Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Hotpockets Use Meat from "Diseased or Unsound Animals"

If you were planning to eat a Hot Pocket today, you might want to reconsider that decision. Several varieties have been recalled after it came to light that some of the products’ meat had not undergone proper inspection, CBS Baltimore reports.
More specifically (and more vomit-inducingly), some of the meat — if affiliated with the California-based Rancho Feeding Corporation — could have come from “diseased and unsound animals,” according to a news release from the USDA. The Giant supermarket chain has pulled the Philly Steak & Cheese and Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese varieties, according to CBS Baltimore.

Sounds delicious.
Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

If this is also true of pizza rolls I might roll over dead in the next few days.

• Upvote 1

We live in a world where pretty much everything on the shelves at your local grocery store is pre-packaged, mass produced and processed all to hell. If you think about it...wtf is in a Salisbury steak or any of those Encore meals? Anything to cut corners and cut costs. To eat healthy is just so damn expensive too. It really sucks.

• Upvote 2

We live in a world where pretty much everything on the shelves at your local grocery store is pre-packaged, mass produced and processed all to hell. If you think about it...wtf is in a Salisbury steak or any of those Encore meals? Anything to cut corners and cut costs. To eat healthy is just so damn expensive too. It really sucks.

pretty much this. costs too much to go to a butcher shop and getting meat or going to a farmers market for most people. We live in a world where you can buy two 2 L of pepsi at the same price of a jug of milk.

Not surprised to hear this.

I was more worried about all the preservatives, though.

Granted, I'm lucky. As a beef cattle farmer, I've never really had the taste for mass produced beef products, so the Philly Cheese Hot Pockets are never even tempting.

pretty much this. costs too much to go to a butcher shop and getting meat or going to a farmers market for most people. We live in a world where you can buy two 2 L of pepsi at the same price of a jug of milk.

Actually the Amish butcher I go to costs less than my local grocery stores on most of the meats. Also in the summer every Friday and Saturday they do a farmers market on the square in town that is also very affordable. Sucks in the winter though cause obviously they don't do it.