to 7 games, which I find both good and nerve racking. Good in the sense that this team needs to find both its offense & defense post-Westbrook. It hasn't done that yet. And they're young enough that a 7-game series isn't going to phase them. But it's nerve racking in that Harden can take over at any minute and help Houston record history in becoming the first team to win a series down 0-3. That new piece of history will forever have an asterisk next to it with Westbrook being done for the season, but it'd be awfully embarrassing for both the Thunder fans and players.

^I think they can, and should. But they are young, inexperienced, and those kinda teams always lose games they should win.

Anyway, this goes up there with butfumble as one of the funniest things I've seen in the past couple of months.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/9f94d73515b9e36ff4e9705a6130fe9e_large

It wasn't a flop as much as it was both guys trying to draw charges. But still, pretty funny.

I missed that, somehow. I was watching the game at a bar. You can see Fisher launch himself backwards lol.

There were a lot of terrible charge calls in last night's game, for both teams.

I still have to laugh at the people who thought trading Harden didn't hurt in the short-term because they got Kevin Martin back. Kevin Martin couldn't hold Harden's jock even before his breakout this year with Houston.

• Upvote 1

I really doubt CP3 is hurting Griffin's growth. When you have an elite PG he is going to make everyone better and Griffin would not be getting the same looks that he usually does, even if its just dunks.

I still have to laugh at the people who thought trading Harden didn't hurt in the short-term because they got Kevin Martin back. Kevin Martin couldn't hold Harden's jock even before his breakout this year with Houston.

As long as Westbrook was healthy, Martin was very good in the 6th man role. Can't predict injuries.

As long as Westbrook was healthy, Martin was very good in the 6th man role. Can't predict injuries.

But James Harden is so much better than Kevin Martin and his skill-set is much more ideal for a 6th man than being just a spot-up shooter.

I really doubt CP3 is hurting Griffin's growth. When you have an elite PG he is going to make everyone better and Griffin would not be getting the same looks that he usually does, even if its just dunks.

That's debatable. Griffin had arguably his best game last year without CP3 playing, and was still putting up great numbers when CP3 went out including flirting with triple doubles almost twice (although they lost half those games).

CP3 makes everyone around him better, but Griffin has been improving his game to the point where he'd be putting up great numbers regardless of having CP3 or not.

On some unrelated news, hopefully GS can finish this game, I'd be happy as hell.

Ugly win by the warriors tonight. if they play like that against the spurs, they wont last 6 games.

The Spurs aren't that good, and the Warriors won't play that poorly again.

Expect 7 between SA and GS.

Guest Phailadelphia

RT @DarnellMayberry Kevin Durant's response to Royce White's trash talk on Twitter: "Who is that?"

• Upvote 1

Very excited for this series between SA/GS. Look to hammer the ball into Tim early and often and let Bogut get into foul trouble. Bogut is awful at defending the PnR so we'll need to utilize that, which is one of our strengths. Somebody needs to stay in the same area code at Curry and Jarret Jack and hopefully our role players can hit their open looks. They have had tons of rest so everybody should be 100% (except Tiago).

The Spurs aren't that good

Hilarious.

Blotsfans moderately bold pick for tonight:

Thunder close it out.

• Upvote 1

Blotsfans moderately bold pick for tonight:

Thunder close it out.

Nah, Rockets will take this to a game 7.

And lol @ Royce White, that dude gets so much pub and has done nothing in the NBA.

In other news: WE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Lebron James fans like myself and the many alike will forever be salty about this being his 4th... and not his 5th...

Anyway it grinds my gears how people are attacking Deng for missing game 6 when he's arguably one of the NBA's biggest "warriors". When they have a former MVP on their bench who has been cleared to play for months now and won't play.

Anyway, there's a lot of action going on today. Should be a fun one.

Very excited for this series between SA/GS. Look to hammer the ball into Tim early and often and let Bogut get into foul trouble. Bogut is awful at defending the PnR so we'll need to utilize that, which is one of our strengths. Somebody needs to stay in the same area code at Curry and Jarret Jack and hopefully our role players can hit their open looks. They have had tons of rest so everybody should be 100% (except Tiago).

Hilarious.

Danny Green was already going cold in the last series. I wonder if he can show up this time around unlike last year.

EDIT: No disrespect meant toward you, man. I just don't believe in the Spurs. Anyway, just thought I'd clarify that as you don't come in here and give any of us any reason to be irritated with your posts.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Lebron James fans like myself and the many alike will forever be salty about this being his 4th... and not his 5th...

Anyway it grinds my gears how people are attacking Deng for missing game 6 when he's arguably one of the NBA's biggest "warriors". When they have a former MVP on their bench who has been cleared to play for months now and won't play.

Anyway, there's a lot of action going on today. Should be a fun one.

Shouldve been his 5th straight. But he will likely get that next year anyways. He could/should have double digit MVP awards before he retires.