Sign in to follow this  
BC

Andre Johnson decline

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will Andre Johnson fall out of the top 10 in receiving?

• Yes
    • No

Surprised to see this guy getting the shaft this offseason. I know AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, someone on the Giants, and someone on the Packers will all be in line for a huge year, but we're talking about a 32 year old who beasted with his best year at 31. Is this decline time?

post-3005-0-02416100-1373684998_thumb.jpg

Edited by BC

Is this a serious thread?

Post less.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

He's bound to hit a decline some time soon, because Father Time always wins. With that said, Kubiak will feed Andre all day until that day comes. So I think he will still put up a Top 10 receiving yards this season.

Is this a serious thread?

Post less.

Projected by most to be right on the fringe of top 10 WR producers this year yeah its serious...

I highly doubt Andre is gonna fall off the cliff this year. He is still a top 10 receiver, and maybe even a top 5 receiver. DeAndre Hopkins hasn't proven himself yet and there is no depth beyond him. But since the horse is still working, why not feed it?

He's going to decline at some point, I don't think it's this year though. If it is, it's not like he's going to walk off the edge of a cliff and be terrible. Last year he still had pretty good speed for the deep routes they like to send him on and i don't think it will just disappear over night. I'm thinking he has at least one more good year ahead of him. For the Texans well being, he needs to.

I think these types of threads are needed. It allows us to release some off-season conjecture on what performance we should see out of various players.

For the record, I do not see him falling out of the top 10, he is so integral to their offense and you know they're going to target him. At 32 he's probably got 3 years left as an elite player if he stays healthy.

Depends solely on health IMO. Because ability wise he was as good as ever last year.

IDT he's gonna be hitting less then 1000 for a while. The Texans even with Hopkins, he's still gonna get a lot of looks his way. He runs great intermediate routes and can still make grabs down the field, even with minimal separation.

He's fine imo.