DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Guest Phailadelphia

Are the Rockets really better now than OKC, SA, LAC or GS?

Not really.

They're probably better than LAC and GS but I'd still take OKC and SAS over them.

As others have said it really depends on if Dwight can return to his 09 Orlando Magic form. If he does and they surround him with the right players...look out

@SportsCenter

BREAKING: Celtics have announced Brad Stevens as their new head coach. Stevens served as coach at Butler University for past 6 years.

I hope he does well so badly and can shock the league sometime. Love Brad Stevens!!! :party:

K. Now that I've gotten over my couple-hours emo state to think rationally I'm not as PO'ed anymore about the move.

Still not a fan of it, but I'm actually curious as to how long this front court of Drummond-Monroe-Smith is gonna last before major changes are made to the lineup.

Our defense should be a lot of fun to watch, but just the thought of of two young guys having their offensive development stunted and Smith chucking up shots is going to be as equally horrifying. I hope I'm just wrong about all of this.

I also hope Moose has really been working on that 17-footer...

Not better than Golden State? Signing Iggy doesn't make up for losing Jack and Landry, so they gotta do something else, too.

I don't see San Antonio competing for the Finals again, personally, but OKC and Houston have to surpass them before that's certain.

As OKC stands, I don't see how they're still better than Houston. They have 3 guys and then nothing.

Guest Phailadelphia

You overrate bench play in the playoffs. And when it comes down to Houston vs OKC in a series, and until Howard proves he's 2011 Howard, OKC still has the 2 best players on the court.

You overrate bench play in the playoffs. And when it comes down to Houston vs OKC in a series, and until Howard proves he's 2011 Howard, OKC still has the 2 best players on the court.

I'll take Harden over Westbrook. Every time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jarret Jack :rock:. Got a guy who can score off the bench. Now onto filling our Center position.

Also Casspi is garbage, I'm glad he is gone.

Edited by Bucman

I'll take Harden over Westbrook. Every time.

Ew no.

And is Houston's 3 in the Big 3 really going to be Chandler Parsons? LOL.

lol

FULL TANK MODE. LeBron James in 2014.

MCW

Wiggins

Lebron

Thad

Noel

Sixers 2014-2015 NBA Champions :yep:

Posted by Jodie Meeks on twitter..

dwight-howard-jodie-meeks-instagram-300x300.jpg

Ew no.

And is Houston's 3 in the Big 3 really going to be Chandler Parsons? LOL.

lol

I don't think anybody's calling them a big 3, but if Chandler takes more strides and becomes a more consistent scorer, they might end up as a big 3. I mean, hell, Parsons is essentially Kawhi Leonard. Leonard gets the edge defensively; Parsons is a better scorer. Outside of that, they're remarkably similar.

Carter-Williams had 9 TOs :rofl:

Oladipo with 18/6/6 in his first summer league game. Good stuff.

Any Chicago fans here? If so, what are you thinking?

You overrate Superstar power. Miami struggled against a team with no star for 7 games and then had to beat a San Antonio team that had 3 aging stars, two of which who are far out of their primes.

There's a reason George Hill and Lance Stephenson were so vital for the Pacers, Danny Green and Gary Neal for the Spurs. Role players matter. Kevin Durant couldn't beat Memphis by himself because Memphis' role players ravaged OKC's.

Houston is, imo, currently better than OKC on paper. Especially with Brooks still coaching OKC. Scott Brooks' rotations are almost as bad as Kevin McHale's, but at least McHale develops talent.

I don't think it's any secret that people are now questioning Sam Presti, as they should.

Edited by BwareDWare94

What talent has McHale developed? You have one starter on your team you drafted.

Guest Phailadelphia

You overrate Superstar power. Miami struggled against a team with no star for 7 games and then had to beat a San Antonio team that had 3 aging stars, two of which who are far out of their primes.

There's a reason George Hill and Lance Stephenson were so vital for the Pacers, Danny Green and Gary Neal for the Spurs. Role players matter. Kevin Durant couldn't beat Memphis by himself because Memphis' role players ravaged OKC's.

Houston is, imo, currently better than OKC on paper. Especially with Brooks still coaching OKC. Scott Brooks' rotations are almost as bad as Kevin McHale's, but at least McHale develops talent.

I don't think it's any secret that people are now questioning Sam Presti, as they should.

You say I overrate superstar power as if Indiana or San Antonio own those series. Guess why they didn't? Lebron. A super star. San Antonio played Miami so well because of their system of ball movement and because they have the best PF to ever play the game on their team, even if he is old as hell. He's still insanely good.

Your argument about KD vs Memphis is invalid because Westbrook wasn't on the court. The team is built around 2 guys.

Brooks can't develop talent? Because he hasn't been coaching KD, Westbrook, Harden, Jackson, Ibaka, Sefolosha, Green, and how many other guys who are all legitimately good/great players if not, in KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden's case, all-stars and/or all-NBA players. But yeah, McHale must be so great a talent developer that every player but 1-2 on his team had to be traded for.

People questioning Sam Presti are stupid, to be honest.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Brooks can't develop talent? Because he hasn't been coaching KD, Westbrook, Harden, Jackson, Ibaka, Sefolosha, Green, and how many other guys who are all legitimately great players if not, in KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden's case, all-stars and/or all-NBA players. But yeah, McHale must be so great a talent developer that every player but 1-2 on his team had to be traded for.

People questioning Sam Presti are stupid, to be honest.

In b4 Bware says they were top talents so they don't count.

Guest Phailadelphia

In b4 Bware says they were top talents so they don't count.

Part of me believes BWare is going to point to Harden's best season of his career as proof of McHale's developmental talents, which of course ignores the fact that Harden was traded to Houston like 5 days before the season started.

Part of me believes BWare is going to point to Harden's best season of his career as proof of McHale's developmental talents, which of course ignores the fact that Harden was traded to Houston like 5 days before the season started.

McHale has developed 1 player on that team and its Parsons.

Rockets are buying a championship. Most of the team has either been traded for or signed.

Edited by Bucman

Burke played like shit. 1-12 shooting :rofl:.

I'm interested to see Lamb in this game.