Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

SAY "WHORE" AGAIN! SAY "WHORE" AGAIN, I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHAFUCKA, SAY "WHORE" ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!

Posting my thoughts as I watch the episode....

-- scene(s) with Jon / Mance were pretty awesome. THEN BAM! THE ONE TRUE KING. I am beginning to like Stannis more and more. I really like Davos though... he's a boss. Can't say there is too much there I didn't like

-- I am SO SICK OF CERSEI. DIE. DIE. DIE. I also am beginning to hate Jamie more again just because he can't resist the smell of his sisters vagina. Mmmm, a nice melding of corruption and cunt.

-- Tears when Jon takes Ygritte beyond the wall. :(

-- Loved Dany handling Mr. I am Too Old to do Anything With my Life. I was all yelling at my computer like "Let him choose! LET HIM CHOOSE! " The next person she saw... Not so much. More tears when The Mother of Dragons chains her children up in the catacombs. So, so, depressing.

-- Brandon storyline? Oh no! But it doesn't start off too badly. And then... Then it fucking happens. Brandon goes all Spock on Hodor with the Vulcan Mind Meld and in that moment... I saw my prediction of Hodor sitting upon the Iron Throne come to life.

-- And then they did it again.. They fucking did it again. Another of my favorite characters is swiftly killed off the show (Jojen). He wasn't exceptionally important nor did he play much of a role so it isn't Red Viper levels of depression for me, but still pretty annoyed....

"He died... So that you could find what you have lost" -- Dumbledore in a Tree

-- Brienne !!!! Oh Podrick, you so silly!

-- The Hound VS Brienne is like the biggest lose / lose the show could engage in at this very moment. *sigh* . Arya being a little bitch. The way her character was moving, I don't see why she didnt' kill him. Sure, that would have given him mercy and exactly what he wanted... Does she get more satisfaction out of knowing he is in pain? Can she actually cross him off her list if she doesn't kill him? Was he even on the list anymore? The fact that she doesn't kill him and we don't see him dead tells me he is on his way back! He has to.... right? RIGHT?

-- Jamie to the rescue... ! What are you doing Tyrion? Oh no she didun't! Dumb bitch got what she deserved... Even though, it kinda was Tyrion's fault to begin with. Dominoes, Ripples in a Pond, Chaos is a Ladder, etc.

-- OH SHIT!!!! OH SHIT!!!! OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

-- It was cool to get a payoff with Arya and a potential Jaqen or whatever his name is meet up, but the ending lacked some sizzle. Especially with Tywin dying right before it.. I wanted one last POP.. BANG... Kind of moment or something to end the episode (and season). Should have had Tywin's death be the lasting moment, IMO.. Or I dunno what else. Needed something more.

Great stuff though overall.

Edited by Favre4Ever

-- It was cool to get a payoff with Arya and a potential Jaqen or whatever his name is meet up, but the ending lacked some sizzle. Especially with Tywin dying right before it.. I wanted one last POP.. BANG... Kind of moment or something to end the episode (and season). Should have had Tywin's death be the lasting moment, IMO.. Or I dunno what else. Needed something more.

Great stuff though overall.

SEE? Even the non-book readers know there was something missing. That scene would have been the PERFECT end to season 4.

One of my favorite moments (there were a lot of them, lol) was actually Varys hearing the bell towers from the docks and being like.. Oh shit, time for me to go... LMAO. I was like.. Yaaaaaa.

In the end, Lord Tywin did not in fact shit gold.

• Upvote 1

SEE? Even the non-book readers know there was something missing. That scene would have been the PERFECT end to season 4.

I dunno what you are talking about, but it sounds infuriating to me anyway. Knowing my history with the show and how they've changed from the book in small parts.

Also, what's this shitting gold thing?

And this dialogue between Tyrion and Tywin you were talking about, which I just read going through previous posts... ???

Edited by Favre4Ever

It's a running joke in Westeros that Tywin Lannister is so rich that he shits gold. That chapter in the books ends with the line "Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold"

• Upvote 1

The ending that never was would have been exceptionally awesome.

Oh man...I really hope the Hound isn't actually dead. He was my favorite character.

I'll hold out hope for him like I did with Merle in TWD.

Can't believe this season is already over and we have to wait another year.

• Upvote 1

I dunno what you are talking about, but it sounds infuriating to me anyway. Knowing my history with the show and how they've changed from the book in small parts.

I don't think it was changed, (dear god I hope it wasnt), just pushed back till next season.

Oh and as far as Jojen goes you can blame that on HBO. Jojen isn't dead (yet) in the books.

The dialogue I was talking about was between Tyrion and Jaime. I will post the synopsis of the chapter as it happened here, as they changed several things about Tyrion's escape, including his reason for killing Tywin. It wasn't about Shae at all. 99% sure its cut from the show, as I don't know how it would happen now. I will still put it in spoiler tags, it spoils nothing else but their talk.

They banter as they leave the cell; Jaime explains that Varys had dosed the guards with sweetsleep, and is waiting above to take Tyrion to a galley bound for the Free Cities. Tyrion points out that a noseless dwarf will hardly be inconspicuous no matter where he goes, and Jaime laughs and kisses him on either cheek. Tyrion thanks him for saving his life, and Jaime replies that he owed Tyrion a debt. Tyrion asks what debt.

His brother looked away. “Tysha,” he said softly.

“Tysha?” His stomach tightened. “What of her?”

“She was no whore. I never bought her for you. That was a lie that Father commanded me to tell. Tysha was… she was what she seemed to be. A crofter’s daughter, chance met on the road.”

Jaime says their father said she was a commoner after Lannister gold, which made her no different from a whore, and that Tyrion would learn a lesson, and thank Jaime later. He begs Tyrion to believe that he didn’t know what would happen, and Tyrion backhands him, knocking him to the ground. Jaime says he supposes he earned that.

“Oh, you’ve earned more than that, Jaime. You and my sweet sister and our loving father, yes, I can’t begin to tell you what you’ve earned. But you’ll have it, that I swear to you. A Lannister always pays his debts.”

Jaime offers to go with him, but Tyrion declines. He asks if Jaime can fight left-handed, and Jaime answers, not as well as Tyrion. Tyrion replies that they will be well-matched if they meet again, then. Jaime demands truth for truth, and asks if Tyrion killed Joffrey. Tyrion points out that Joffrey would have been a worse king even than Aerys, who tried to kill Brandon Stark and would have killed Tyrion too. Jaime says Tyrion didn’t answer the question, and Tyrion snaps back that yes, he killed Jaime’s “vile son.” Jaime walks away without a word. Tyrion almost calls him back to say he lied, but thinks of Tysha and doesn’t.

Tyrion finds Varys, who tells him he dared not speak for Tyrion at his trial, but that Jaime is “most persuasive.” Tyrion threatens to kill him, and Varys sighs that the spider is never loved, and points out that Tyrion will never find his way out without him. Tyrion asks where Sansa is, and Varys replies that his little birds are silent on the matter. He takes Tyrion down into the fourth level of the dungeons, and insists they go in darkness. Tyrion is wary, but accepts this.

Eventually they emerge to a chamber that Tyrion recognizes as being below the Tower of the Hand, and decides, despite Varys’s protests, to climb up to Tywin’s bedchamber through the secret passage there before heading to the ship. The ladder climb is agony, but he makes it up, and finds that the passage exits at the hearth. He goes in, and finds Shae there, naked except for the Hand’s chain of office. She protests to him that the queen made her say the things she did. Tyrion asks her if she ever liked being with him, and she says “more than anything.” Tyrion thinks it was the worst thing she could have said, and strangles her with the chain.

Then he takes a crossbow and loads it, and goes to find his father in the privy chamber. Tywin greets him coolly, and asks who released him, surmising it is Varys. He demands that Tyrion put down the crossbow, opining that Tyrion would never have the courage to shoot him, and claims that he still intends to send Tyrion to the Wall rather than the headsman. Tyrion ignores this, and asks instead what Tywin did with Tysha. Tywin claims he doesn’t remember at first, but then says he supposes the steward sent her away after she’d “learned her place”. Tyrion asks where. Tywin replies, “wherever whores go,” and Tyrion shoots him in the groin. Tywin is astounded, and Tyrion asks him to do him a favor and die quickly.

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosened in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.

Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold.

Edited by Thanatos19

Here is the exact scene between Tywin and Tyrion:

The only thing Tyrion wants is to know the answer to one simple question — he feels Tywin owes him that much.

“I owe you nothing.”

“You’ve given me less than that, all my life, but you’ll give me this. What did you do with Tysha?”

“Tysha?”

He does not even remember her name. “The girl I married.”

“Oh, yes. Your first whore.”

Tyrion took aim at his father’s chest. “The next time you say that word, I’ll kill you.”

“You do not have the courage.”

“Shall we find out? It’s a short word, and it seems to come so easily to your lips.”Again, given how Tysha has been downplayed in the show, it’s not a surprise that Tywin’s demise comes from a different source. Still, the intention is similar.

Tywin eventually reveals that he did not have Tysha killed. In fact, he doesn’t really know what happened to her. He assumes “the steward sent her on her way. I never thought to inquire.” When Tyrion asks Tywin where the steward sent her, Tywin gives the worst answer possible:

“Wherever whores go.”

Tyrion’s finger clenched. The crossbow whanged just as Lord Tywin started to rise. The bolt slammed into him above the groin and he sat back down with a grunt. The quarrel had sunk deep, right to the fletching. Blood seeped out around the shaft, dripping over his bare thighs.

As Tywin bleeds out, he spits out his final words: “You… you are no… no son of mine.” But Tyrion says he’s absolutely Tywin’s son. “Why, I believe I’m you writ small. Do me a kindness now, and die quickly. I have a ship to catch.”

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosed in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.

Lord Tywin did not, in the end, shit gold.

Edited by Thanatos19

great episode, eh finale. I was gonna ask what was wrong with Jojen cus I forget, but he's dead now so I don't care.

I love Brienne (I think she's really hot... idk idgi either), and when she came up the hill and happened upon Arya I was like, oh shit, she's gonna get killed by the Hound. Then she Balrog'd him off the cliff and I was like, wait, idk how to feel about this, I love the Hound too. Heartstrings man, they're tricky.

What's stopping Bran from warging into Mannis or Tommen and running the show?

Is the Mountain about to come back like one of those crazy gimp guys from Beastmaster?

death+guard.jpg

I watched some of the 2014 world's strongest man competition on Saturday, Halfthor Bjornsonn (mountain) owned every event I got to see, it was pretty cool.

edit: and Dany!! that fucking bitch. I'm calling the aspca

Edited by theMileHighGuy

We talked about this last night but... I officially bought the last two books. Ugh. Why, oh Why.

Book readers are officially the biggest pussies of all time, not that big of a deal that they left that for the next season.

• Downvote 3

When are they gonna do it next season though? There are people worried that they're just cutting it entirely.

When I checked earlier, the finale was at 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Pretty awesome.

Varys is such an interesting character. Every time he's on screen I'm uncomfortable, but it's so hard to figure out this guys motivation. Justice maybe? Not even Baelish has a read on him and he seems to have the books on everyone.

I view Baelish and Varys as two parts to a whole, yin and yang, Mesopotamia and Egypt (references I can use from school? *gasp*) . Both are kind of shady characters with ambitions and motivations that aren't extremely clear or spoken of often. Both want very different things, though, for themselves and for the lands in which they occupy.

Petyr is out for himself, playing the 'game of thrones' and trying to ascend the ladder of chaos from which it extends. He see the whole thing as a challenge, and willingly accepts it... It's a thrill for him. He wants to ascend and "check-mate" every adversary on every rung of that ladder, and he will do so at any cost.

Varys on the other hand seems to be of the train of thought that the very game that Petyr so enjoys is exactly what will be the downfall of civilization. He sees it as harmful to the crown, to the people who occupy the lands, etc. It seems like the decisions he makes are based on doing what he thinks is best for EVERYONE... He wants stability and peace, no matter the cost.

The Littlefinger / Varys dynamic is honestly one of the most intriguing and well written pieces on TV, IMO. I hope the books offer the same justice to two really undervalued and epic characters.

• Upvote 1

Look forward to it Jeramie-kun

For people who have read the books... are you supposed to like characters like Jaime, The Hound, Tywin? Or are the portrayals by the actors who play them making them more likable/enjoyable? Just wondering.

Isn't that something readers should determine for themselves? I don't think anyone can tell you whether or not to like a certain character. Only you can answer that.

I just mean if they come off as cool as their on-screen counterparts do, or if they're just assholes.

Before the TV series started Tywin was my favourite character. After the series... well Oberyn jumped up like 40 spots so that isn't fair, but Tywin would still be a close second. The nice thing about this series is that even the evil guys have likable qualities, even if those qualities include being an asshole to their children.

• Upvote 1