BLUE

What do you think is the hardest thing to do in sports?

Hitting a baseball. So much you have to do in a split second and pitchers like Price are just insane with the command they have.

No one has even mentioned Golf. Its fucking hard. :ninja:

That's got my vote. You can spend your whole life and countless hours/dollars trying improve your golf game, and still be mediocre. Hitting a pitch from a MLB caliber pitcher would be 2nd on my list.

Soccer: Defend some of these talented ball handlers

I would argue blocking a pk is the toughest thing to do in soccer

I didn't go with that because that involves a lot of luck rather than skill. Don't get me wrong, there's little things you can look for whether you're the goalie or taker, but it's mostly luck. Pick a side or stay in the middle.

I didn't go with that because that involves a lot of luck rather than skill. Don't get me wrong, there's little things you can look for whether you're the goalie or taker, but it's mostly luck. Pick a side or stay in the middle.

but doesn't that mean that it's virtually impossible to do on just your own skill? and most top tier players can put a pk into one of the corners so that even if the goalie guesses the right side he still has no chance, seems like the only times you see a pk not go in are when the shooter misses the goal completely

but doesn't that mean that it's virtually impossible to do on just your own skill? and most top tier players can put a pk into one of the corners so that even if the goalie guesses the right side he still has no chance, seems like the only times you see a pk not go in are when the shooter misses the goal completely

yes it does mean that which is why i didnt go with PKs. when im answering whats the hardest thing to do in sports, i want that answer based on skill level not luck. if you believe there's more skill than luck involved in PKs then we'll agree to disagree. i've been playing the sport since i was four years old so trust me, i get that ball placement, reaction time, keeping calm under pressure, etc, all plays into a penalty kick, but its essentially a guessing game. besides, in the scenario you gave, if you're saying most of the time the only times a PK isn't scored is if the shooter misses the net then that means the goalie is lucky, no?

yes it does mean that which is why i didnt go with PKs. when im answering whats the hardest thing to do in sports, i want that answer based on skill level not luck. if you believe there's more skill than luck involved in PKs then we'll agree to disagree. i've been playing the sport since i was four years old so trust me, i get that ball placement, reaction time, keeping calm under pressure, etc, all plays into a penalty kick, but its essentially a guessing game. besides, in the scenario you gave, if you're saying most of the time the only times a PK isn't scored is if the shooter misses the net then that means the goalie is lucky, no?

I don't disagree with anything you've said about it, I just don't get how any of that says that it's not a difficult (in fact damn near impossible) thing to do, if you're excluding it from consideration because it's damn near impossible and you'd rather look at difficult but doable tasks (which is what it sounds like) then I can understand that logic

In football terms I thought playing center was always hard. Having to have a perfect snap and block the biggest guy on the team.

I think hitting a baseball is very hard, but what about being the 1st baseman?

1st base is probably the easiest position to play in baseball, other than designated hitter, of course.

Shortstop, catcher, 2nd base, and center field are the hardest. 3rd base is also hard because you need a really good arm to play it and fast reactions for balls hit down the line.