Sign in to follow this  
housemd

RG3 on the field and throwing passes

Robert Griffin III (knee) was throwing passes as the Redskins opened OTAs Thursday.

Griffin worked off to the side with other Redskins rehabbing from surgery. He dropped back, planted his leg and didn't appear to have any trouble moving or throwing. For a player not even five months removed from reconstructive surgery, it's impressive. All the whispers that Griffin is ahead of schedule appear to have merit.

YEP! It's very reassuring to see this going on too. I do wonder though, if he will sport that knee brace for the rest of his career? But anyways this still puts a big smile on my face! :biggrin:

HTTR!!!!!!

Edited by DCskinz75

Now I’m not a Redskins fan as you can tell, but I’m rather impressed by what I’ve seen so far by RGIII. His play has exceeded rookie expectations and is an exciting player to watch. He’s very well spoken and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Plus he does and says the right things. I wish him all the best and a quick recovery.

It still looked to me that he was limping after running some short sprints. But that could be because of the brace, though.

I am also trying to temper my expectations. Don't want to get too excited and be let down if he doesn't feel ready for week one.

HTTR.

Backup Redskins QB Kirk Cousins expects Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) to be ready for Week 1.

"Robert looked awesome (in OTAs), and I’m not just saying that," Cousins said on NFL AM Monday. "He is a bit of a freak in terms of his athleticism, he has healed very quickly. He couldn’t practice with us, but he was on a separate field doing drills all spring during OTAs and minicamp. He looked really good." Cousins has insisted he'll prepare as if he's the starter, but it's clear he no longer expects that to be the case. At this point, it's fair to begin calling RGIII's recovery Peterson-esque.

I hope so. I want to face a healthy RGIII in the opening night of Monday Night Football.

I don't care. I'm tired of hearing about this kid. Other players had bad injuries, too.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I don't care. I'm tired of hearing about this kid. Other players had bad injuries, too.

I think the reason why he's gotten so much exposure is for marketing on the Redskins behalf. They haven't had anyone people cared about in a very long time.

• Upvote 1

Good to hear. The only thing that I think sucks is that I will probably have to go some time again without seein Cousins on the field. Too bad for Cousins, he's got a lot of potential, it's going to take an injury to RG3 or a trade (probably to a bad team) for him to get a solid opportunity.

Before I say this, I want it to be known that I realize it is said that it is much easier to re-injure those ligaments after they have been torn once. However, with the position RG3 is in and his body type... I really think he may be looking at a great career washed away by injuries. That could be solved, but he needs to change his approach a little and make better decisions both in the pocket and on the run.

A lot of people feel the same way, including myself. However, I know you've watched RG3 as everyone has, he's not a "run first" guy when he drops back. Obviously that Redskins offense is keyed into the option offense right now, but if they feel that they want to lengthen his career, they can tone some of that down. RG3 has a great arm and he can throw the ball as well as anyone I think we've ever seen come out of college. His legs are a great asset to him but I think we will see him stand in the pocket a bit more this season.