Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

CPU SHOPPING HELP PLEASE...

I don't necessarily plan to buy one today or anything, but I am looking to get a new laptop in the near future. I'm not a gamer, and I don't own a business. I do a fair amount of downloading though (movies, music, etc...) and I am on the internet a fair amount. I need something that will multitask and won't have problems running multiple programs simultaneously and won't overheat or slow down much.

As some of you know, I dabble in music off and on, so I would like something with decent audio and visual recording capability, but I don't want to spend much more than 600 dollars. With so many options out there and my knowledge of these things being so limited, I could really use some advice on what to look for, what brands are the most reliable and stand the test of time, what specs really matter and which ones are just window dressing, etc...

I know some of you guys are very technology-savvy individuals, and I respect most opinions on the boards here. If any of you can help me, I'd really appreciate a little bit of your time and expertise.

Thanks in advance,

Durst

All I've got is brand advice, and Toshiba is by and far the best laptop I've ever owned.

• Upvote 1

Asus are the best laptops. It may run you from the 700 - 1k range though.

• Upvote 1

In your pricerange a Macbook is by far the most bang for your buck. They are designed for casual PC use and mass produced to pass some savings onto you.

Ps I will never own a Mac ever again, I hate the apple store. My true reccomendation would be invest 2k in an alienware. Mine is 5 years old and still comparable to a top of the line laptop from any other company. Its heavier but smokes modern laptops in speed, memory and battery life.

Get a Macbook if you're set on $600.

• Upvote 1

Talk to Zack, for sure. He knows his shit.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

In your pricerange a Macbook is by far the most bang for your buck. They are designed for casual PC use and mass produced to pass some savings onto you.

Ps I will never own a Mac ever again, I hate the apple store. My true reccomendation would be invest 2k in an alienware. Mine is 5 years old and still comparable to a top of the line laptop from any other company. Its heavier but smokes modern laptops in speed, memory and battery life.

Get a Macbook if you're set on $600.

I'll personally never buy an alienware. My brother owns one and he's had to call for a service tech probably about 4 or 5 times, not exaggerating either. I'd take a look at Lenovo or ibuypower has been getting a lot of positive feed back lately.

Edited by SteelersNation36
  • Upvote 1