Vin

Bengals @ Browns

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20130929005&home=5&vis=4

(AP) -- Coach Marvin Lewis realizes he needs to keep his Cincinnati Bengals focused as they prepare to face the Cleveland Browns, who probably shouldn't be taken lightly after last week.

The visiting Bengals hope to avoid a letdown by beating the Browns for the eighth time in 10 meetings when the AFC North rivals meet in Cleveland on Sunday.

Cincinnati (2-1) became the first team in NFL history to lead by 14 points, then trail by 16, before rallying to win 34-30 over Green Bay on Sunday. It was also the first time in 14 years that a team won after allowing its opponent to score 30 consecutive points.

The Bengals know they now have to turn the page from the wild victory as they hit the road looking for a 2-0 start in the division.

"That's what the NFL is - a lead-in to the next game," Lewis told the team's official website. "This is all for nothing if we don't take care of business the next week and the next."

The Browns (1-2) appeared to be looking to next season with the stunning trade of running back Trent Richardson to Indianapolis and the appointment of third-stringer Brian Hoyer as their starting quarterback last week.

However, emerging star Jordan Cameron caught three touchdown passes, including the go-ahead grab in the back of the end zone with 51 seconds left, to give the Browns a 31-27 victory at Minnesota on Sunday.

It was their first win in six games.

"We got together last week after the news about Trent and we kind of came closer as a team," said Cameron, who has 20 receptions for a career-high 269 yards and four scores. "The team leaders talked to us about trusting this organization and where we're going as a team."

Hoyer overcame three interceptions to throw for a career-best 321 yards, going 30 for 54 with three touchdowns. The effort earned him his second straight start and first at home in place of Brandon Weeden, who is recovering from a sprained right thumb.

"It will be awesome," said Hoyer, who makes his third start in five NFL seasons.

After serving a two-game suspension, Josh Gordon made an immediate impact in his debut with 10 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown. The second-year wideout had three receptions for 99 yards and a score to help Cleveland beat visiting Cincinnati 34-24 on Oct. 14.

The Bengals committed four turnovers last week, but limited Green Bay to 13 points off them. They also sacked Aaron Rodgers four times, picked him off twice and scored the winning touchdown on Terence Newman's 58-yard fumble return with 3:47 left.

"Every time we take the field, we take it like we own it," defensive tackle Domata Peko said. "We stood firm as a defense. As long as we do that all season, we should have a chance to win a lot of games."

Cincinnati, though, would like to clean things up offensively after committing seven giveaways in three games.

Andy Dalton threw his third interception of the season Sunday, though he went 20 of 28 for 235 yards with two touchdowns. The Browns intercepted him four times last year, but Dalton completed 71.4 percent of his attempts for 699 yards and six scores as the teams split the two meetings.

A.J. Green has 10 receptions for 87 yards and one score over the past two weeks after finishing with nine for 162 and two touchdowns in the opener. He's likely to face a difficult matchup in star cornerback Joe Haden, who has played a key role in helping limit Cleveland's opponents to 300.0 yards per game, sixth in the league.

Haden missed a 34-27 loss in Cincinnati last Sept. 16 while serving a four-game suspension for violating the league policy on performance-enhancing substances. He recorded an interception in the win at Cleveland.

"It doesn't matter who I go up against, I feel like everyone is going to try and get up for me," said Green, who had 14 catches for 193 yards and three scores versus the Browns last season. "I just go out there, play my game and we'll see what happens."

Although the Bengals have won seven of nine meetings, they've dropped two of their last three in Cleveland.

It will be interesting to see what Hoyer does against this Bengals defense.

:Bengals: 24

:Browns: 17

Division matchup, Browns have some momentum after last week's big time win. If the Browns D can force turnovers then they can win.

:Bengals: 20

:Browns: 26

Hoyer is better than Weeden, but 3 INT's against the Bengals is a match loss. He can't repeat those numbers and expect to win again.

:Bengals: 27

:Browns: 17

Browns declared OLB Jabaal Sheard, QB Brandon Weeden, OLB Quentin Groves, OL Martin Wallace, OG Shawn Lauvao, DE Billy Winn, and TE Keavon Milton for Week 4 against the Bengals.

Barkevious Mingo will get the start against Cincinnati. With Lauvao (ankle) still sidelined, the Browns will start Oniel Cousins at right guard again.

Bengals declared CB Leon Hall, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, S Reggie Nelson, G Mike Pollak, RB Rex Burkhead, DE Margus Hunt, and T Tanner Hawkinson inactive for Week 4 against the Browns.

Cincinnati is without three core defensive backs in Hall, Nelson, and Kirkpatrick. All were listed as doubtful for Week 4 with hamstring injuries.

Joe Haden is truly a shut down corner. There's only a few of them and he is one.

Amazing. It's always been the case that this team was only missing a QB. We may have one. Don't write us off. This division is up for grabs and we want it.

I've seen to many QBs string together a couple a good games and say "Oh look what we have here" then disappointment.

I'm excited about this defense and I think we've shown why every week thus far. I can't say the same about the team as a whole but I have to say it's refreshing watching an offense that actually seems to have an idea of what the hell they are doing.

Hoyer so far has been a breathe of life to the Browns and I'm happy that the organization and fans have something to smile about. Right now Jordan Cameron is performing like a top TE in the league only under Jimmy Graham and Josh Gordon continues to make plays. The Browns defense is already good and Haden did a good job on A.J Green. It was a great match up but Dalton does suck. The Bengals won't get over the hump with Dalton as their QB. He's as mediocre as they come. I honestly believe if the Bengals get a real QB, they are easily in Superbowl contention. The Browns are looking like the winners of the T-rich trade right now and if they hit gold on their draft picks next season, they could go from the bottom to contenders very soon. Meanwhile, the Steelers are the cellar of the division. I know Browns fans are liking being out of the basement right about now.

Edited by dutchff7