Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

As I Lay Dying's Tim Lambesis Accused of Hiring Someone to Murder His Estranged Wife

As I Lay Dying Frontman Tim Lambesis Arrested over Plot to Kill Wife

By Emily Zemler, The Hollywood Reporter | May 07, 2013 11:23 PM EDT

TIM LAMBESIS, singer of metal band As I Lay Dying, was arrested on charges he attempted to hire someone to kill his wife, according to NBC San Diego. Lambesis reportedly solicited an undercover detective to kill his wife, a resident of Encinitas.

The musician was arrested at a local business in Oceanside around 2 p.m. Tuesday, according to the San Diego Sheriff's Department, and police are investigating. Lambesis, 32, was booked into the Vista Detention Facility and has been charged with solicitation of another to commit murder.

As I Lay Dying, which has released numerous albums, including 2012’s "Awakened," is scheduled to tour the States with Killswitch Engage beginning later in May. Lambesis and his bandmates are noted Christians and participate in humanitarian action fairly frequently. The singer has three children, all of whom he adopted from Ethiopia. It is unclear what his relationship is to his wife, who NBC reports as “estranged.”

Neither the band nor their record, Metal Blade, have commented on the situation. Lambesis remains in custody in the Vista Detention Facility.

:(

To me, this has scam written all over it. I'm going to go with innocent until proven guilty for the time being. This is one of my favorite bands, one of my absolute favorite vocalists.

I really really hope this isn't true. This band is finished without him.

37630072.jpg

Not a fan? Lol

He reportedly solicited an undercover detective to kill his wife? That sounds like some damning evidence.

Innocent until proven guilty, yeah, but this doesn't look good for him right now ...

First of all how fucking stupid are you that you want to REALLY kil your wife, get a divorce if it's that bad. Second why the does anyone try to hire someone to kill anyone anymore, you always hear about them getting caught.

Edited by SteelersNation36

First of all how fucking stupid are you that you want to REALLY kil your wife, get a divorce if it's that bad. Second why the does anyone try to hire someone to kill anyone anymore, you always hear about them getting caught.

It sounds like a flat out scam or a case of mental instability that would hold some weight in court. I know for a fact that Tim isn't this stupid.

Also, and I'm not saying this to justify what he supposedly did, but we all know how manipulative a spouse who feels entitled to your assets can be. You combine that with mental instability and look what you've got, something like this.

I have decided that I firmly believe this isn't nearly as cut and dried as it's presented, and I will view it that way regardless of whether or not he's convicted.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 1

^ LOL

It sounds like a flat out scam or a case of mental instability that would hold some weight in court. I know for a fact that Tim isn't this stupid.

Also, and I'm not saying this to justify what he supposedly did, but we all know how manipulative a spouse who feels entitled to your assets can be. You combine that with mental instability and look what you've got, something like this.

I have decided that I firmly believe this isn't nearly as cut and dried as it's presented, and I will view it that way regardless of whether or not he's convicted.

Jesus christ

Denial much?