Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Did nothing dangerous except lunge at Westbrook for a steal AFTER the timeout had already been called, and did it despite their incident from last year. Fuck that guy.

There was no lunge whatsoever. It was closer to the sideline and he put his arms around Westbrook. Don't take things so out of perspective.

Bware, if Patrick Beverly played for anyone but the Rockets, you would want him t'd up, fined, and probably kicked out of the NBA. Come on now.

Bware, if Patrick Beverly played for anyone but the Rockets, you would want him t'd up, fined, and probably kicked out of the NBA. Come on now.

Depends on which team he played for. I love that he defends the living shit out of who his opponent is, regardless of their name or their stature in the player hierarchy. There's this perspective that role players in the NBA can't fight back against established names, that they can't shove them or hand check them or anything whatsoever. Pat says "Fuck that" and does it right back, and so far officials have been letting him get away with it because of all the things they let star guards get away with. It just seems like he does it more because it's how he's made his name as a player.

Let's be honest, for a few seconds. When Pat Beverly guards Chris Paul like this, no one cares because Chris Paul is the dirtiest player in the league, the player who tosses more elbows, delivers more organ shots under the radar, and in general makes more dirty plays than anyone in the league--by a long shot). Chris Paul makes Pat Beverly's somewhat dirty plays look like JR Smith shoelace incidents.

But that's the thing. Chris Paul does these exact same things (except for the 2 Timeout plays, which I DON'T like at all, even if last night's play was harmless and funny, which I think it was meant to be). Why can an established star do things that make Pat Beverly look harmless, while Pat Beverly can't D you up for 94 feet, put his hands on you, and in general just pester the shit out of his opponents? It makes no sense.

The whole Westbrook-Beverly thing is overblown. Pat made what he thought was a harmless gesture last playoffs and Russ ended up getting hurt. It's the ONE TIME that an injury has ever occurred on a play like that and yet people make it sound like he kicked a guy when he was down. It sucked, and I guarantee you Pat regrets it, but it is what it is and it doesn't define Pat Beverly. 9 games out of 10 Pat just plays a ton of defense and is an under the radar impact player for Houston, but there's always that tenth game that results in a star player bitching and people want to send Beverly to the guillotine. It's ridiculous.

Do I want Pat to review his style of play and understand the difference between being a pest and making an unnecessary play? Yes, but he's not Bruce Bowen staging his feet underneath shooters, hoping they land on his foot and twist an ankle.

If nothing else, I at least got you to admit that he's a dirty player.

If nothing else, I at least got you to admit that he's a dirty player.

But I don't think he is. I think he has tendencies to go too far, at times, and make dirty plays. There's a difference between occasionally making a dirty play like Bev and being the dirtiest player on the floor every time you're on like CP3.

Guest Phailadelphia

Did nothing dangerous except lunge at Westbrook for a steal AFTER the timeout had already been called, and did it despite their incident from last year. Fuck that guy.

There was no lunge whatsoever. It was closer to the sideline and he put his arms around Westbrook. Don't take things so out of perspective.

For what? Why would he lunge at Westbrook after what happened last year? And spare me the "he's trying to make a play" bullshit. He was CLEARLY trying to get a rise out of Westbrook and the Thunder. That's Beverley being a fucking idiot.

And your rant about his play...a dude can't regularly make dirty players and not be considered a dirty player unless by this statement you're implying he's a moron who lacks self control and doesn't possess the aptitude necessary to learn how to play the game.

I'm not losing perspective on this. And it's not just OKC fans going after Beverley for how he plays. It's becoming a near universal truth that Bev plays dirty. Even by Rockets fans/writers: http://www.red94.net/houston-rockets-98-oklahoma-city-thunder-106-embracing-villainy/14166/

• Upvote 1

I will never understand why Josh Smith is so content with taking so many jumpers. I really do think he needs to see some kinda sport psychologist about this. So confusing.

I never even knew Patrick Beverly could dunk. Goddamn.

Cavs lose Kyrie for the year mostly likely. Season over. They had a shot at the playoffs in the dogshit East.

So did Kyrie actually get hurt on a Blake Griffin flop?

Pacers are ass. Miami is going to kick the shit out of them, IF Indiana even gets to the ECF. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Washington or Chicago or Toronto first.

76ers are 4 losses away from tying the Cavs' recent record of 26 straight losses.

Pacers are ass. Miami is going to kick the shit out of them, IF Indiana even gets to the ECF. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Washington or Chicago or Toronto first.

Based on a slump in the regular season? Every team has these struggles. Indiana is going to be fine, and is the favorite in the EC if they get home court. Don't overreact to a sub-par stretch.

Trading for Evan Turner has so far been fucking pointless, though.

It's so odd seeing Toronto in a playoff spot and in the division lead.

And lol Sixers for their pathetic play. Even for tanking it's bad.

Edited by BigBen07

Guest Phailadelphia

Kevin Durant over his last 40 games:

35ppg

8rpg

6apg

52/40/86 shooting percentages

Dude is on one.

Guest Phailadelphia

Go-go gadget Godmode!

• Upvote 1

Big win for Dallas. This race for the #8 seed is awesome. I'm gonna feel really bad for whoever misses out, lol.

1 more loss and the 76ers tie the record for most losses in a row.

1 more loss and the 76ers tie the record for most losses in a row.

And it's official. lol Sixers. They can get to 30 easily which is scary.

Guest Phailadelphia

This needs a "u mad?" caption.

r620-7d9339ec3f0d9ec019057c9fa9e8e19e.jp

Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings are making it their mission to leave no doubt that the Pistons are the worst team in the league by starting 2-10 together.

And then getting ejected so that Will Bynum of all people can eat his minutes. >_>

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Pacers are not a true title contender IMO. They're not going to get homecourt and Miami will beat them in 6 or 7 again, if Indiana can even get that far. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose in the 1st or 2nd round.