Sign in to follow this  
EmDiggy

Football Gameplan's 2014 Mock Draft Video - January (2 Rounds)

Ohh.. LB. Definitely need some depth at the position, and wouldn't mind the pick at all.. But taking AJ Hawk off the field? I dunno about that.

Glad you didn't mock Bortles or Manziel to the Texans at #1 like I've seen some "draft experts" do.

If the Texans stay put with the first overall pick and don't select Bridgewater, I might... :thththblowup:

I would love both Antonio Richardson and Bradley Roby, that would be insane.

One thing, if I were Lions GM I'd take Mike Evans with 10th overall pick. I love Allen Robinson in the second for them but I feel like they wouldn't miss on arguably the best WR in this class. And I suppose Tyler Larsen would be there in the second.

• Upvote 1

Glad you didn't mock Bortles or Manziel to the Texans at #1 like I've seen some "draft experts" do.

If the Texans stay put with the first overall pick and don't select Bridgewater, I might... :thththblowup:

You guys are picking Bortles #1

:troll:

Honestly that would be the most rageworthy thing to happen to this Texans fan. I'd rather have Manziel over Bortles I'd rather have Clowney over Bortles. etc. etc.

I can see Bortles being a success at the next level, but it's going to take some developing over a few seasons in my opinion which is not what you use the #1 pick on.

But taking AJ Hawk off the field? I dunno about that.

So you no longer believe he's worthless?

Never said he was worthless. Said he was average at best, and not worth the pick or money he was making at the time. Now the Packers, thanks to the Titans and a restructure from Hawk, have an even more overpaid ILB in Brad Jones.

Hawk just isn't anything special. Doesn't mean he is worthless. He did really struggle in keeping to his lanes though this season, which is very unlike him. Then again, the entire Packers defense had trouble with lane discipline and maintaining their gaps.

I wouldn't be totally against his removal, but Ted has a man crush on him so.. I would be pretty surprised if he was replaced.

Seems like there's a lot of good receivers this draft.

Definitely. I'm a big fan of Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Robinson, Matthews, and Abbrederis and I'm sure there are others that I just haven't studied yet. This is easily one of the most talented receiver class I've ever seen.

Honestly that would be the most rageworthy thing to happen to this Texans fan. I'd rather have Manziel over Bortles I'd rather have Clowney over Bortles. etc. etc.

I can see Bortles being a success at the next level, but it's going to take some developing over a few seasons in my opinion which is not what you use the #1 pick on.

Yeah there's rumblings from multiple sources (Dane Brugler, and Tony Pauline to name some) that the Texans brass and mostly O'Brien favor Bortles over Bridgewater. Not sure why but those guys are know to have legit sources inside organizations even if their player evaluations as draft guys are off some of the time. Then again, that could all be purposely leaked stuff as smoke screens. But if we're to believe the sources it's a legit possibility. I'm with you though, I'd rather have Teddy, Clowney, Manziel, and even Sammy Watkins over Bortles that high. I think Teddy, Clowney and Watkins are the 3 possible elite talents in the draft on their own top tier. Bortles is my 3rd QB after Manziel.

Seems like there's a lot of good receivers this draft.

Definitely. I'm a big fan of Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Robinson, Matthews, and Abbrederis and I'm sure there are others that I just haven't studied yet. This is easily one of the most talented receiver class I've ever seen.

BEYOND loaded. Like you said, already is one of the most talented WR classes we've seen. There will be really talented guys to be had deep in the draft. Not to mention lots of diamonds in the rough in UDFA. I like all those guys you listed even if I'm lower on Lee than most. Then you have LSU's WRs, Beckham, Landry, Brandin Cooks, Richardson, Parker, Adams, Bryant, Moncrief, Coleman, Huff — it's ridiculous.

FYI, Parker is returning to school. But the day 2 haul of WRs looks very impressive. I think this may actually hurt some of the day 1 WRs, as teams with need may opt to address other needs and take a guy later.

FYI, Parker is returning to school. But the day 2 haul of WRs looks very impressive. I think this may actually hurt some of the day 1 WRs, as teams with need may opt to address other needs and take a guy later.

Wow with Teddy leaving too? Strange decision. Or maybe he knows this class is loaded so he might get picked higher next year. Also, agreed on your last sentence, definitely will have teams thinking about waiting to pickup WRs in the middle rounds. I think Sammy is an elite prospect though, and I'm not just saying that because he's from my hometown and I watched him play in 2 games live in HS. :D

Sammy is elite. He is going top 10. He is a special prospect. Injuries willing, he should have a very productive pro career.

I'm thinking more along the Mike Evans/Marquise Lee prospects. Along with the host of late first through late 2nd round guys. The talent pool in the 20 through 60 range for WRs is thick. We could see some movement in terms of trades throughout the first round if teams there are targeting WR help.

• Upvote 1

Pryor the QB of the future in Oakland? No way. Raiders need a QB badly. The Watkins pick is solid for them but no way do they have the answer at QB on the roster already.