BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

Blackhawks pls.

Colorado vs. Anaheim tomorrow in a rematch I've been looking forward to for a while now. Ducks are in a bit of a funk and the Avs are rolling. Expect the Ducks to be at their best.

Colorado is not getting enough love from anywhere and it pisses me off. Everybody talks about "the big 3" but now Colorado is only 2 points behind Anaheim and and San Jose.

Proud of the Leafs after getting 4 out of possible 6 points on the California murder trip.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Colorado is not getting enough love from anywhere and it pisses me off. Everybody talks about "the big 3" but now Colorado is only 2 points behind Anaheim and and San Jose.

Proud of the Leafs after getting 4 out of possible 6 points on the California murder trip.

Doesn't even really bother me. Awesome SHG last night after a huge Reimer stop.

Blackhawks pls.

Colorado vs. Anaheim tomorrow in a rematch I've been looking forward to for a while now. Ducks are in a bit of a funk and the Avs are rolling. Expect the Ducks to be at their best.

Ducks just got blasted 7-2 by the Flames recently, so the Avs' offense could get busy tonight.

Yeah, Reimer really turned it up last night. What a great game.

And let Colorado and Toronto fly under the radar. It'll help them do better in the long run.

BisrSJnCUAE0yYi.jpg

• Upvote 1

it took too damn long for him to get over here, but Kuznetsov got his first three points (all assists) tonight against Vancouver, and his first one was an assist to Ovechkin, which I'm sure was awesome for him

Biu7TDtIQAAZt9j.jpg

This link has .gifs and video for all three assists: Evgeny Kuznetsov Scores First NHL Point on Ovechkin Goal, Tallies Sick Assist to Tom Wilson (GIF) the second one (on Tom Wilson's goal) is absolutely gorgeous

I'm still mad Fleury robbed him of his first goal the other day.

The god damn Blues are winning the President's Trophy. Hasn't that doomed teams in recent years?

Last year the Blackhawks won it and the cup before them the 07-08 Red wings won the trophy and the cup.

Avs get to play those (pissed off) Sens. :smug:

The god damn Blues are winning the President's Trophy. Hasn't that doomed teams in recent years?

Don't worry. Last time the Blues won it in 1999-2000 they got booted in the WCQF by the Sharks.

I turned this off when it was 4-1. :sigh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwXhw4JsSo

roflSens tho

That was a hilarious end to the game. The Senators fans were crying foul at the refs a lot, and Lehner was pissed as hell :laugh:

And nearly shut them out too. Excellent game!

Edited by BigBen07

Don't worry. Last time the Blues won it in 1999-2000 they got booted in the WCQF by the Sharks. Nice

I turned this off when it was 4-1. :sigh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwXhw4JsSo

roflSens tho

That was a hilarious end to the game. The Senators fans were crying foul at the refs a lot, and Lehner was pissed as hell :laugh:

And nearly shut them out too. Excellent game!

Avs really good after a loss.

Blues lose a sniper in Taresenko. Out for at least six weeks.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=709728

I forgot to post about it when it happened, but this week's Blackhawks/Flyers game was the best regular season hockey game I've seen in years. After the Flyers started sluggishly, the game picked up and was non-stop action until the end. Lots of scoring chances, lots of shots ringing off the post, a fight in the third period, and it ends like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qql606xNi8

Giroux :wub:

I forgot to post about it when it happened, but this week's Blackhawks/Flyers game was the best regular season hockey game I've seen in years. After the Flyers started sluggishly, the game picked up and was non-stop action until the end. Lots of scoring chances, lots of shots ringing off the post, a fight in the third period, and it ends like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qql606xNi8

Giroux :wub:

It was like 2010 all over again.

Edited by BigBen07

It really was. This was pretty much the first time I've seen the Blackhawks all year, and man, they're a great team. It was awesome to see the Flyers go toe-to-toe with them (after they woke up).

Also, there's this:

ib2gEMUN2u4Duo.gif

• Upvote 1

It really was. This was pretty much the first time I've seen the Blackhawks all year, and man, they're a great team. It was awesome to see the Flyers go toe-to-toe with them (after they woke up).

Also, there's this:

ib2gEMUN2u4Duo.gif

Haha awesome .gif

And the best part? Thanks to the NHL tweaking the schedule, both teams play each other twice a year, which makes it much more fun.

Excuse the double post but this is too cool to share, even if it was posted two days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OSJHQFHbGA

Way to go Sharks! It's so awesome to see when pro sports teams do this. I hope they win the Cup as well now for him :yep:

Edited by BigBen07

I think I'm as big a fan of Jay Beagle as anyone, but he shouldn't be on the top line

Edited by oochymp

Sharks are on a roll.

BTW, Ovi is killing it with his +/- of -31 lmao yikes. (though a lot of his points come on the PP)

BTW, Ovi is killing it with his +/- of -31 lmao yikes. (though a lot of his points come on the PP)

his 46 goals aren't bad tho

I think the craziest thing about his +/- is that ESPN breaks down stats by wins and losses and he's actually +3 in our wins, if you look at that breakdown it's really pretty crazy how close the correlation is between Ovi playing well and the Caps winning:

in 31 wins: 33 goals, 15 assists, +3, 12 PIMs, 20.2% shooting

in 36 losses: 13 goals, 8 assists, -34, 28 PIMs, 7.1% shooting