Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Well a quarter through the season and still only Indiana and Miami are over .500 in the East. Kind of hope this happens all season, it's pretty hilarious.

Well a quarter through the season and still only Indiana and Miami are over .500 in the East. Kind of hope this happens all season, it's pretty hilarious.

Sucks for all those teams trying to tank and end up in the playoffs :yao:

I can see it now:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bobcats are your 2014 NBA champions!"

"This is nice for them, but I really question how they're going to get a top player in this draft."

Raptors in trade talks with Knicks, Nets, and Warriors regarding Kyle Lowry. :panic:

Joey Crawford and his crew fucking boned Houston in the second half tonight.

This Portland team is good, and I enjoy seeing them succeed, but they're not a top West team, and will regress soon. It's just frustrating to see the bald chicken extending their good start, single-handedly.

I can't wait for the day that Crawford retires. Worst official in any professional sport, and it isn't close.

Aldridge is a great player, but he had a full quarter's worth of time on the floor without TJones guarding him, and that made a world of difference, tonight.

Guest Phailadelphia

Houston lost because they didn't move the ball and made it easy to defend them. Not because of Joey Crawford.

• Upvote 1

Houston lost because they didn't move the ball and made it easy to defend them. Not because of Joey Crawford.

Crawford and his crew had PLENTY to do with it. Putting Terrence Jones on the bench with ticky tack fouls all the time allowed Aldridge to go off. Jones can't stop Aldridge, but he would have prevented 30-25. I guarantee that.

In the second half, Houston kept getting mauled on offense but getting called for touch fouls on defense. There was no consistency from end to end.

Joey Crawford affects games. We all know this. Easily the worst official in professional sports.

Because every official doesn't call ticky tack fouls...

Of course they do, but we're talking about the worst ref in NBA history. Makes Tim Donaghy look like a saint.

This isn't just about Houston. It's about every NBA team. Whichever way Joey's leaning one night almost always affects the game. It's awful, and he drags his crew down, big time.

I think it's a problem that should be fixed, but they all want to say he's one of the best. Ridiculous.

So Crawford makes a guy who rigged games look good? No way. Crawford may be bad, but Donaghy is a scumbag.

Guest Phailadelphia

Westbrook over the last 4 games is averaging 21.5/7.5/11.5. In all 4 of those games, he's been 2 rebounds or assists away from a triple double. Balling out of control.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Westbrook is a monster. Really glad he is back and playing like his old self. Whenever a superstar goes down it is a very bad thing for the league.

Speaking of superstars, Kevin Love went off tonight

I think the Thunder are the best team in the West and I don't think any team is that close to them.

• Upvote 1

I think the Thunder are the best team in the West and I don't think any team is that close to them.

Just like last year, their role players are going to shrink in the playoffs.

Houston or San Antonio is gonna beat this team in the playoffs.

• Downvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Oh you.

I'm not going to get into a debate about this because it would be stupid, but OKC is going to have the 2 best players on the court in any series in the West. And the role players disappeared last year cause, yanno, the Thunder's best playmaker was out.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Oh you.

I'm not going to get into a debate about this because it would be stupid, but OKC is going to have the 2 best players on the court in any series in the West. And the role players disappeared last year cause, yanno, the Thunder's best playmaker was out.

Russell Westbrook is not better than Dwight Howard, and James Harden is also right up there with him, now that he's playing some defense.

Houston has a better starting 5, and is deeper. San Antonio has a much better coach. Don't get your hopes up.

Guest Phailadelphia

Howard is better than Westbrook? LOL!

San Antonio has a better coach, huh? I won't dispute that point, but it didn't help them avoid getting backdoor swept in the 2012 WCF. Which featured a worse Thunder team than this year and a better Spurs team than this year.

Regarding Houston...who cares what the starting 5 is? What matters is the group that plays the most minutes, which is not a lineup that includes Perkins. OKC's best lineup trumps Houston's best lineup by a good distance both offensively and defensively. I can't wait to watch Parsons try to defend KD when he's at the 4. Or Lin/Harden/Beverly trying to defend Westbrook/Jackson/Lamb. I'm just giddy thinking about it.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

San Antonio has a better coach, huh? I won't dispute that point, but it didn't help them avoid getting backdoor swept in the 2012 WCF. Which featured a worse Thunder team than this year and a better Spurs team than this year.

Regarding Houston...who cares what the starting 5 is? What matters is the group that plays the most minutes, which is not a lineup that includes Perkins. OKC's best lineup trumps Houston's best lineup by a good distance both offensively and defensively. I can't wait to watch Parsons try to defend KD when he's at the 4. Or Lin/Harden/Beverly trying to defend Westbrook/Jackson/Lamb. I'm just giddy thinking about it.

Dwight Howard is UNDOUBTEDLY better than Russell Westbrook.

And OKC's best lineup trumps Houston's? No. Just no.

I know that your Thunder are good right now, but stop acting like they're untouchable. If they play Houston in the playoffs, they're going to lose.

Guest Phailadelphia

Stop saying your team is untouchable. HOUSTON IS UNTOUCHABLE IN THE PLAYOFFS THOUGH.

FTFY.

PS: Sig bet?

Edited by Phailadelphia