Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Did Anyone Hear About This?

‘Jett Jackson’ star found dead from self-inflicted gunshot woundBy Pete Blackburn on August 19, 2013@PeteBlackburn

Rizzoli-Isles_203_15_Lee-Thompson-Young_

Lee Thompson Young, the former Disney child star who played the title role on The Famous Jett Jackson, was found dead in his Los Angeles area home on Monday.

The 29-year old Young, whose body was discovered by a landlord, was found dead with what police believe was a self-inflicted shotgun wound.

Aside from his childhood work as Jett Jackson, Young more recently appeared in the 2004 film Friday Night Lights as running back Chris Comer and in a regular role on TNT series Rizzoli & Isles.

Story is still developing, but obviously some pretty sad news to report.

Update: Young’s publicist confirms the actor killed himself.

“It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning … Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed.”

Damn that sucks. He was great in Friday Night Lights...

RIP

Wow the other day my assisstant manager and I were talking about all the cheesy classic Disney channel shows and Jett Jackson came up. I'll have to let her know about this. Talk about awkward timing... R.I.P.

Guest Phailadelphia

I remember him from FNL and his Disney movie(s). RIP.

I don't recall what Disney movies he was in, but I remember Jett Jackson. Either way, it's hard to think about a character from when you were a kid and then find out that he shot himself. That really is too bad. RIP

For the record, I didn't realize he was in FNL. Then again, I didn't love that movie as much as some folks did. I think my favorite football movies will probably always be Remember the Titans and Varsity Blues.

That's too bad. It's ironic in itself that this week, I can relate to this story in a weird way. A man I have worked with for the past 2 years killed himself just this past week. He was found in his bed with pictures of his family around him, everything seemed fine. Came into work every day leading up to him being found, joked around with everyone and acted absolutely normal. The moral is that no matter the situation and what you see, you never know what someone is going through at home or even in their own mind.

I'm not sure how anyone could ever take their own life, I don't believe it's the American way, but I do know it happens. It's sad to hear anytime something like this happens.