Sign in to follow this  
BUCK3Y3

Browns Discussion

Hoyer is going to take this team to the Super Bowl.

I don't understand why Weeden is after Thad Lewis but that jersey it always saddening.

Was thinking the same.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Who do you guys like at QB in the upcoming draft for the Browns? Brett Hundley is pretty intriguing to me. I like him over Bridgewater.

Who do you guys like at QB in the upcoming draft for the Browns? Brett Hundley is pretty intriguing to me. I like him over Bridgewater.

At this point I want Hundley, Bridgewater, and Mariota, not necessarily in that order though. I'm not sold on Johnny Football, Tajh Boyd or Braxton Miller. If we could get one of the first three QBs I listed and then get Mike Evans with our pick from the Colts, I'd be ecstatic.

All this is assuming the players that aren't seniors come out. I know not all of them will though.

Also, I'm over this trade. I don't really care one way or the other. I'm not longer mad about the trade. Now I'm mad that we traded up to get him, not that we traded him.

Trading him is the right move for the future of this team. His 3.5 yards per carry won't be too tough to replace.

Mike Holmgren saying he offered all of the Browns picks to the Colts for the #1 selection

vGJc2.jpg

Mike Holmgren saying he offered all of the Browns picks to the Colts for the #1 selection

No way was that going to get it done. We would have had to offer our first rounder the next year at the very least. And if that's the case, why did he not offer the 3 firsts for RG3?

Sadly I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game today but the offense looked different. The play calling I mean. Man the Vikings suck.

Isn't it amazing how a QB can throw touchdown passes when his OLine blocks and the receivers catch the ball?

Rumors going around that the Browns are shopping Gordon.....

Rumors going around that the Browns are shopping Gordon.....

I doubt he'll be moved unless they get another first as an offer, which they might have to consider.

If they do not believe that Gordon will straighten out, then a trade while he has value would be prudent. I would not do it just for picks. He's unreal. I noticed a big improvement in his routes yesterday and he really looks like a man amongst boys out there. He has a really bright future if he can stay out of trouble.

How awesome is Cameron and Gordon together along with Bess? Bess is a third down machine and you have Gordon and Cameron who can both open up the field for the underneath stuff.

We really need to get Cousins out of the mix and figure out what's going on with Schwartz. They both looked pretty awful yesterday. I think it's safe to say we probably need to get ourselves a run blocking guard. I'm anxious to see if Lavaman helps Schwartz out any or if it's just the case of him playing next to such ineptitude that he looks this bad.

How awesome is Cameron and Gordon together along with Bess? Bess is a third down machine and you have Gordon and Cameron who can both open up the field for the underneath stuff.

We really need to get Cousins out of the mix and figure out what's going on with Schwartz. They both looked pretty awful yesterday. I think it's safe to say we probably need to get ourselves a run blocking guard. I'm anxious to see if Lavaman helps Schwartz out any or if it's just the case of him playing next to such ineptitude that he looks this bad.

Cameron Gordon and Bess combination is reminiscent of the '07 Winslow, Braylon, Jurevicius... but in my mind more talented. Right now the RB level isnt the same as Jamal Lewis, and IDK about Hoyer. Weeden has the same sort of makeup as Anderson. Big strong armed receivers that make a lot of mistakes.

It's sort of comparing apples and oranges, but I would still say very comparable.

Braylon vs Gordon: Both big strong athletic receivers. Gordon has better hands.

Winslow vs Cameron: Big pass-catching TEs with sure hands. Both athletic.

Jurevicius vs Bess: 3rd down pass catchers. Move the chains. Different breeds based on size and athleticism, but sure handed receivers that get the job done.

Hopefully McGahee can be a competent RB for us. We did have a better collective OL back then though.

'13 Thomas >= '07 Thomas

'13 Greco << '07 Steinbach

'13 Mack > '07 Fraley

'13 Cousins <<< '07Ryan Tucker (I think Lava can be = to Tucker)

'13 Schwartz <= '07 Shaffer (could be better with solid RG play, time will tell)

Our defense is better now than it was then though. IDK if we can write the Browns off as a possible contender just yet. I'm not going to say this team can win 10 games since we are so young though and that's a large difference.