Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Patriots offer free exchange on Hernandez jerseys

via Patriots.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots ProShop will offer a free jersey exchange of any #81 Hernandez jersey purchased at the Patriots ProShop or online at PatriotsProShop.com for a new Patriots jersey of comparable value. The free jersey exchange will be available exclusively at the Patriots ProShop the weekend of Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7.

“We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys, but may not understand why parents don’t want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore,” said New England Patriots spokesperson Stacey James. “We hope this opportunity to exchange those jerseys at the Patriots ProShop for another player’s jersey will be well received by parents.”

This opportunity for a free exchange of jerseys is limited to the weekend of July 6-7 and is available only at the Patriots ProShop located at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. The hours of operation are from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 6 and from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 7. The exchange is for jerseys available in the Patriots ProShop only and is limited to one per person.

Classy move, Pats. thumbup.gif

Edited by NaTaS

this was rather unexpected, but I applaud the Patriots for doing it, this situation is a bit different from most of the NFL arrests in that I don't think anyone really saw this coming, Hernandez never seemed like the type of guy who would get into this sort of shit, though maybe people who follow the Patriots closer would have a different opinion, I know as a Titans fan the only similar situation that comes to mind is Pacman, but I doubt any parents who cared about players' off field actions were buying their kids Pacman jerseys to begin with because everyone knew he was a complete thug before he entered the league

Yeah, Well done! Very classy indeed. I applaud this effort. :clap:

Glad to see the Pats making this move.

Pure class as always :yep:

I'm a fan of this. Especially for adults with children who have received jerseys as gifts and what not. No parent in their right mind wants their child wearing a jersey of a possible murderer, much less a convicted one if it eventually does end up that way.

Classy move by the Patriots organization, even if it is for a short time. I was talking to someone about this last night when I went out, and they were complaining it was only that one weekend. I think the importance people need to understand is that the Patriots are going to lose big money in this deal. BIG money. So they should surely deserve to be applauded by everyone.