Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Browns set to give Jordan Cameron his chance

Per Rotoworld.com:

OC Norv Turner reiterated that Jordan Cameron is getting the opportunity to be "the guy" at tight end.

The Browns have shown nothing but faith in the highly athletic Cameron for months now. They let Ben Watson walk in free agency, replacing him with backup-types in Kellen Davis and Gary Barnidge. They didn't use a single draft pick on a tight end. Cameron enters camp as the unquestioned starter and featured player in one of the game's most tight end friendly schemes. He remains one of our favorite sleepers. Jul 23 - 11:41 AM

Source: Will Burge on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

It would make sense- Norv just got through with a team where he legitimately featured the tight end in the offense and he's working under a head coach who cut his teeth in this league as a TE's coach.

When our passing attack was at its best in 2008-2010, Gates was our #1 receiver. He wasn't always the leader in yards, but he was the guy that made everything else go. Draw doubles with your TE and it creates single coverage opportunities down the field.

If Cameron meets his potential, and Weeden gets his feet under him, that offense will surprise a lot of people. Because it has everything else it needs to be effective in a Norv Turner offense in the line, Richardson, and Gordon.

If anyone's going to make Jordan Cameron into a super-star, it's Norval. Hopefully Weeden will hold up his end. :yep:

I was a big fan of the pick when we drafted him. I'm glad that he is getting an opportunity. He has the talent, but that doesn't always translates to production. He was one of the top performers at the combine.

Sleeper in fantasy this year, if you ask me.

I like what I've seen from Cameron so far. Had a good game against the Lions.

Of all the players that have been hyped up thus far leading up to the pre-season and even now towards the regular season, Cameron has to be the most impressive to me. He has the looks of a complete stud so far and it seems like the camp hype was the real deal. I'm glad to see him finally get his shot. With Brandon Weeden throwing the ball as good as he has so far, and guys like Cameron stepping up into their roles, I think Browns fans have something to be excited about.

I'm certainly not going to crown any team in the division just yet. I'm interested to see what the Turner led Browns can do this season, injuries aside.