Sign in to follow this  
baltimoreravens

Browns sign Cundiff

I just can't... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Cleveland Browns have finally found their kicker.

According to Alex Marvez, a Fox Sports 1 Senior NFL reporter and Sirius XM NFL radio host, the Browns have agreed to a deal with veteran Billy Cundiff.

The Browns had both Cundiff and Giorgio Tavecchio in for a tryout Tuesday. The Browns were also interested in veteran Dan Carpenter, but after rookie kicker Dustin Hopkins injured his groin, Carpenter opted to sign with the Buffalo Bills.

Cundiff began his career in Dallas back in 2002. He joined the Saints in 2006, but lasted just one season. Cundiff returned to football in 2009 and actually replaced an injured Phil Dawson for the Browns.

A year later, he joined the Baltimore Ravens and was named to the Pro Bowl after making 26 of his 29 kicks. However, his tenure with Ravens had a horrible ending and will likely be what Cundiff is best remembered for. Cundiff missed what would have been a game-tying field goal in the closing seconds of the 2012 AFC championship game and Ravens fell to the New England Patriots, 23-20.

Cundiff played in five games for the Washington Redskins last season and missed five of his 12 field goal attempts.

The Browns open their season against the Miami Dolphins at 1:00 pm EST Sunday.

Source: fansided.com

lolBrowns

Edited by baltimoreravens

Wow. Tavecchio must have really stunk the place up.

Well, he helped the Ravens lose a chance at the SB so I'm already a fan of his. He went to the Pro Bowl, never missed a FG for the Browns and he's experienced in kicking outdoors.

No one was going to take Phil's place and he's not the guy I wanted, but there are worse options out there...I guess.

@OP - Stop with the played out lol* shit. It had it's time and that time is over. Damn you, Vin.

• Upvote 1

You did see that game he had for the Skins last year when he missed 3/4 FGs right? He's terrible.

And sorry, but the Browns are just so lol. :yep:

Shayne Graham is better than Cundiff.

Can't believe I forgot about Workaholics. I really need to catch back up on that.

As far as Cundiff goes he ain't Phil Dawson. :shrug: Still don't like that they let Phil walk.

Shayne Graham is better than Cundiff.

Shayne Graham is great if you're asking for a field goal of a distance less than 45 yards. Once you get around there it's a very nerve-racking situation to watch. He's accurate, but he doesn't have distance.

Edited by FartWaffles