DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Davis has enough of an offensive game. Both have enough athletic ability to be a force. There was no reason to trade for Jrue Holliday when they already had a very good point guard.

Holiday is a great starting PG, they can have Greivis Vasquez come off the bench.

Deshaun Thomas drafted by San Antonio... I waited all that time for that, NBA???

:(

looks like the Sixers want to tank this year. Without Holiday this team is going to be pretty awful offensively. They should have a real good pick next year. Maybe they get a franchise changing player. Not only could they be set up with a high first and a probable decent first from the Pelicans, but they'll have a lot of money on the books for FA's to possibly come and team up. If one or both of these picks pan out the Sixers could be pretty set up. They could also move Thadeus Young. The only contract that hurts the Sixers in the long term atm is Jason Richardson. Going into 2014 not counting Noel's or Carter Williams' deals the Sixers could have like 16 million the books, 17 million if they decide to keep Moultrie.

DeShaun Thomas reportedly wouldn’t give the Spurs his telephone number during the draft process :shifty:

I'm happ with the Magic draft, Oladipo is a Hennigan kind of guy for sure. Hard worker, good attitude and room to improve. Romero Osby was pretty productive for Oklahoma and has the same traits of being a hard worker. It will be tough for him to make the team so I won't look into it much.

Next steps:

-Cutting Hedo Tukoglu and buying out Al Harrington

-Finding a way to acquire a young PG with some upside

-Look to move Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis, maybe for previously mentioned young PG

We're still gonna suck this year, but there is young talent on the roster. We just need to keep getting rid of vets and adding more youngsters to grow while we look towards the 2014 draft.

Our biggest obstacle is going to be getting rid of Gortat, Scola, and Beasley somehow. :Suicide:

The Suns have a lot of obstacles lol, that team is pretty bad and they really don't have any young prospects worth a whole lot. They gotta hope to hit it big in that 2014 draft.

Trading for KG and Pierce...

NJbro_1.jpg

Drafting Mason fucking Plumlee...

alg_nets_bagheads.jpg

What are you going to do with 2 bigs that don't have any offensive game?

Block City. Duh.

I'm ok with the Bennett pick. I wasn't enamored with any of the picks at #1 but I know I didn't want Len or Noel after doing some research on them. I hope Noel turns into a KG type player, but he needs to develop a J.

Bennett kinda reminds me of Larry Johnson a bit from his highlight reels. Since we already have Tristan Thompson playing the 4, I wonder what we're going to do with him. Perhaps split time between the 4 and 5 with Bennett and Tyler Zeller.

Since we needed a SF and didn't go after one, I wonder if the Cavs are hoping to make a deal with another team to send TT and some picks next year?

I'm ok with the Bennett pick. I wasn't enamored with any of the picks at #1 but I know I didn't want Len or Noel after doing some research on them. I hope Noel turns into a KG type player, but he needs to develop a J.

Bennett kinda reminds me of Larry Johnson a bit from his highlight reels. Since we already have Tristan Thompson playing the 4, I wonder what we're going to do with him. Perhaps split time between the 4 and 5 with Bennett and Tyler Zeller.

Since we needed a SF and didn't go after one, I wonder if the Cavs are hoping to make a deal with another team to send TT and some picks next year?

I was reading last night that Thompson was taking reps at Center and learning the position this offseason. That would be a helluva tiny front court, but with the Center position dying off, guess we just have to take the growing pains and hope it works out. I've warmed up to Bennett a little bit, but I still would've liked a defensive Center somewhere in this draft.

The more I think about the Pelicans/76ers trade, the less sense it makes for New Orleans. Yeah, Holiday is a beast and I think Greivis Vasquez is overrated, but they have quite the logjam at PG and now money tied into Holiday and they traded their pick next year in a deep draft. I still can't see them making the playoffs, Davis isn't that good yet and Eric Gordon is almost always injured. A Davis/Noel frontcourt would've been interesting to see.

I hate it for the 76ers still. Obviously they plan to tank and will probably be very bad, but they've just really traded any player they've had of any value the past couple of years for injured centers lol. If they catch a break in the lottery, it can work, but damn. I also really don't like Michael Carter-Williams, he is a guy with talent but just isn't good lol. Maybe he can develop, but meh.

But now with Bynum practically a lock not to "return" to Philadelphia (can you really return to somewhere you never played?), Dwight looking likely to bolt LA and Iggy possibly leaving Denver it is looking like the Magic are the unquestioned winner of that four-way deal last year after everyone laughed at us for it. Especially if we can deal Arron Afflalo for more youth. We took a roster full of overpaid vets that nobody wanted and have turned it into one full of promising youth and flexibility. Obviously we're not going to be good soon, but we've put ourselves in position to get there in the near future. Now he needs to focus on getting rid of the remaining vets here, find a promising PG and prepare for the big 2014 draft.

I was reading last night that Thompson was taking reps at Center and learning the position this offseason. That would be a helluva tiny front court, but with the Center position dying off, guess we just have to take the growing pains and hope it works out. I've warmed up to Bennett a little bit, but I still would've liked a defensive Center somewhere in this draft.

He played some center last year too. I was shocked at the pick to be sure, but I knew it was an option.

The more I think about the Pelicans/76ers trade, the less sense it makes for New Orleans. Yeah, Holiday is a beast and I think Greivis Vasquez is overrated, but they have quite the logjam at PG and now money tied into Holiday and they traded their pick next year in a deep draft. I still can't see them making the playoffs, Davis isn't that good yet and Eric Gordon is almost always injured. A Davis/Noel frontcourt would've been interesting to see.

I hate it for the 76ers still. Obviously they plan to tank and will probably be very bad, but they've just really traded any player they've had of any value the past couple of years for injured centers lol. If they catch a break in the lottery, it can work, but damn. I also really don't like Michael Carter-Williams, he is a guy with talent but just isn't good lol. Maybe he can develop, but meh.

But now with Bynum practically a lock not to "return" to Philadelphia (can you really return to somewhere you never played?), Dwight looking likely to bolt LA and Iggy possibly leaving Denver it is looking like the Magic are the unquestioned winner of that four-way deal last year after everyone laughed at us for it. Especially if we can deal Arron Afflalo for more youth. We took a roster full of overpaid vets that nobody wanted and have turned it into one full of promising youth and flexibility. Obviously we're not going to be good soon, but we've put ourselves in position to get there in the near future. Now he needs to focus on getting rid of the remaining vets here, find a promising PG and prepare for the big 2014 draft.

Holiday is all star PG, the pick is top 3 protected anyways, so they still have a shot at Wiggins if they blow bad enough. I don't think you can just bank on next years class anyways, you never really know how good its really going to be.

looks like the Sixers want to tank this year. Without Holiday this team is going to be pretty awful offensively. They should have a real good pick next year. Maybe they get a franchise changing player. Not only could they be set up with a high first and a probable decent first from the Pelicans, but they'll have a lot of money on the books for FA's to possibly come and team up. If one or both of these picks pan out the Sixers could be pretty set up. They could also move Thadeus Young. The only contract that hurts the Sixers in the long term atm is Jason Richardson. Going into 2014 not counting Noel's or Carter Williams' deals the Sixers could have like 16 million the books, 17 million if they decide to keep Moultrie.

It doesn't matter how hard the 76ers want to tank for Wiggins... The Cavaliers are gonna get the #1 pick.. :(

Anyway, on topic about the 76ers, if they plan on playing him at center eventually, they better get him on some crazy weight gaining diet. He's got the broad shoulders to add weight but the guy is is gonna make every center in the league look like Shaq.

Everyone is saying that both Jennings and Ellis are bolting outa Milwaukee. The 76ers are getting worse, the Hawks are gonna be losing a lot of players... It's shaping for us to make a run at the playoffs if we can dump Calderon's sorry ass, keep Stuckey on the bench since we have a legit 2 guard, and dump Maxiel's sorry ass.

Also, from wiretap...

Greg Oden recently had a two-day visit with the Miami Heat.

Pat Riley confirmed the visit and restated his interest in signing Oden.

“We will explore that and see where it goes because of the possibilities,’’ Riley said of Oden, who has been plagued by knee problems since being the NBA’s No. 1 draft pick in 2007. “You go back to look at (Zydrunas) Ilgauskas. He had nothing but foot problems for about four years and everybody thought it was over. And the same thing happened with Kurt Thomas at the beginning of his career. There’s been a lot of players young in their careers that have had chronic injuries (and then) it doesn’t happen to them anymore. I think he’s such a young player and to be such a force, that you’d want to monitor him very closely.’’

The Heat would likely need to use their their $3.183 million exception to sign Oden.

Via Chris Tomasson/FOXSportsFlorida

Also, from wiretap...

#1 pick and Lebron James. You jelly? :troll:

Just saw that it'll be Marshon Brooks and Kris Joseph (had not a fucking clue he was part of the Nets lol) heading to Boston instead of Reggie Evans. Thank you based gawd. I love me some Reggie Evans.

So all in all, Nets send:

- Gerald Wallace

- Kris Humphries

- Marshon Brooks

- Keith Bogans

- Kris Joseph

- 1st rounders in '14, '16, and '18

in return for:

- KG

- Paul Pierce

- Jason Turry

Gotta say, pretty good deal for the Nets. 1st rounders aren't as good as they sound with the lack of good prospects year in and year out. In addition, the Nets don't part ways with any really good players. Wallace is solid and he was growing on me, but his contract is a joke so it's great to get rid of him.

I love this deal alone for getting KG. Ever since K-Mart left in 2004, the Nets have really missed having an emotionally charged player like him. Bout fucking time they got another one.

Kenyon-Martin1.jpg

pg2_a_garnett_300.jpg

/feelsgoodman

Marshon Brooks sad.

The Nets have been trying to trade him for years now.

After posting this in the NHL Offseason thread... here we go again:

Typical Spurs draft. Like the second round pick.

Mixed emotions on what to do with Splitter. He is the perfect fit for the Spurs system. Incredible at the PnR and his post-defense is elite. He just can't match up with Miami/OKC and other small ball lineups which is a big issue.

They CANNOT overpay him. I wouldn't mind if they let him walk and went after a FA big man. Would like to re-sign Manu, obviously at a bargain. Limit him to 15 minutes and give him a role instead of having to construct the offense as a backup PG essentially.

Need a backup PG as well.