Phins4life

Fantasy Draft Feedback

Never done a live draft offline before, so im curious to know how I did. One thing I did notice is how little the average person knows about current rosters and schemes. Anyway...here are my results...snake draft...I had second pick.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Julio Jones

3. Steven Ridley

4. Dwayne Bowe

5. Eddie Lacy

6. Owen Daniels

7. Mike Wallace

8. Bernard Pierce

9. Patriots D

10. Jared Cook

11. Ryan Tannehill

12. Sebastian Janiskowski

13. Andre Brown

14. Deandre Hopkins

15. Keenan Allen

It was harder to track who had and hadn't been drafted than I thought it would be, so I already found some names I should have grabbed. I think I took Pierce way too high but they wete enforcing the time limit pretty fierce. Panic pick. As a whole I think RB is my weakest position.

Edited by Phins4life

Your RBs are pretty meh IMO. Your Wrs are legit though.

Yeah offline drafts are hard. You really have to be organized, like use the rotowire app or something that lets you keep track of who's been picked to which team, or at least have a magazine where you can just X players out once they've been picked. Not terrible man, you can survive plenty of weeks with Ridley, Aaron Rodgers, and Julio Jones all getting multiple touchdowns a piece. Could survive on touchdowns alone. Lacy might be more than decent.

how many teams in the league? sixth round seems really early for Daniels, but seventh seems late for Wallace, so I guess that comes out in the wash

offline drafts are awesome, but definitely take more work, my dad's been in a league since the early '90s that has an offline draft, most people just grab the latest magazine on their way to the draft to use as a checklist, but the best way to get yourself yelled at in one of those is trying to take someone who's already off the board, so you've definitely gotta stay on top of it

Might as well post mine here too. 10 person league, 15 round draft.

I had the 6th pick(Snake)

1. Doug Martin

2. Chris Johnson

3. Demaryius Thomas

4. Cam Newton

5. Vernon Davis

6. Stevie Johnson

7. Mike Williams

8. Ryan Mathews

9. Mark Ingram

10. Vincent Brown

11. Kenbrell Thompkins

12. Brian Hartline

13. Jared Cook Jr.

14. St. Louis

15. Greg Zuerlein

Any thoughts?

first off, if this thread is going to keep going, it's probably better placed in the fantasy football forum, anyway, for Chernobyl, I'd say Cam Newton in the fourth is a little early and your WRs seem a little weak (should be alright with your top three, but looks really thin after that) and I don't think I want to come out of any fantasy draft with only four RBs

first off, if this thread is going to keep going, it's probably better placed in the fantasy football forum, anyway, for Chernobyl, I'd say Cam Newton in the fourth is a little early and your WRs seem a little weak (should be alright with your top three, but looks really thin after that) and I don't think I want to come out of any fantasy draft with only four RBs

I knew that all the other QBs would start going soon. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Manning were already gone, and the guy after me took Ryan. Reason why I got the receivers I did is because of the possibility of late breakout stars. There wasn't much opportunity after 6th anyways. Kenbrell Thompkins has opportunity to end up a #1 receiver. I'm not buying onto Wallace, so I think Hartline, who had over a 1000 yards receiving last year, is a great late pick at WR. Vincent Brown? Someone has to catch River's passes.

Jared Cook was just a last minute guy who I thought would be a great steal.

Only reason I only took 4 is 3 starters and arguably a committee back with Ingram. I think I got solid depth out of it. If Mathews gets hurt I can grab a backup off FA.

I don't think Cam is that much better than QBs you can get much later like Eli Manning, Matt Stafford, or any of the other young QBs that broke out last year, bottom line is that there are at least 12 QBs that I'm very comfortable relying on consistently, so in a 10 team league I'm gonna wait on a QB, but some leagues do see QBs go off the board early, so if you know that's the case with your league then it is what it is, you've gotta follow suit

take anything I say about depth with a grain of salt, because any players you draft after the 9th or 10th round are gonna be guys you like and think are going to have breakout years, everyone is different on those and you could be right on the guys you took, drafting backups in fantasy is a crapshoot no matter how you slice it, the reason I tend to draft heavy on RBs is that I've always found it easier to find WRs in waivers than RBs

regarding Jared Cook, I'm not that high on him because I've watched him play the part of potential breakout star for four years in Tennessee, but I'm also of the mind that there's no such thing as a bad 13th round pick