Dutch

Which QB has the most pressure on him this season?

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB has the most pressure on him this season?

• Tony Romo
    • Christan Ponder
    • Matt Ryan
    • Sam Braford
    • Peyton Manning
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Matt Schaub
    • Josh Freeman
    • Michael Vick (assuming he starts)
    • Brandon Weeden
    • Mark Sanchez

-Peyton-For the playoffs. Super Bowl or bust and I actually kinda hate that he was put in this situation but it is what it is. He is 37 years old now and the clock is ticking loudly. And I have had my doubts ever since he went to Denver that he would ring there....

-I think many might quiet down a bit on the Matt Ryan thing since the Falcons managed to get a playoff win.

-I am not sure I feel much over the Sanchez thing, nobody seems to expect much from him anymore either.

-I think there is a lot of pressure on young Kaepernick too. The 49ers are not just expected to be a playoff team. They are expected to WIN the SUPER BOWL.

-If Michael Vick manages to stay healthy for most of the season I think a parade is in order lol.

-Romo? When isn't there pressure on that poor guy haha.

-I think there will be pressure on ELI Manning this year too. Home Super Bowl and Giants fans might have let last year pass since they were still drunk off the Super Bowl win but maybe not this season.

But, who doesn't have pressure?

Edited by Jules
  • Upvote 1

I think many might quiet down a bit on the Matt Ryan thing since the Falcons managed to get a playoff win.

I don't know. I think Falcons fans are getting tired of just making it to the playoffs and not getting anything out of it. The Falcons have a lot of talent and if they play like they do in the regular season, they can be a Superbowl team. I think Ryan will continue to be under the spotlight until he leads them to the Superbowl; He might want to do that soon seeing as Gonzo will be retiring soon.

I agree with all of your other points though. Welcome to the boards, BTW.

I don't know. I think Falcons fans are getting tired of just making it to the playoffs and not getting anything out of it. The Falcons have a lot of talent and if they play like they do in the regular season, they can be a Superbowl team. I think Ryan will continue to be under the spotlight until he leads them to the Superbowl; He might want to do that soon seeing as Gonzo will be retiring soon.

This is why I said Matt Ryan. The Julio Jones move, getting him all these weapons he has enough. Now a better RB in Steven Jackson replacing the used up Michael Turner and a solid defense. Time to get to a Super Bowl.

I agree with all of your other points though. Welcome to the boards, BTW.

You could be right, I really don't know the general feeling with the Falcons fanbase but it sounds a bit like what we went through with Manning before we finally got a Super Bowl win. Getting your hopes up every regular season. Granted I don't think Ryan is as good as Manning in his prime but I have known several Colts fans compare the Falcons to the early Colts. And we crossed paths with the Pats prime Super Bowl runs too so it was even tougher.

And heck does anyone in the NFC South even repeat as division winners every year? lol I will probably pick one of the other 3 to win the South this year.

[/size]

This is why I said Matt Ryan. The Julio Jones move, getting him all these weapons he has enough. Now a better RB in Steven Jackson replacing the used up Michael Turner and a solid defense. Time to get to a Super Bowl.

:yep:

Ryan couldn't ask for much more talent around him. Falcons need to make it to the Big Game.

You could be right, I really don't know the general feeling with the Falcons fanbase but it sounds a bit like what we went through with Manning before we finally got a Super Bowl win. Getting your hopes up every regular season. Granted I don't think Ryan is as good as Manning in his prime but I have known several Colts fans compare the Falcons to the early Colts. And we crossed paths with the Pats prime Super Bowl runs too so it was even tougher.

And heck does anyone in the NFC South even repeat as division winners every year? lol I will probably pick one of the other 3 to win the South this year.

Good comparision, they are similar, and I agree that Manning is/was better than Ryan is. Both teams had/have very explosive offenses with a lot of playmakers, are/were consistently contenders, etc. Peyton was able to bring a Lombardi to Indy. Now, Ryan has to do the same for the Falcons.

And yea, the NFC South literally changes division winners every year, it's ridiculous lol. I could honestly see any team winning it this year, it's a very competative division.

The Falcons are where the Eagles were not too long ago; superbowl or bust. The Falcons have everything they need to make a run for a Lombardi. Talented teams like they have don't last forever.

:yep:

Ryan couldn't ask for much more talent around him. Falcons need to make it to the Big Game.

Good comparision, they are similar, and I agree that Manning is/was better than Ryan is. Both teams had/have very explosive offenses with a lot of playmakers, are/were consistently contenders, etc. Peyton was able to bring a Lombardi to Indy. Now, Ryan has to do the same for the Falcons.

And yea, the NFC South literally changes division winners every year, it's ridiculous lol. I could honestly see any team winning it this year, it's a very competative division.

For me a lot hinges on what the Saints offer this year with Payton back. And if that defense improves since it was a joke last year. :rofl:

The Falcons are where the Eagles were not too long ago; superbowl or bust. The Falcons have everything they need to make a run for a Lombardi. Talented teams like they have don't last forever.

Oh btw did your new HC get rid of something called "Fast Food Friday"? I swear I heard that. :rofl:

If true your team is instantly better without all that garbage in their bodies!! :grinno:

For me a lot hinges on what the Saints offer this year with Payton back. And if that defense improves since it was a joke last year. :rofl:

Yea, having Payton back will be helpful. However, I'm not sure if switching to the 3-4 is going to help them because I don't really think they have the players to do it, but we'll see I guess.

Yea, having Payton back will be helpful. However, I'm not sure if switching to the 3-4 is going to help them because I don't really think they have the players to do it, but we'll see I guess.

The way I see it, they can't get much worst than last year; historically the worst defense in nfl history. Not having your coach present is going to take something from the team in general; not just a particular unit. I think having Payton back will make the team more sound. Saints are convering to a 3-4 and they picked up Rob Ryan who's defensive resume is mediocre at best. They went 8-8 with the historically worst defense in Nfl history and without their head coach which isn't bad at all when you think about it; especially having the worst defense ever. I can see them getting back into contention this year.

The way I see it, they can't get much worst than last year; historically the worst defense in nfl history. Not having your coach present is going to take something from the team in general; not just a particular unit. I think having Payton back will make the team more sound. Saints are convering to a 3-4 and they picked up Rob Ryan who's defensive resume is mediocre at best. They went 8-8 with the historically worst defense in Nfl history and without their head coach which isn't bad at all when you think about it; especially having the worst defense ever. I can see them getting back into contention this year.

This is what makes me hesitant on the Saints. I do not like Rob Ryan. The D could be the downfall of New Orleans again but their offense can sometimes carry them as usual for most games in the regular season. Does not mean they will make it to the SB though with that D or even to the division title.

I think I am trying too hard here to find someone new in the South. Panthers? Bucs? Can either surprise?

This is what makes me hesitant on the Saints. I do not like Rob Ryan. The D could be the downfall of New Orleans again but their offense can sometimes carry them as usual for most games in the regular season. Does not mean they will make it to the SB though with that D or even to the division title.

I think I am trying too hard here to find someone new in the South. Panthers? Bucs? Can either surprise?

IF (Big 'if'), Freeman shows us this year he can be the Franchise guy (definitely on the hotseat) and we stay healthy, I think the Bucs could make a run at the division. We were 7-9 last year, and that was with one of the worst pass defenses in NFL history and a lot of crucial injuries. With just an average pass defense last year, I think we could have made the playoffs. The secondary is completely revamped now as we added 2 All Pro's (Revis and Goldson) over the off-season and drafted Jonathan Banks so I think as long as we stay healthy and Freeman shows us he can be the guy, the Bucs could possibly make a run at the division title.

• Upvote 1

Oh btw did your new HC get rid of something called "Fast Food Friday"? I swear I heard that. :rofl:

If true your team is instantly better without all that garbage in their bodies!! :grinno:

Yeah, I think I saw that headline somewhere too lol. Didn't read it though.

The offense carried the worst defense in NFL history to 7-9. That's still pretty dam impressive imo. It really can't get worse than last year and I think Paytons presence will have the team playing harder. The Bucs are a real wild card imo. Boom or bust. We all seemed to unintentionally derail the thread kinda lol. I made the perfect thread for this talk: http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65261-who-wins-the-nfc-south-in-2013/

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

The more I think about it why not Eli Manning? With that fanbase, that city, that media and a home Super Bowl? :corn:

You know it's only a matter of time before they start hyping up a Peyton/Eli Super Bowl which never happens even though I have been hearing about it since Eli came in the league. Or Brady vs. Eli.......the rematch part 3. Sigh. Manning vs. Manning or New York vs. Boston in NY/NJ!!!!

Besides, I swear the Giants almost always start 6-2. I never looked it up but a Giants fan once told me this. After 6-2 it's just a matter of them either making the playoffs or falling apart.

Oh and Romo, poor bastard. I actually think he is underrated but he has the worst luck I have EVER seen. :yep:

The one with the worst offensive line.

Lol, witty.

I have to say Joe Flacco.

He was bought and paid for on the potential of what he could be in the regular season. If he wants to keep every dime of that obscene fortune he has to produce consistently in the regular season. The caveat is if he limps in and has another historic post season than it will again quell the masses.

If not though, I am not sure the media can rag on him much more but if there is a chance they will and he will earn the ire of his fanbase.

• Upvote 1

I have to say Joe Flacco.

He was bought and paid for on the potential of what he could be in the regular season. If he wants to keep every dime of that obscene fortune he has to produce consistently in the regular season. The caveat is if he limps in and has another historic post season than it will again quell the masses.

If not though, I am not sure the media can rag on him much more but if there is a chance they will and he will earn the ire of his fanbase.

Good post. I forgot about Mr. SB MVP and his big contract. :grinno:

Yeah I want to see if he can become consistent as well. I ususually feel every offseason that the Ravens will end up in the playoffs though regardless. Too well coached and well run.

Yep, what a postseason by Flacco though. I was damn impressed.

Edited by Jules

With Flacco, contract or not, he just won a superbowl. All these other QBs have pressure in order to get where Flacco is; a superbowl winning QB. No pressure in my eyes. He could bomb and completely suck this year. He still has hardware and you can never take that away. Not like he would get cut after 1 bad season anyway.

Edited by dutchff7

Its gotta be Romo. I really believe that he will step up though. I have faith that the line will be better along with the run game and defense. Its a homer answer but I am who I am!!!!

post-8675-0-43581900-1369324409_thumb.jpeg

Denver brought in Welker so they're going all in for a Super Bowl. Pressure's definitely on Manning in that regard.

Sanchez is the other big choice for me, followed by Weeden. The Browns are building a quality team. They desperately need at least average QB play for once. Can Weeden do it?

Not going to change my vote but Sanchez is definitely feeling more pressure than any QB in the league at the moment. Sanchez is already in jeopardy losing the starting job the first day into OTA's throwing 3 interceptions. It's not even training camp yet.

Not going to change my vote but Sanchez is definitely feeling more pressure than any QB in the league at the moment. Sanchez is already in jeopardy losing the starting job the first day into OTA's throwing 3 interceptions. It's not even training camp yet.

And one of them to a nose tackle nicknamed "Snacks" lol

• Upvote 1

You are probably right. If you are in danger of losing your job before TC even starts then that is big time pressure. Already hearing as well that Sanchez is throwing picks in practice....not good.

Even if a guy like Peyton doesn't win another playoff game he will still go down with his legacy in tact in Indy and to the HOF.