Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Packers sign QB Seneca Wallace

Weird.

Packers waived QB B.J. Coleman.

Coleman went 14-of-34 (41.2 percent) for 128 yards with one touchdown and one interception in the preseason. He was still expected to serve as Aaron Rodgers' backup following the release of Vince Young. Now the Packers only have newly acquired practice-squad quarterback Scott Tolzien behind Rodgers. GM Ted Thompson has sometime up his sleeve.

Source: Wes Hodkiewicz on Twitter

Packers signed QB Seneca Wallace.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

If Vince Young wasn't ready for regular season why would Seneca Wallace be ready? :wtf:

If Vince Young wasn't ready for regular season why would Seneca Wallace be ready? :wtf:

I thought the same thing, definitely makes Thompson's comments about Young sound a bit hollow, if he couldn't pick up the system in two and a half weeks but they expect Wallace to be able to pick it up in five days

F4E should be excited. I thought Seneca retired, I guess there was some confusion as to what he told Harbaugh and what Harbaugh reported to the media. I think he's a capable backup and at times when he was with the Browns I wondered why he wasn't starting over Colt.

Wallace does seem to have some diva to him though and doesn't have a great completion percentage, but that may be due to the players surrounding him. I remember a reporter asking him about how he plans to use his veteran experience to help the younger guys on the Browns and he said something to the effect that it wasn't his job to help them, but to prepare himself to start.

**Edit found an article that address the above: http://www.waitingfo...is-a-team-game/

Edited by NaTaS
  • Upvote 1

I have to agree with badgers and oochymp. This signing makes no sense. Why would you axe all the backups who actually have had time to study your offense and then replace them with a guy who isn't any better and who will have no time at all to study before the season starts? I mean, the man couldn't beat out Colt McCoy. Twice. They basically put another nail in Vince Young's career coffin for no reason. It makes me think they weren't exactly level with us about why they cut him. They better pray to god nothing happens to Aaron Rodgers during the season because if Wallace ever has to play they're doomed.

Edited by Jayrus

F4E should be excited. I thought Seneca retired, I guess there was some confusion as to what he told Harbaugh and what Harbaugh reported to the media. I think he's a capable backup and at times when he was with the Browns I wondered why he wasn't starting over Colt.

Wallace does seem to have some diva to him though and doesn't have a great completion percentage, but that may be due to the players surrounding him. I remember a reporter asking him about how he plans to use his veteran experience to help the younger guys on the Browns and he said something to the effect that it wasn't his job to help them, but to prepare himself to start.

**Edit found an article that address the above: http://www.waitingfo...is-a-team-game/

SENECA WALLACE!!!! FUCK YA!

This kind of confuses the hell out of me, but I don't even care.

BTMA6YGCUAA9XMN.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever