Sign in to follow this  
GA_Eagle

Obama Mask Rodeo Clown

SEDALIA, Mo. — As some people at the Missouri State Fair see it, the rodeo incident last weekend in which a ringleader taunted a clown wearing a mask of President Obama and played with his lips as a bull charged after him was neither racist nor disrespectful.

It was a joke, they said, overblown by a news media that’s hypersensitive to any possible slight against the nation’s first black president. They said the hooting and hollering from the crowd that night was because of a fundamental dislike of the president.

“I’ve got no respect for him,” said Virgil Henke, 65, a livestock farmer who explained his distaste for Obama with several falsehoods about his background: “Why, he’s destroyed this country. How much freedom have we lost? I don’t care whether it’s a black man in office, but we have to have a true-blooded American. I think he is Muslim and trying to destroy the country, catering to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.”

The rodeo incident and the clown at the center of it have become the latest illustration of racial divisions that continue to surface nearly five years into Obama’s presidency.

A three-minute amateur video of the rodeo act was picked up by news outlets worldwide. Democratic and Republican elected officials in Missouri quickly condemned the incident, saying it was offensive and inappropriate at a taxpayer-funded event with children in attendance. Asked about it Wednesday, a White House spokesman said that it was not one of Missouri’s “finer moments.”

Washington Post full article

Here's a vid:

There's a minor uproar about this, originally about "disrespect" for the POTUS but now some are claiming it was racist. It's tough to see what the clown is doing in the vids I've seen but what do you guys think? It's starting to piss some off, while it sounds like, to me, that people need to lighten the fuck up.

Edited by GA_Eagle

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/16/missouri-naacp-president-rodeo-clown-committed-a-hate-crime/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=Share+Buttons

MISSOURI NAACP PRESIDENT: RODEO CLOWN COMMITTED A ‘HATE CRIME’

Aug. 16, 2013 11:37am Dave Urbanski

The rodeo clown who donned a mask of President Barack Obama at the Missouri State Fair committed a hate crime, the state’s NAACP president said.

“I think that a hate crime has occurred,” Mary Ratliff said on KXNT Radio in Las Vegas. “I think a hate crime occurs when you use a person’s race to depict who they are and to make degrading comments, gestures, et cetera, against them.”

LOL. Seems to me, you invalidate yours and others' legitimate gripes when it comes to racism when you take it to this extreme, all while making yourself look like an idiot.

Guest Phailadelphia

BREAKING: Obama-masked Rodeo Clown now the frontrunner for 2016 GOP Presidential nomination.

• Upvote 1

I'll tell you why there is racism in this situation.

If we didn't have a black president, this wouldn't have even happened. It's that simple. While it certainly isn't a hate crime, it was out of line, unnecessary, and completely indicative of the overall stupidity of the people participating in or attending that event. Barrack Obama is not a criminal being lead to the gallows, for fuck's sake.

I'll tell you why there is racism in this situation.

If we didn't have a black president, this wouldn't have even happened. It's that simple. While it certainly isn't a hate crime, it was out of line, unnecessary, and completely indicative of the overall stupidity of the people participating in or attending that event. Barrack Obama is not a criminal being lead to the gallows, for fuck's sake.

You think it wouldn't have happened if the President was white? Why not? People involved state they've used other presidents in the past. Certainly there have been terrible things said about past presidents so I guess I'm saying why are you certain this wouldn't have happened unless he was of mixed racial heritage?

Why would you jump to a criminal being lead to the gallows as your comparison? It was just making fun of the guy.

BREAKING: Obama-masked Rodeo Clown now the frontrunner for 2016 GOP Presidential nomination.

Probably better than any candidate they'll actually trot out.

Edited by GA_Eagle

I know nothing about this site but did a quick search and found it:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/08/72943-anti-obama-rodeo-clown-controversy-goes-nuclear-lifetime-ban-sensitivity-training/

Yeah it's been done to past Presidents.

I remember many years ago going on vacation with my parents to this island. They had a band at this one spot and at one point during the night a man would come out in a Bill Clinton costume and a man would come out in a Monica Lewinsky costume. The audience would roar with laughter. Not all of them were even Americans.

:shrug:

Making fun of the President is really nothing new to me.

Edited by Jules

You think it wouldn't have happened if the President was white? Why not?

As soon as he brought up Obama being a Muslim catering to the Muslim Brotherhood, it was quite obvious that race was heavily involved in this. I highly doubt people would be calling him a Muslim if he was Caucasian.

As soon as he brought up Obama being a Muslim catering to the Muslim Brotherhood, it was quite obvious that race was heavily involved in this. I highly doubt people would be calling him a Muslim if he was Caucasian.

If he was a white guy named Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. with a father that was Muslim at one point in his life I think he would still be called a Muslim by idiots. There's no way to deny that the guy they interviewed was dumb as a box of rocks, but he has nothing to do with the stunt, he's just in there to make people that support the guy sound dumb.

Edit: I know people that talk like this when they think they're in the company of friends. I HAVE seen racist attitudes towards the President, so I'm not writing off the fact that there are those that are racist, but the incident itself doesn't appear any more racially motivated than putting anyone in there. Assume its the 90's. I could see a clown with a Clinton mask in a second and it would have nothing to do with race and would never make a headline locally, on youtube, anywhere. I think its kind of a not funny "joke" but it is what it is. A very conservative crowd at a rodeo laughing at bad jokes by a rodeo clown dressed up as a liberal president.

Edited by GA_Eagle

the reaction may be a bit extreme, but I do think this is unacceptable for one reason: it was at the state fair, meaning that it was largely publicly funded, that's not a venue to show such disrespect to the President, if this had been some random horse club's rodeo then I'd have no issue with it, but you can't do that shit at a state fair

kb2.jpgbushbeheaded.jpg5_bush_hanging.jpgimgres-1.jpeg

I don't recall outrage over these. These are just a few. Many images of this nature appeared in art exhibits and at film festivals. I find the hypocrisy downright hilarious. You have all these people so passionate in their hatred of the previous administration yet fully support the current administration. Who has continued all those policies they so adamantly hated and has even violated our freedoms further. Again the hypocrisy is hilarious. Its refreshing to see support declining.

Edited by ManBearPig

Or if he wasn't Muslim to begin with.. What does Muslim have to do with race?

Islam is a very large religion within Africa. GA brought up a good point that his name has a lot to do with it, but a lot of the birther/Muslim crap wouldn't exist if he was white.

Guest Phailadelphia

Just for clarification...you think Obama is a Muslim?

Just for clarification...you think Obama is a Muslim?

Yes. I do. He has spoke glowingly of Islam many many many times.

Islam is a very large religion within Africa. GA brought up a good point that his name has a lot to do with it, but a lot of the birther/Muslim crap wouldn't exist if he was white.

It also wouldn't exist if his father wasn't from Kenya. You do realize that it is a fact that all of Obama's records are sealed right? That's fact. It isn't crazy conspiracy theory bullshit.

Edited by ManBearPig
  • Upvote 1

Edited by ManBearPig

It also wouldn't exist if his father wasn't from Kenya. You do realize that it is a fact that all of Obama's records are sealed right? That's fact. It isn't crazy conspiracy theory bullshit.

I always thought he was Muslim too lmao. In fact I always thought it was bit obvious.

"The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer" - Barack Hussein Obama

Edited by Jules

kb2.jpgbushbeheaded.jpg5_bush_hanging.jpgimgres-1.jpeg

I don't recall outrage over these. These are just a few. Many images of this nature appeared in art exhibits and at film festivals. I find the hypocrisy downright hilarious. You have all these people so passionate in their hatred of the previous administration yet fully support the current administration. Who has continued all those policies they so adamantly hated and has even violated our freedoms further. Again the hypocrisy is hilarious. Its refreshing to see support declining.

Short term memories and tunnel vision is what many have.

The reality is also that Obama is also HALF WHITE. Oh and yeah, he's a Muslim but he parades around in speeches as if he is one of the average everyday African Americans in this country. Just one of you!!! That he would be Trayvon 30 years ago!!!!

It's just a good way to get votes and support.

Bush had the good old boy Texaas image and the fake Christianity act during his 8 years.

They all do it. They just do it in different ways. Shhhhh.

Guest Phailadelphia

Oh boy.

Oh boy.

That was my reaction when the piece of crap was reelected.

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

-Barack Hussein Obama

I'd say those winds have shifted in an ugly direction.

Edited by ManBearPig

Guest Phailadelphia

That was my reaction when the piece of crap was reelected.

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

-Barack Hussein Obama

I'd say those winds have shifted in an ugly direction.

lol

These are his 3 most controversial quotes concerning this subject:

“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer” – Barack Hussein Obama, Cairo speech 2008

“The Future Must Not Belong To Those Who Slander The Prophet Of Islam” – Barack Hussein Obama, speech at the United Nations 2012

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction” Barack Obama, in his book The Audacity of Hope

Edited by Jules

Boy oh boy. Fun time!

“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer” – Barack Hussein Obama, Cairo speech 2008

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/

“The Future Must Not Belong To Those Who Slander The Prophet Of Islam” – Barack Hussein Obama, speech at the United Nations 2012

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/obama-the-future-must-not-belong-to-those-who-slander-the-prophet-of-islam/2012/09/26/acb9ab92-0810-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction” Barack Obama, in his book The Audacity of Hope

And considering I posted a link to the actual quote literally 2 posts before yours, I'm gonna give you the chance to find it.

Oh, and I guess Obama is jewish too.

yarmulke.jpg

Of course the real issue with all these "is Obama a Muslim" questions, is that it shouldn't matter if he is or isnt. The US is a country based on freedom of religion, and if you're worried that he's going to use his (non-existant) islamic beliefs to influence policy then where were you when we had 43 straight Christian Presidents?

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

You're wasting your time, blots.